[MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Postby dalolorn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:should have figured, can you change costs and rarity of humans (and other races) ?
I remember seeing some codes for that (and also description) so is it possible to make humans rarity set to 0 (or really rare if 0 doesn't work for races) and then make a AI holographic engi by switching out the human sheet?

You could... but why would you want to do that?

Just make an all-rounder Engi replace the human, then the AI will be a hologram of said 'regular' Engi.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:45 pm

because humans are boring.

okay seriously, It's just I do not have any idea on a engi replacer for a human, they got nothing better then an original and I can't think of a reason for it to be worse then the normal besides a basic damage increase. but even then other alternate engi can do the same... Maybe make it rusty? Rust can do sh*t to you if it cuts you and it's not really good for the thing that has rust as well in terms of operation (and sometimes falling apart).

We'll see. Still trying to get the bloody Engi Interceptor balanced before I carry on with the Auto-Recon.
Don't want to send you guys for balance/ bug testing before the final comes out if I know there is clearly already balance issues.

It's mainly on the type B.

Type B only has 2 crew (2 engi), in a small ship with small health (10 I believe) and it's a medbay and shieldless room, comes with a weapons pre-ignite, comes with cloak, comes with a heal bomb.

But boarders and beams get deadly fast. I may consider it to have level 2 shields instead of level 1. It also comes with a little special drone but all I will say is it shoots an ion that does 1 ion damage. (and no it's not a beam or rapid firing).

The weapons are 2 Engi Heavy Laser 2's, which if you know from the 1's on the Zodiac, you can expect what it does.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:16 am

Just curious, when will the next ship be available for download?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:19 am

It was originally going to be a few days ago (the Engi interceptor) but I was unhappy when I realised it uses vanilla drones and how 1 seems a bit 'easy' with the starting equipment and the other seeming nearly impossible.
I think I may need a new weapon for the type B and also a new drone for the type A.
And I'm trying to fix some issues with the very first ship. Apparently it has so much doors the game is confused, out of the 4 reported door problems, only 1 was due bad pathing. The others are not to important though, the airlock one also got a 2nd airlock in the same room so it isn't that bad.

Also I had to go to church quite a lot since it's nearing some special/ is a special day weeks. (No it's not Christmas, our Christmas is in spring (Northern hemisphere).

And also I've also taken part in the a Christmas ship with someone so when I do mod it's testing out drones I made for it and a good hull for it.

Sorry for the delay.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 am

R4V3-0N wrote:It was originally going to be a few days ago (the Engi interceptor) but I was unhappy when I realised it uses vanilla drones and how 1 seems a bit 'easy' with the starting equipment and the other seeming nearly impossible.
I think I may need a new weapon for the type B and also a new drone for the type A.
And I'm trying to fix some issues with the very first ship. Apparently it has so much doors the game is confused, out of the 4 reported door problems, only 1 was due bad pathing. The others are not to important though, the airlock one also got a 2nd airlock in the same room so it isn't that bad.

Also I had to go to church quite a lot since it's nearing some special/ is a special day weeks. (No it's not Christmas, our Christmas is in spring (Northern hemisphere).

And also I've also taken part in the a Christmas ship with someone so when I do mod it's testing out drones I made for it and a good hull for it.

Sorry for the delay.

I wasn't mad i was just curious why, nice of you to at least show that you have "important" reasons why you can't fix/finish the interceptor.
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade (E. Interceptor released)

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 pm

FTL: Engi Brigade update!

Engi Interceptor!

Download: (also comes with extra drones available in stores)
https://www.dropbox.com/home?select=FTL ... 0A%26B.ftl

Hull: 10
Replaces: Rock Cruiser A and B.
Short Description: fast and agile Engi ship with unconventional Engi hull design, it was designed to take out enemy Mantis Bombers attacking the Engi Homeworlds. Following traditional Engi tastes in weaponry, it is equipped with 2 E.H.I.L.'s to disable the enemy ship and stop it right in there tracks as there Drones and other slower Engi Ships come in to finish the work, to assist in the disabling the Interceptor comes stock with a small bomb as well, how ever the ship is considerably fragile due to it's unique hull design.

Hull built with LosTech grade materials and equipment.

Variants: Engi Auto-Recon, a faster small automated ship originally made as small craft that can be deployed of smaller stations and ships to scout the area, due to this feature it still has not had time to be repainted or refitted fully to fulfill it's new purpose. COMING SOON (tm)

FTL: EB Status Update.

