Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! Updated Dec 12th!

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am

TaxiService wrote:Is it true that if a ship replaces the federation cruiser the cloaking system will not appear in the shops?

The cloaking system will never show up in shops for the Federation cruiser. A ship in that slot has to start with the cloak if it is going to use it.

I think you need to split your two ships up, despite their similar design. The Moke can't be in the Federation cruiser slot if you want to buy cloak, and the Firestarter needs to be in the Federation slot to prevent a useless cloak from showing up in the shop.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 am

/me bites his fist

I curse the day i decided to make a B layout for that doggone ship.
Thanks for the quick response, i'll just do that!
ImageImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Edit the Cloaking system. If you set it's rarity to 0, it will not be available in stores for any ship.

Copy/paste the Cloak bluprint and change rarity only. All will be well. Coincidentally, you can do this for any system or weapon that has the rarity tag.

Only possible downside is that if people mix your mod with other mods, the effect could cause other ships to play badly because of a system that is no longer available. But for single ship mods there should be no problem.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
ZahaianGhost

Postby ZahaianGhost » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:49 am

Heyo,

Getting back to messing with this stuff, and wondering: do standard space and civilian sector overlap in some way? I'm trying to test out my events to ensure they're working properly and noticed on a few beacons that, despite commenting out the original standard space events, I still had some other ones pop up. I kind of expected as much might happen to an extent, since I'm only appending my events to the existing files, but I was still a little surprised.

Is my understanding here sorta on target?
iluvDNA

Postby iluvDNA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

Hello, people! Just like lots of people replying here, I'm trying to get a mod of my own to work. What I did was modify the events; adding in a new event and modifying some older ones. But now it crashes upon startup (Good thing I backed it up!) and I can't seem to fix it. Is there a common syntax error I could have made?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 pm

@iluvDNA
Well, it's hard to guess what's wrong without knowing what you did :) There's a whole lot of stuff that can go wrong with events.
It might be a good idea to post it here so we can check it, or, if you're feeling adventurous, you could try the error-checking utility that I wrote.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
iluvDNA

Postby iluvDNA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 pm

I checked with your error detector, but it says everything is fine. But it still crashes, saying "C++ runtime error
This application forced itself to shut down in a strange way" or something like that.
Llurr

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread. Updated Oct 31st, 201

Postby Llurr » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:00 pm

dalolorn wrote:Does anybody know if negative shield piercing allows shields to negate damage by certain weapons?

Example:

Basic Laser can deal 1 damage. However, it has 0 shield piercing.

Damaged Basic Laser also deals 1 damage, but it has -1 shield piercing.

Will both lasers damage shields, or will Damaged Basic Laser be useless against shielded ships?

i made an extremely lazy mod which gave the first laser weapon a sp value of 1 and gave it to the first ship. i tested it quickly but it did damage the shield, as it would do normally. it was a small test so i might have missed something but it seems that negative shield piercing does not do anything different to 0 shield piercing.
dalolorn

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread. Updated Oct 31st, 201

Postby dalolorn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Llurr wrote:
dalolorn wrote:Does anybody know if negative shield piercing allows shields to negate damage by certain weapons?

Example:

Basic Laser can deal 1 damage. However, it has 0 shield piercing.

Damaged Basic Laser also deals 1 damage, but it has -1 shield piercing.

Will both lasers damage shields, or will Damaged Basic Laser be useless against shielded ships?

i made an extremely lazy mod which gave the first laser weapon a sp value of 1 and gave it to the first ship. i tested it quickly but it did damage the shield, as it would do normally. it was a small test so i might have missed something but it seems that negative shield piercing does not do anything different to 0 shield piercing.

I think I posted the results of my test earlier. They did match yours, though.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 am

A quick question.

I have had made a mod ship but I forgot the glow to 1 room (cloaking), is there a quick way to put a cloaking for that room or can it only be done by superluminal?

Do I only need to add the image with the proper name in or do I need to edit some file? (I finally got everything to work well, do not feel like starting over)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.