I just had an interesting idea...

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Pershonkey

Re: I just had an interesting idea...

Postby Pershonkey » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:36 am

This. Sounds. Great. I would love to see something like this in FTL, even if it would be so player dependent. I know this wouldn't really be possible, but it would be cool if you could modify the beacon spawning so that they would appear in a "chain," each beacon attacked only to the one before it and the one after it. Each beacon would be a chapter, with a large event with possibly multiple ship encounters/endings or having you wait multiple times to have the story event happen, and at the end of each one you would get 1 piece of fuel to go to the next. Player cooperation would be required to make sure they don't use the fuel to go backwards for some reason and to make sure they jump when they're supposed to, but you wouldn't have to manage augs. Even better, have 1 beacon per sector (or 1 beacon separated from the rest) that is both the starting beacon and the exit beacon, meaning that each sector is a chapter, using the same fuel-at-the-end mechanic to switch between them.
Also...

Sleeper Service wrote:Oh and yes, fuel prices can be changed. Fuel, missiles and drone parts have a blueprint and a price tag just like everything else. 999 scrap for fuel? Well yeah, the Rebels invaded all the fuel producing regions. Galaxy wide fuel crisis and stuff... :roll:

999 for fuel? If you don't want people to get fuel, make it over 100k. In "infinite" version of the game, people can end up getting loads of scrap. (Of course, I didn't have to say this, I just wanted to slip in that I've gotten many thousands of scrap in Infinite FTL... ;) )
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:54 am

How about giving level1 engines and level1 pilot, only 1 fuel.
Then define all types of events to jam your engines and take away 999 fuel.

I do not know if it is possible, but there are events that block your systems, like sensors and engines or shields e.t.c ... Can it be defined to block for *negative* amount of power? This way the starting event would give you a one-time use of engines.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 am

Btw: I just had an idea how to fix the enemy leveling without augements:

Instead you make that ship jumping again, make a loop of secret sectors like in IS and make the only event a event that gives you fuel for more jumping (or stores or something)

Then everytime you defeat a boss, you are given a quest marker to the next one. If your fuelevent is called NOTHING. the quest will replace it. Which means you dont have to jump really far through the sector since all events are called that way.

If someone wants to make that mod he can, Im way to lazy.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:30 pm

dalolorn wrote:What would happen if you were to build a ship without engines or without piloting systems?

I think it's quite obvious where I'm taking this, so I won't bother with explaining the idea. :D

Edit: Player ship. Forgot to make that distinction.

I was planning to make a survival mode by setting the starting ship fuel to zero and making no events give you fuel, it was to far out to do. Stupid Hardcoding
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
dalolorn wrote:I am uncertain as to whether it is possible to change fuel prices. Furthermore, you cannot despawn a store or change the goods it's selling once it has been created.

I'm not sure but I think waiting actually resets the event at the beacon and gives you a new one, this should despawn the store as well.

It does, but I couldn't find a way to use this to my advantage.