[Tutorial] New Guide on creating weapons

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [Tutorial] New Guide on creating weapons

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Someone needs to test it... for science!

Imagine an "Experimental Neural Stunner" of some sort that doesn't always work but when it does, it works hard. Might make for an interesting gimmick gun or ship strategy.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:39 am

stylesrj wrote:Someone needs to test it... for science!

Imagine an "Experimental Neural Stunner" of some sort that doesn't always work but when it does, it works hard. Might make for an interesting gimmick gun or ship strategy.

Well, given an extremely quick recharge rate, it could be worth a couple of testing sections! :roll:
I'd even try it, but so far I have been unable to make my weapon working... testing another one is currently an unwise decision! :lol:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:12 pm

I have added a memorandum on that stunning weapon, I'll build it one day: it's on my queue ;)
Meanwhile, I'd have two questions about weapons:
1) is there a way to grant a 100% hit chance when firing (without using hacking drones or destroying/disabling helm or engines)?
I have seen an HTML tag which should prevent enemy drones from aiming at your missiles/lasers, but you can still miss an uncloaked target.

2) is it possible to change a beam color? I am considering to make a blue beam weapon, but I don't know if it would work or not.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:02 am

Auron1 wrote:I have added a memorandum on that stunning weapon, I'll build it one day: it's on my queue ;)
Meanwhile, I'd have two questions about weapons:
1) is there a way to grant a 100% hit chance when firing (without using hacking drones or destroying/disabling helm or engines)?
I have seen an HTML tag which should prevent enemy drones from aiming at your missiles/lasers, but you can still miss an uncloaked target.

Beams hit 100% when fully charged. But other than that, no.
And if you're referring to the <drone_targetable> tag, that 's attached to non-missile weapons like a Flak Burst or a Swarm Missile so they can be hit by basic drones. I think the game by default makes all weapons with the "Missile" type targettable by Drones.

2) is it possible to change a beam color? I am considering to make a blue beam weapon, but I don't know if it would work or not.

Code: Select all

<color>
      <r>0</r>
      <g>0</g>
      <b>150</b>
   </color>

Find the RGB of the blue you want and hey presto, someone's your uncle!
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:32 am

yo does anyone do weapon try requests if so im wondering if someone could make an ion pike artillery
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Right now, I think beams and ions don't mix very well. The ion effect is too strong when mounted on a beam since they hit twice in most cases and never miss so a beam that does 2 ion damage per hit is rather dangerous.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:24 pm

oh... i was thinking a pretty much sheild shredder that takes a long time to fire but is worth it or something to that effect

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:40 pm

We already have those. It's called the Ion III in Captain's Edition. It damages shields by 1 bar and does 3 points of ion damage.

The vanilla version is the Ion Bomb. Takes forever to fire and uses a missile but it takes out up to 2 layers of shield.
Both are weapons that can miss, because they are that powerful. Beams can be delayed but not dodged.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:51 pm

ce on my cpu is broken :(

Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:59 pm

kestrelfan wrote:ce on my cpu is broken :(

You may want to provide further details in the dedicated topic. :)