[MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NewAgeOfPower

Re: [MOD][WIP] Engi Brigade

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

agigabyte wrote:How do you make gibs? I have no way of perfectly dividing my ship images.

I sent you a PM with minimalist tutorial, agigabyte. Let me know if you need more instructions. I'm not sure how to set up a video tutorial, but I can write up a more detailed step-by-step version for you.

Rave, your sounding like a crybaby.

If you bothered to experiment for more than 30 seconds, you'd find that there is a button in Superluminal that automatically calculates optimal offset. It can fail to work if the ship exceeds design dimensions, which the Slug Flagship in the image you sent definitely does...

The art isn't even impressive or original; someone just copy-pastad the slug cruiser repeatedly and added some doodads. Good job.

I'm not sure where it's been posted, but I believe 450 wide (top to bottom) is approaching the limits.

As I said before, my strength's (in terms of ship modding in ftl, not involving other possible moddable things) are creating hull images, thinking of concepts and designs, weapon stats, room lay out and such (eg, not having a 20 x 4 room on a ship with a vanilla system image (2 x 1 eg) stretched in and having 90% of the room off the ship, that and making the room layout appealing).

Wow, what a unique skill! Look at all those amazingly balanced weapons and incredibly distinctive hull designs! Your vision is amazing!

Holy crap! Not having stretched out rooms, how come nobody else on this forum can achieve that?

90% room off the ship, that and making the room layout appealing

You need to add amazing ENGLISH SKILLS to your list of strengths. It's super-compehensible!
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 am

Having other priorities in life = cry baby, seems legit :roll:
You should be awarded for greatest mathematician of 2013.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
codyfun123

Postby codyfun123 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm

NewAgeOfPower wrote:
90% room off the ship, that and making the room layout appealing
You need to add amazing ENGLISH SKILLS to your list of strengths. It's super-compehensible!

I don't wish to take sides in your little argument, but he's pretty much saying he can make ships where the rooms actually fit inside the hull graphics.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:21 pm

I know, but I wasn't saying I am the only one on earth who can do that.
I am just referring to other new modders who use the kestrel and say put 99 reactor, put the rooms the size of a flagship on it, and put a heavy laser that fire 20 shots or what have you etc.

Anyway I made progress with the enemy ships, just having issues testing them due to the fact I have to go all the way to the mantis sector on normal and fly around before I die to something else or the rebel fleet. :roll:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:49 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Having other priorities in life = cry baby, seems legit :roll:
You should be awarded for greatest mathematician of 2013.

Posts like that don't quite help change his opinion of you. :|
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:46 pm

um... do you not read 50% of his last post or something? I treat people the same way they treat me.
It's fair enough is it not?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:00 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:um... do you not read 50% of his last post or something? I treat people the same way they treat me.
It's fair enough is it not?

It is only "fair enough" if his treatment is caused by anything other than a lot of misinformation, which seems to be the case. You're pretty much giving him more proof of his opinion, regardless of whether it is correct or not.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 pm

well I already said ages ago and picked out our communication issues. But looks like s/he isn't considering anything.
Including English being my 3rd language after 9 (that includes NZ and Aus Sign language if those count). So it is understandable that I may make an error sometimes like spelling "The" with an A, or a j, or what have you due to my over stretched knowledge of languages.

Just in case to clear up on one of the problems I brought up in a eg, the ship can fit on the screen if positioned right, and I had the same problem with ships smaller of that of the Federation scout or just a normal sized ship.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Yes, quite a few people plan on doing things like these, I originally wanted to do a rebel or federation fleet thing, but then I noticed to much people doing that. Then I turned to the race that rarely gets any love and isn't common for modding yet will make sense to fight the rebels.
(Sorta... there is a peace thing between the engi and rebels... but I think there are encounters where an engi vs a rebel)

And for your mod I hope you do it okay, you might refer to the old rebel design back at alpha to help yourself if you run out ships to put in game, recolor it to federation (which is easy for that ship) and make the A and B the regular rebels.

Where would I find that?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:40 am

Well the only image I know of the (old) rebel Rigger and Fighter is this.

You still need to make the gibs and stealth image obviously, but you can use the normal rebel fighter and riger to get the ripped gib parts and idea on where to cut the image. If you have the early access version somehow then look into the game files for it, how ever that version won't be modable in the first place, just encase you think your version may be that old.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.