The first sector is always a Civilian Sector, right? What if i were to change the Civilian Sector to something else, then? What if i want to start the game in the Crystal Sector?
Here is what I tried to do to accomplish this:
- Rename CIVILIAN_SECTOR to ORIGINAL_C_SECTOR
- Rename CRYSTAL_HOME to CIVILIAN SECTOR
- Append ORIGINAL_C_SECTOR to the CIVILIAN sectorType list.
This is the code that does it, in that order.
Code: Select all
<mod:findName type="sectorDescription" name="CIVILIAN_SECTOR">
<mod:findName type="sectorDescription" name="CRYSTAL_HOME">
<mod:findName type="sectorType" name="CIVILIAN">
So i'm all like "fuck yeah let's do this" but... guess what? It didn't work.
I use SMM's XML sandbox to double check my code, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. It's just as if the game doesn't give the littlest crap of my changes. More things i tried:
- overwriting CIVILIAN_SECTOR with a copy of the crystal's. No dice.
- move CIVILIAN_SECTOR after ENGI_SECTOR, to check if the game considers the first sector after FINAL as the starting sector. Nada.
- to change the string "Civilian Sector" in the CIVILIAN_SECTOR's sectorDescription. I did this to check if i could modify anything about the first sector, but the string didn't change in-game.
- Added CRYSTAL_HOME to the top of the CIVILIAN sectorType list.
Nothing works! Just how hardcoded is the first sector???
PS: i've also tried messing around with the unique= attribute. Both settings fail.