KoolTheKid

Re: [MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Postby KoolTheKid » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:08 am

R.I.P LordTrilobite
Abs

Postby Abs » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:20 pm

KoolTheKid wrote:R.I.P LordTrilobite

That's kind of a douche thing to say. People get busy, buddy.

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Abs wrote:

That's kind of a douche thing to say. People get busy, buddy.

Abs

It was a bit of a joke. :P

Just hasn't updated the mod in a long while.
R4V3-0N

Re: Ship Graphics

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Kieve wrote:
speedoflight wrote:...but i dont see the point on it...

The point is that instead of a flat gray border around the rooms, it provides a cutaway view of the ship, so instead of looking like the room layout is just pasted over the ship, they actually seem to fit within it. Personally I think it's brilliant and something FTL should've had from the beginning. Will definitely look into doing this with my Incursion vessels, when I get around to it.

LordTrilobite, please, continue with the rest of the ships :D And I second Sleeper's suggestion, they'd make a fine addition to the rest of CE (which for all intents and purposes has basically become an unofficial FTL Expansion Pack).

I had an idea earlier and stuff which I think could be paired with this mod quite easily...

Justin originally wanted pipes, wires, components, etc in the floor image to turn off / on / ioned and be visible like that when the corresponding room is like that. I was woundering if a simular effect can be doen by simply expanding the glow image to be larger then the room it is in and for it to add glow/ solid colours to certain wires and pipes that corresponds with the system.

I wanted test the effectiveness of this earlier but I got busy recently....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Damn it.
I thought this was LT finally posting the completed version of the mod...

Anyways, yeah, in the very early WIP screenshots of FTL ships had a TON of wires and complicated mechanisms inside, looked a little messy but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Lord Trilobite please. :(

EDIT#2: I don't want to speak too soon, but from what I've seen here and heard on Reddit, it appears Lord Trilobite took the high-road on this one and it's unlikely he will update the mod.

Sorry everyone. :(
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:35 am

KoolTheKid wrote:Damn it.
I thought this was LT finally posting the completed version of the mod...

Anyways, yeah, in the very early WIP screenshots of FTL ships had a TON of wires and complicated mechanisms inside, looked a little messy but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Lord Trilobite please. :(

EDIT#2: I don't want to speak too soon, but from what I've seen here and heard on Reddit, it appears Lord Trilobite took the high-road on this one and it's unlikely he will update the mod.

Sorry everyone. :(

What the fuck dude. Don't presume to speak for me or to know what's going on. I don't visit reddit so whatever is being said there. They have no way of knowing.
I have a life you know, and a load of other projects. I have simply been busy which means I haven't worked on the mod.

Anyway, I still haven't finished updating the rock and crystal cruisers. But I may just release the mod as is. I dunno yet.
Image - Image
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:06 pm

Never put words in your mouth, what I got from Reddit was that your unfinished mod was integrated into Captains Edition and Shiny! That you where probably going to leave it like that.

I actually cared about this mod and yes, I acknowledge I am the most annoying human being on the planet but thankfully you don't have to deal with me anymore because I lost all interest for this mod due to the extremely long periods of in-activity/updates since the last one.

Hell, I lost interest in FTL and it's community all together.

So yeah, that's that. Peace.
IrPOWERranger

Postby IrPOWERranger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Mate this isn't a thread for you to whine about the community once you've been called out for acting up. Just stop.

LordTrilobite, thanks for all your work thus far. This is one of my favourite mods. We all look forward to the update releases, and appreciate your effort and time.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Thanks! And actually, I already released the current version. The link is in my signature. Since I last posted progress, I have made some small changes to the Crystal A. I have not touched the Crystal B or Rock ships though. But since I have many other projects going on as well. I figured I'd just release it since I don't know if or when I would update it. So have fun with 1.0!
Image - Image
ZobmieRules

Postby ZobmieRules » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:50 am

LordTrilobite wrote:Thanks! And actually, I already released the current version. The link is in my signature.

Odd question, perhaps, but do you (or anyone else in this thread) still have an older copy of the mod file? As in Pre-AE? (Also leaving a passing remark of "Thank you very much for making this!" as I make my request.)