[MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Megamax2001

Re: [MOD][WIP] Engi Brigade

Postby Megamax2001 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:43 am

I was about to post this ship, but I think you'd have better use for it in your mod. I was working on an Engi blockade ship, something that would be a bit of a larger ship that was made to be more hardy.
The cloaking image is a bit less than vanilla, being a jumble of pixels because I thought it'd fit the theme of Engi.

The idea for the floor plan came from Axel6430's ship the Breeze Cleaver, of revealing just more than hallways in the layout.

You can scrap the layout if you wish, I was testing a couple of playstyles earlier and uploaded what I thought worked best.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvc6x1t1ld1pa ... ruiser.ftl
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:39 am

@Mega

I'd like to adapt this into an enemy vessel.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
Megamax2001

Postby Megamax2001 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:01 am

NewAgeOfPower wrote:@Mega

I'm fine with that.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:57 am

That is a shiny ship you got there :D

I will use it and I am rather honored, I may edit the ship to have a hole in the centre back area, just to keep with the engi theme, I'll try to keep it as original as possible.

If it doesn't make it in as a player ship then it will be a 'enemy' ship you can come across in engi space and engi homeworlds.

I now need to make a floor for my ships now just to match this and it would be pretty cool... If you're interested can you help me out with that? I only made 2 ships (4 variants) right now, I stopped in progress due to some technical issues (issues with projectile animation / image, no worries will be fixed soon... I hope)

I think you should put the mod up for everyone to use, we need a way to find out it's balanced or not before it's implanted and such, just make sure to put somewhere that it will be implanted into Engi Brigade. That way people will not jump on me for stealing your ship or vice versa.

I will give you credit for the ship and also for any more floor plans if you make any.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Megamax2001

Postby Megamax2001 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:07 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:That is a shiny ship you got there :D

I will use it and I am rather honored, I may edit the ship to have a hole in the centre back area, just to keep with the engi theme, I'll try to keep it as original as possible.

If it doesn't make it in as a player ship then it will be a 'enemy' ship you can come across in engi space and engi homeworlds.

I now need to make a floor for my ships now just to match this and it would be pretty cool... If you're interested can you help me out with that? I only made 2 ships (4 variants) right now, I stopped in progress due to some technical issues (issues with projectile animation / image, no worries will be fixed soon... I hope)

I think you should put the mod up for everyone to use, we need a way to find out it's balanced or not before it's implanted and such, just make sure to put somewhere that it will be implanted into Engi Brigade. That way people will not jump on me for stealing your ship or vice versa.

I will give you credit for the ship and also for any more floor plans if you make any.

I could see about what I could do about floor plans. If the hull shape on the ships are the same then it should allow you to re-use them between variants.
If you do wish to attempt them on your own I used the mechanical parts from the Crystal ships to line them up just before the hull boundaries.

I'm going to get a head start on the Drone Harbour since the files are readily available.

*edit* I scrounged out all the mechanical parts from the crystal ships and made a template of them.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Megamax2001 wrote:
NewAgeOfPower wrote:@Mega

I'm fine with that.

Excellent.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
Megamax2001

Postby Megamax2001 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:22 am

I've got a first attempt for a floor plan for the Drone Harbor.
Took a bit of a while and I tried to keep within the hull image, so it may not line up exactly with the rooms.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:58 am

cheers. =)

I think I may make some myself actually.
You as a modder got quite a bit of potential, wish you luck in your future projects and/or ships.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 am

Well guys, I will need to put this project on hold for now.
Don't worry, I will continue it soon, I will just practice modding on smaller ships and such.

I will practice my recoloring of ship hulls, making new weapons, and potentially give it new graphics to go with it.

Also I am thinking on holding it off till Advance edition will come, I will have to re do all my enemies and player ships which will add up to an A LOT when AE comes out so yea, I will just make weapons and quick ships for practice, I will not create all the ship hulls yets because I still want a chance for you guys to make awesome suggestions like NewAgeOfPower with the engi boarder and thanks for the fella who gave me the blockade ship.
etc.

---------------------------

As the rest of my ships are on hold besides the interceptor and I am going to aim for more practice, a person named Luna helped me a bit with the weapons I think I should mention but it didn't come across my mind because s/he isn't on this forum.

So anywho, that means I can go try and refine my weapons, fix up grammar issues, add a proper layout image to my ship (layout/ rooms ,what ever it's called) and tons more other stuff.

Btw = Luna only helped in 'balancing' and doing the details of my weapon, I only did a description and values I think that have to be the boundry for the specific weapon because I didn't want to make something that would be OP as hell like a beam with ion damage or an ion with shield piercing. etc.

Sorry for any typos, miscommunication, spelling / grammar, and issues.
Ginger Dragon video is the best if you want an idea of the ship, He has point out it's flaws in some times like it's size which I intentionally wanted to be a flaw (because someone thought the 5-10% smaller one was to OP....)

This ship isn't dead and neither is the engi brigade. But all I am doing is making other ships so I can do a more vide variety of weapons to get an idea and also a grasp on balance.

To answer some problems and then ask some questions at the end.

The Door on both ships seem off on the upper top left, the right door of that room.
Yes the door's are borked, not sure why I didn't do anything fancy with the ships in the codding nor in Superluminal, and I doubt I made the same mistake twice somehow, could be due to the size of the ship. Will fix when layout image is updated (well technically added)

The ship is UP/OP
Not really, it has elements of both to keep it balanced, I want a 'flagship class ship' that won't be Op, similar how to they made the player cruisers in this game have less firepower to start with them a federation scout on normal in sector one.

