Death Sounds

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NewAgeOfPower

Death Sounds

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Is it possible to implement new (player) ship destruct audio?
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
kartoFlane

Re: Death Sounds

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 am

Don't think so, I'm pretty sure the game is hardcoded to use the four <explosion#> tags in sounds.xml. So you can change the sounds, but not add new...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:19 pm

I see. How would you go about implementing this change through the current modding system? Or I'd just have to go ahead and replace files?
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Either replace the files, or change the files linked by the <explosion#> tags. Either way works.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 pm

NewAgeOfPower wrote:I see. How would you go about implementing this change through the current modding system? Or I'd just have to go ahead and replace files?

Its not possible. Destruction sounds are not modable. Only the sounds related to weapons are, sadly.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 pm

speedoflight wrote:
NewAgeOfPower wrote:I see. How would you go about implementing this change through the current modding system? Or I'd just have to go ahead and replace files?

Its not possible. Destruction sounds are not modable. Only the sounds related to weapons are, sadly.

Incorrect. It is possible, but it'd be a pain in the ass to do.

Basically what would be required is to replace the files for the destruction sounds, then rework weapons to use different sounds, cutting them off from recycling the ship destruction.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Kieve wrote:
speedoflight wrote:

Incorrect. It is possible, but it'd be a pain in the ass to do.

Basically what would be required is to replace the files for the destruction sounds, then rework weapons to use different sounds, cutting them off from recycling the ship destruction.

Well , with "modable" i was talking about including custom destruction sounds, like you do with the hit, miss, explosion sounds on the blueprint file, not replacing all of em for every ship in the game.. of course, i never tried, but eventually all the sounds in the game are "modable", u can just physically replace everysound u want to change for a new one... :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage