Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Official_KP

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Postby Official_KP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Arfy wrote:
Official_KP wrote:When creating ships from the games ship gibs and parts and stuff do I use the ones with glow or no glow?

(Most of this is assuming you use GIMP) You should use the ones with no glow, but you can use the magic wand tool for other gibs (such as the Kestrel's gibs)

But if you want to add a glow to your finished ship, I'd recommend you add a drop shadow (It's underneath Filters --> Light and Shadow);
Offset X and Y: 0
Blur radius: ~6-15
Color: Any pinkish color
---

Thanks! :D
Gidoza

Mod CE Drones Not Launching

Postby Gidoza » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:34 am

Hi there!

So a question - when playing with Captain's Edition with my mod the 26 Flagships Set (located here https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 11&t=32545 ), the third variant of the Flagship does not seem to launch its Drones for some reason. I was taught how to remove the tag in Captain's Edition that prevents the Drones from launching, and the thing is that this used to work (the Drones would launch normally), but now for some reason it is no longer doing so, and I can't figure out what the problem is or what I did to it to cause the problem. Would anyone happen to know what I'm missing in the coding? :/ Thanks!

Here is an example of the code I'm using, if this helps - it should delete the Drones limitation for part 3 of the Boss.

<mod:findName type="eventList" name="BOSS_3_LIST">
<mod:findLike>
<mod:findLike type="status">
<mod:selector type="limit" target="enemy" system="drones"/>
<mod:removeTag/>
</mod:findLike>
</mod:findName>

There is also the following which changes the text and makes sure Oxygen is set to 0 whether one is playing Captain's Edition or not (this works just fine).

<mod:findName type="event" name="BOSS_TEXT_3">
<mod:findLike type="status">
<mod:selector target="enemy" system="oxygen"/>
<mod:removeTag/>
<mod:findLike type="text">
<mod:setValue>You're not certain how the Flagship is able to keep fighting with the amount of damage it has sustained. It looks like its life support is failing rapidly, but it has managed to transfer power to backup systems, and...the AI core?!? Is the crew abandoning ship already? There is also...some kind of super weapon. Get ready...this is it!</mod:setValue>
<mod-append:status type="limit" target="enemy" system="oxygen" amount="0"/>
</mod:findName>

EDIT: Well, I managed to fix the problem - the problem with that is that I don't know why it worked. I simply moved the relevant text from one mod of the set to another file, and magically it works now. Hummm. ^_^
reinvert

Convert .ttf file to .font file

Postby reinvert » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi. I'm converting korean mod of FTL, and it's almost done.
but I can't convert .ttf file to .font file that display korean fonts.
Is there any tools to convert to .font file?
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Nope. Also we are waiting for the support of Russian fonts. :(
Image Image Image
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:44 pm

reinvert wrote:Hi. I'm converting korean mod of FTL, and it's almost done.
but I can't convert .ttf file to .font file that display korean fonts.
Is there any tools to convert to .font file?

bamalf wrote:Nope. Also we are waiting for the support of Russian fonts. :(

From the FTL changelog...
1.6.4:
- Fixed font rendering issues for ttf files (only [affects] mods)

1.6.3:
- Fonts update: Modders should now be able to use *.ttf fonts without any troubles
- - Update: This is apparently still not 100%. We’re working on it.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:12 am

Vhati wrote:From the FTL changelog...
1.6.4:
- Fixed font rendering issues for ttf files (only [affects] mods)

1.6.3:
- Fonts update: Modders should now be able to use *.ttf fonts without any troubles
- - Update: This is apparently still not 100%. We’re working on it.

I think the only ttf file that seems to work is JustinFont8.ttf. None of the other fonts show up.
spicybanger

Postby spicybanger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi, I'm new to this and have just been messing around with Superluminal to customize my own ships so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I was wondering is there a way to make weapons permanently fixed to your ship, so that you can't sell it or replace it with another weapon? Thanks
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 pm

spicybanger wrote:Hi, I'm new to this and have just been messing around with Superluminal to customize my own ships so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I was wondering is there a way to make weapons permanently fixed to your ship, so that you can't sell it or replace it with another weapon? Thanks

No, you cannot.

However, you can fiddle with custom weapons to make it so that the sell price is -9999, however that is an entirely new debacle which assumes you know how to make custom weapons.
spicybanger

Postby spicybanger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Arfy wrote:
spicybanger wrote:Hi, I'm new to this and have just been messing around with Superluminal to customize my own ships so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I was wondering is there a way to make weapons permanently fixed to your ship, so that you can't sell it or replace it with another weapon? Thanks

No, you cannot.

However, you can fiddle with custom weapons to make it so that the sell price is -9999, however that is an entirely new debacle which assumes you know how to make custom weapons.

Damn, ok thanks
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 pm

You can make it into an artillery system (see the vanilla fed cruisers). But there's a whole slew of minor differences compared to standard weapons, such as more power reducing cooldown, inability to aim, being damaged and repaired separately from the weapons system, taking a whole extra system slot, not being able to have multiple artillery weapons on a ship at once without issues, lack of crew manning bonus (although the weapon firing still gives your gunner xp, and auto reloader augment still works), etc.