It's 4 am, I barely helped with the Christmas Community mod due to accidently re rewriting all the code into gibberish (but helped enough with the art, still working on the mod, it's not Christmas yet).
But I have finally fixed the issue (I hope...) with the drones I made for the type A and B for the Engi Interceptor.

How ever the roadmap will be altered a bit due to new information about FTL:AE, we got a new playable ship (so a total of 10 ships) and also type C ships ( so 3 types, making a grand total of 30 ships to replace!). I will update the first post shortly, but the Interceptor link should be up there already on the first post, I will not bother with the ship on a new thread in working mods as I do not know how well it will work nor will it work to well as AE is coming soon and I'll require to add a type C and door & sensor mannable system, etc.

The Drone Harbour will be fixed soon and with a floor image and such, BUT it will suffer from the issue with front shields having issues registering hits from the front during combat, especially during the boss fight, I will make the shield smaller and tighter and reposition the ship, HOW EVER, I will make it so there is still some bit sticking out and edit the shields graphics so it will show that it is weaker in the area, Pretty much the story is the ship is to big to have a full sheild ellipsis so it powers it mostly near the rear and sides to prevent delicate equipment and segments from being damaged such as O2 system, Engines, etc. (obviously in game the laser/ beam / what ever that entered in that area can go all the way to the other side of the ship, but that's just the story for the 'nerf').
The door problem is hopefully fixed in the soon to come patch, but there is an issue, it seems like SOME problems is caused by simply having to many doors rather then the doors leading to the wrong room, I checked each individual door for the problem and only found it 3 times, twice in the type B, once in the type A, but that still leaves a few air locks and doors unaccounted for.

If anyone got a music editing software I would like if the 2 music pieces from in game for the Engi homeworld (both casual and battle versions) to be edited together and also be more fitted for a main menu like music.

Quick note, all ships released from now on will be on a separate mod file from the weapons and drones, the drones and weapons will be on a separate file, this will be like this because this is how it will be on release, so you can choose what ships you want replaced or not if you really want a different ship in game, ease of editing and fixing the weapons instead of going ship by ship for the tweak.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:32 am

I don't know why, but the link in your post goes to a dropbox page that asks for a username and password. The link on the OP works, but for some even stranger reason whenever I patch the file in through Slipsteam it doesn't actually add the ship. Also, just in general you might want to make a separate thread for the Interceptor maybe, since it looks like I'm the first to post anything in response I guess.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:42 am

Actually, you can't make a partial ellipse. You CAN, however (and, if I understood you correctly, WILL) make a shield ellipse that doesn't cover the entire hull - in this case, it fails to cover part of the front. Maybe the graphic should indicate that?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:33 am

Dalolorn that's where you wrong, the Ellipsis can be 'partial' if it goes into the "TARGET" box for the enemy, it's a problem the current ship suffers as defence drones do not fire from there either nor does the shield register, meaning anything coming from there will hurt you.

aaaaaaa I will try and fix this, hopefully I didn't upload the wrong file or linked the wrong one, I will go seek to it at once.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 am

Found the problem, originally the weapons/ drones and ship was on 2 different files, how ever that day I had issues with the notepad and it didn't seem to like to save, to make sure I save I clicked save and save as etc and such.

The problem is everything is there besides the Blueprints for the ship itself. How ever the link problem I am not sure, I checked and the link for the file doesn't seem to work and links you to the homepage, I will get a new link shortly.

Edit: Here should be the new link, even tested it myself (the ship that is).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6efk0s9cqchwd ... ceptor.ftl

Also a word of advise, the 2 ships are small and fragile, it is hard, I recommend to abuse the low prices for lower level drone and engine system fast. This ship is more then a challenge, I have seen people win in this game without using shields (and it isn't a zoltan or stealth cruiser), I have heard people say they won the game in FotF's Federation Scout and Engi Scout and such, which only has 5 hull and less equipment, I know most people can't win in it, I still haven't, but I gotten close
(pilot error on my part, moved an engi into the weapons room and I didn't have high enough weapons level to sustain that extra power bar, so it powered partly the first weapon and shut down my main gun.)

Type A: Only system you can buy is Doors.
Type B: Only system you can buy is Doors and Sensors. (This ship is sheildless, but comes with cloaking and 'decent' starting equipment compared to vanilla)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.