[MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
aaaaaa50

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:30 pm

1. No
2. EvR

I'm fine with using no-weapon ships, but you've kinda phrased your question a bit weird. The answer you want is no, as in 'No, I don't mind' when you probably should have just gone with a yes as in 'Yes, I'd be ok with a ship with no weapons.'

The work to replace the rebels with mantis would be really huge. I personally like playing with new weapons and ships, but if you really want to modify everything than the only thing stopping you is how much work/time you want to put in. If you don't think you can do everything you want to without needing help, then it might be best to start with the easier stuff first.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 am

Yea, Sorry, lack of sleep, English 3rd language, tired. Blergh. :roll:
I quickly changed it to 'no, I don't mind'

Well good to know. Thank you for voting.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
richeygator

Postby richeygator » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:47 am

Nice idea hope you take it to the end :ugeek:
I dont have a god complex,you have a mortal complex
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:59 am

Will try, will do.

I just fear things in game will make it look unprofessional, like "No weapon UI bug" or other stuff like that. I am making progress. Still not taking to much action though, still trying to balance the Engi Interceptor, seems like boarders are a massive problem on the type B, i may need to add a Anti-pers drone.

Just a look on the new small fry of a ship:

This is an early image of it, I got a more updated version but it's a bit rough and not together and fitted at the moment. I am debating to change the hull colour of this because the rebels didn't paint there auto ships orange and blue did they? (besides 1, "Flagship" -crewless)

But the ship could have some story of backround like it used to be a civilian ship or what ever.

I am also debating if I should add more rooms on it or not. the type A is planned for 3 but I am considering a third.

The type B will be the opposite having weapons instead of drones and such. this is quite a bit of contrast to the huge engi flagship I have made. Also a few new drones will be added.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:40 am

Nice take on the Engi design there.

Do you plan to give the ships Engi crew only? Just wanted to point out that you actually could have different Engi with different properties on board. You could make use of the fact that most crew sheets have the same frames. By replacing for example the human sheet with a modified sheet that shows Engi you could create a "Commando Engi" (or whatever you want to call it in the description) that's actually decent at fighting, but worse at repairs. Other rolls would also be possible by replacing the crew sheets of other factions. (Zoltan=Energized Engi?, Slug=Scanner Engi?, whatever) If you leave the Enemy crew sheets as they are, then the changes would only apply to your crew, the enemies would still be the regular factions.

Just an idea of course. I briefly thought about making a Mantis player ship featuring this concept...
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Nice take on the Engi design there.

Do you plan to give the ships Engi crew only? Just wanted to point out that you actually could have different Engi with different properties on board. You could make use of the fact that most crew sheets have the same frames. By replacing for example the human sheet with a modified sheet that shows Engi you could create a "Commando Engi" (or whatever you want to call it in the description) that's actually decent at fighting, but worse at repairs. Other rolls would also be possible by replacing the crew sheets of other factions. (Zoltan=Energized Engi?, Slug=Scanner Engi?, whatever) If you leave the Enemy crew sheets as they are, then the changes would only apply to your crew, the enemies would still be the regular factions.

Just an idea of course. I briefly thought about making a Mantis player ship featuring this concept...

That is a fascinating idea.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks sleeper.

I actually had that idea already. How ever I will leave these 3 mantis unchanged. Mantis (as prisoners/ slaves/ PoW), Zoltan (they are real close to the engi, I will have some ships with Zoltans), and Engi for some obvious reasons. I will be planning to release the interceptor today and will try to finish my ideas for the auto ship.

I was planning to change ghost into a drone that can man systems and do average repairs and such.
I was planning to change slug into just what you said.
And also I was planning to change rockman to a bigger bulkier engi that has more health and twice as much damage as the other engi's but is slower.

How ever I did get a little stuck on how to make the new animation sheets to work, I couldn't even manage to do it with your CE Personal thing. I think I found the problem and it has to do with windows 8 yet again. :roll:

Thank you for the responses.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:02 pm

I think the ghosts will always use a transparent version of the human sheet, as they don't have one of their own. So modifying them will always give transparent results and requires modification of the human sheet.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:45 am

should have figured, can you change costs and rarity of humans (and other races) ?
I remember seeing some codes for that (and also description) so is it possible to make humans rarity set to 0 (or really rare if 0 doesn't work for races) and then make a AI holographic engi by switching out the human sheet?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:51 am

Yeah that should work. You just need to modify the human crew blueprint for that.