[SHIP][WIP]Nemesis

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheHybrid

[SHIP][WIP]Nemesis

Postby TheHybrid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:55 pm

The Nemesis
Story: This Heavy Cruiser was once a collaboration project between the Humans and Engi. It was intended to be the Federation Flagship, but that was before the rebellion. Found by Federation Loyalists, it is put to use. The strange purple paint job was added by the loyalists in an attempt to hide its Federation identity, but the familiar Federation engines give its identity away and the Rebels commence pursuit. It carries one prototype laser cannons, and artillery beam, and two prototype drones.

The Mod: This is my first ship mod that I am releasing to the public. The main ship hull is made of a spliced together Kestral and Rebel rigger, with some various customized sections to give it a unique look. The prototype laser cannons modified simple lasers. firing three shots, each doing two damage and piercing one shield. The drones are a modified combat drone II, that fires one shot that is a mix of two, allowing for two damage. It also has improved engines allowing for quicker movement. The other drone is a healing drone with improved engines allowing for a quicker heal. Includes the augments drone recovery arm and engi med-bot dispersal.

Known bugs: Miniship icon is to big for GUI.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3yle ... s+v0.4.ftl - Version 0.4

Changelog:
0.4 - Noted bugs fixed with help of RAD-82. (Thanks!) Prototype laser and Duel Shot drone re balanced. Overall ship layout re balanced. Weapon slot 3 re positioned so it is slightly easier to see.
0.3 - Updated textures.
0.2 - Fixed Arty Beam. Fixed Prototype Laser textures.
0.1 - Release

Hangar image (Note that the screenshot quality does not represent the color of the ship. In game looks cleaner)-Image
Last edited by TheHybrid on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
agigabyte

Re: [SHIP][WIP]Nemesis

Postby agigabyte » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Suggestion: add some orange lines to the ship or otherwise make more detail for the texture

If you are using superluminal, make a fifth weapon mount (It has to be fifth I believe) and hit the button to change which direction it opens toward.

EDIT: nvm, check the superluminal tutorial thread.
TheHybrid

Postby TheHybrid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Yeah the paint job does look a bit bland. I'll get to work on that soon, but don't expect anything spectacular. (I'm not the best artist)

As for the Arty beam, yeah what you said had been the problem.

Thanks for the feedback!
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Can't hold it against you though, I suck at textures.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:15 am

TheHybrid wrote:The ship, weapon, and drones are all packed into separate .ftl files, as every time I try to combine them all into one, the game produces errors. At the moment I consider this to be a small issue, and I will fix it once the more important bug are fixed.
Lastly, the miniship icon isn't working at the moment, but like the previously listed issue, it isn't as important as the other bugs.

I was bored and had nothing to do, so I tried to fix these issues. I don't know if I succeeded or not, because I can't play on this computer that I'm using. I also made minor changes to the image dimensions on the hull (it wasn't matching the .xml file) and cloak. Wait... this ship doesn't have cloak. Why did I do that? Maybe because the image was there. :lol:

{edit: Link removed and file deleted. Link was quoted, so I suppose it will be broken there.}

I'll remove this link and delete the file eventually when it appears it is no longer needed or wanted.

edit: I've tested it now. It looks better now that the rooms fit in the hull. Those starting weapons are certainly OP right now. It seems drones can't fire twice, but that Duel Shot drone would be even more OP if it could fire twice. It's fast enough already to get a second shot in on small ships before shields are re-charged. One suggestion I have is to have the 3rd weapon mount slide right instead of up. I can't really make any balance suggestions.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Mantis federation loyalists? Holy shit dude you've picked the least race with the intentions to join up with federation.
TheHybrid

Postby TheHybrid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
TheHybrid wrote:The ship, weapon, and drones are all packed into separate .ftl files, as every time I try to combine them all into one, the game produces errors. At the moment I consider this to be a small issue, and I will fix it once the more important bug are fixed.
Lastly, the miniship icon isn't working at the moment, but like the previously listed issue, it isn't as important as the other bugs.

I was bored and had nothing to do, so I tried to fix these issues. I don't know if I succeeded or not, because I can't play on this computer that I'm using. I also made minor changes to the image dimensions on the hull (it wasn't matching the .xml file) and cloak. Wait... this ship doesn't have cloak. Why did I do that? Maybe because the image was there. :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5xqbh ... s-file.ftl

I'll remove this link and delete the file eventually when it appears it is no longer needed or wanted.

edit: I've tested it now. It looks better now that the rooms fit in the hull. Those starting weapons are certainly OP right now. It seems drones can't fire twice, but that Duel Shot drone would be even more OP if it could fire twice. It's fast enough already to get a second shot in on small ships before shields are re-charged. One suggestion I have is to have the 3rd weapon mount slide right instead of up. I can't really make any balance suggestions.

The ship has no cloak because it has an arty beam, but I figured i'd make the cloak image as the official Federation Cruiser has a cloak image. I'll check your fixes out as well. As for the Duel Shot drone, actually having a drone fire to shots is not possible from what I can tell, so I compensated for this by making each shot do 2 damage, to make it seem that both shots are fired at the exact same time and merge together. (Made sense in my head) The starting weapons definitely could be nerfed, or maybe I could remove one of them. As for the third weapon mount, It probably would be better to have it slide right instead of up. In my head I was hoping to find a way to make that mount appear on top of some of the hull, but I could not. Thanks for the feedback!
TheHybrid

Postby TheHybrid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 pm

MightyKebab wrote:Mantis federation loyalists? Holy shit dude you've picked the least race with the intentions to join up with federation.

These two Mantis had a bone to pick with the Rebels, so they decided to help the Federation for a time to get their revenge.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 am

MightyKebab wrote:Mantis federation loyalists? Holy shit dude you've picked the least race with the intentions to join up with federation.

I agree, they want humans/Federation EXTINCT and hate them as much as (WWII) the Jewish hate the Germans.
That and we know from extensive research that the Mantis don't really hold a grudge (besides to the Federation) and just love to be the mean fighting machine they are, to the point they will kill each other to get the kill. (Mantis culture reflects greatly on CoD :lol: )

There is a high possibility that the Mantis are working with the Rebels... few examples why...

1) it is likely the Mantis gave the Rebels there fighters and scouts so they can steal the 'Stealth Cruiser) without breaking the peace pack with the Engi.

2) the Mantis are attacking the Engi core worlds, which is, the engi being part of the federation and the strongest, while the Rebels are taking out the Federation.

3) in 1 event, a mantis ship mentions that 1 day, all humans will die. (in nebula).

and that's all I can remember from the top of my head.

TheHybrid wrote:
<BR abp="630">These two Mantis had a bone to pick with the Rebels, so they decided to help the Federation for a time to get their revenge.

This also has a strong possibility, because if we look at the Federation Cruiser, we see a Mantis on board who is obviously part of the federation, because who would let a mantis on board a high tech secret weapon of war like the Federation Cruiser with it's Vindicator beam?

Is the "Red navy" (unofficial name for the Mantis Space Navy, we know there is a huge mantis organisation but we do not know much of, we know there uniform is red and there ships are the same colour from 1 event) is part of the Federation or Alliance? no.

Is random mantis part of it? yes more or less.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:02 pm

RE: Version 0.4

Quick scan of files: The 5th weapon mount for the artillery disappeared?