Will you add more weapons?
Yes, recent testing has proved that I can do weapons now with less bugs appearing each time. I am going to make a mini pack of playable enemy ships in game with a type B as well, pretty much Foundation of the Federation but with more ships and no new main menu image (FotF current state).

Why did you delay everything?
1) Get more experienced with modding.
2) After AE is added, the fact it will have mannable sensors and doors means that I assume they may have glows so I'll need time to add all 18 of my ships to have a new sensor and door room with possible glows and also add the new systems and sub systems, Mind Control seems like a good weapon the engi will use to keep mantis Obey :twisted:
3) To get more feed back from you guys and potential more help. If your interested to help please PM me, PM title saying "FTL:EB Help", the help I am looking for can be anything, I would appreciate quests, I want to add some new ones and rewrite others, If anything changes on the Rebel Flagship when AE comes I would like to change it, at leasts it's crew and hull image and texts in the events before hand to make it a different enemy.
4) Need to have a firm foundation and direction the mod will be built on.

If we do help, are we inclined to finish or stay all the way till the mod is finished?
Not at all, I would like it if you finished your work to a point someone else can continue or finish it completely, If everyone else is done besides you then you may need to get to a good place to work to then hand it over to someone else depending how long you take. You can just make 1 ship image, or do only all the mantis enemies, or do events that has easter eggs like having a Liam Sunwalker board your ship or what ever. I kinda want more events that give you crew with specific names, eg Snocklog (slg) or Kazaaakajdsisadba Mantis Cruiser dude.

When will FTL: EB be finished?
2014 summer (Southern Hemisphere, 2014 winter for you folks up North) (for ships)

this is if everything goes well and such.

How compatible is this mod?
The way I will make the ships is it only has the ship A and B blueprints and all the weapons and extras on a master blueprint. meaning that if you want to take your obsidian cruiser or Sunstrike rock cruiser or just play vanilla ships then you can, just all the weapons and quests will still be in game.

There will be after the first proper version is finished to have a Captains Edition compatible version, but due to how big both mods are, I will hold that off for some time, I don't think I can update my mod every 3 days to CE's update pace just to change 2 blueprint words or even letters.

The ship won't work with any mods adding new quests or replaces old ones, may conflict to much.

You suck at modding, this mod will suck
Well good day to you to sir.

Can I make a request for this mod or something?...
yes! I won't say it will have a 100% chance coming in, but it may be in a different form in the mod, eg instead of a engi boarding ship for a player, it could be an enemy boarding ship or a quest where 8 engi's board you (8 engi = 2 mantis in terms of damage, 6 rockman in terms of health, still can be taken down reasonably easy if you know how to deal with boarders)

You will be credited if you made something to go in, and I will try to keep the players happy.

You suck at English you know?...
And you suck at Afrikaner, Serbian, Maori, NZ Sign Language, French, Spanish, Russian, and Japanese. but we can't all be shoved down 20 languages down your throat win your little

(expanded: I am a Serbian (1 language) who was born in South Africa, they got tons of official languages there (5 estimate for what I learned), then I moved to NZ with my family and there we learned through my time here French, Japanese, Spanish (<for no reason, 3), more English, Sign, Maori, etc (3).

So that is 11 languages I had to learn, I often get confused between grammar systems and letter sounds and pronunciations but I am trying to recover from my language confused head and ditched everything besides my home language and English).

"Princesas Luna" ?
Once apone a time the person earlier I said that helped a bit also logged on my PC to recover some files she emailed herself to help me out and compare what kind of shite happened with some weapons and how to fix it and teach me what went wrong, once apone a time Google + and Youtube got... what ever, Youtube occupied communist Google +? you get the picture... instead of R4V3-0N on some videos, it is a type name that was ditched in like 2007. Thank's google +, you keep amazing me with your stupid decisions.

Bren Tenkage can go give you a more detailed statement on how great the new youtube is. :roll: :lol: forgot Russian from the list, 12 languages)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:37 am

I've been experimenting and I have made 1 more ship (also still testing out the Engi Interceptor, it is more improved and weapon issues fixed).

The ship is pretty damn small that will require a completely new or different (I hope) play style.
It will also be an Auto ship, my questions is to you guys is:

Q: Do you mind having a ship with no weapons (offence = drones) and live with the UI bug that no weapon ships have?

A: 1 out of 1 people said no, I don't mind.

Another question

Q: Do you want this mod to go all the way with plans (adding new events, altering others). Maybe change the whole entire events and such (eg making the main threat the mantis invaders instead of rebels) (may need extra hands on this and wait it out till AE is out and experimented on, do not want to spend day and night with a partner for weeks to make the boss change with all it's hard coding c*** only to find all our work is undone and could have been easier after AE)
Or just hault at new ships and weapons? (not permently)

A:

Engi vs Mantis: 0
Engi vs Rebs improved: 1
Just ships/ weapons: 0

1 out of 1 people have voted

This post will be updated regularly and may be put temporarily in the first post. It will stop being updated till sufficient data is collected or 2 weeks have pasted. To vote simply post saying 1: yes/no, 2: EvM, EvR, N/A, (along the lines of that), you can make a more detailed post after it.

Confirmed ships so far.
Engi Scout.
Engi Bomber
Engi Cruiser

Engi Auto-Recon
???
???

Engi Interceptor
???
Engi Flagship (Drone harbour)

Possibly will make it:
Boarding ship
Blockade ship
Medevac
Station
Auto series.

Last message, tell me what you want to see in this mod, because I want to listen to you guys and I want this to be a good mod for players (may not be if your not into Engi ships :roll: )

And I am still interested in help. your not bound to anything and you don't have to do it instantly. But I would like help later on with things such as quest and event making and teach me a thing or two on weapon animation: my greatest weakness.
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.