Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:57 am

PointMeAtTheDawn wrote:I'm attempting to change the default names of generated characters in the game.

*link removed* is my modfile.

I'm not seeing any change - the default names are still being generated. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

You just zipped your .xml file. You need to put your .xml file into a folder called "data" and zip the data folder.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
PointMeAtTheDawn

Postby PointMeAtTheDawn » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am

Thank you :).
Aaaaa

Postby Aaaaa » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 pm

I'm getting this error when I try to load Multiverse with hyperspace or without

Patching failed: java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1

help
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Make sure you've downgraded FTL properly, hyperspace doesn't work on anything other than FTL 1.6.9, so you'll need to use the downgrader file provided.
Augustus Strix

Postby Augustus Strix » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to install the Multiverse mod, however I can't install Hyperspace 5.3 using the latest version of Slipstream Mod Manager (1.9.1).
I have downgraded the FTL version to 1.6.9 as recommanded on Hyperspace's homepage, but when I try to validate the mod with Slipstream I get the following error :

~ This mod doesn't append. It clobbers.
FTL itself can tolerate lots of XML typos and still run. But malformed XML may break tools that do proper parsing, and it hinders the development of new tools.
Slipstream will try to parse XML while patching: first strictly, then failing over to a sloppy parser. The sloppy parser will tolerate similar errors, at the risk of unforseen behavior, so satisfying the strict parser is advised.

Here are some other details about the matter :
- Installation of Hyperspace 5.2 using the same process work perfectly fine.
- I start the game through Slipstream to avoid Steam updates (Steam option : only update game when I launch it).
- I'm under Windows 10.

Could someone please provide some help ? Also, I have hesitated between posting here or in Hyperspace page, I hope it's okay.

Augustus
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:31 pm

For what I've read around v 5.3 has been packaged by mistake as a .rar file instead of a .zip file before renaming it as a .ftl file. Extract the content in a folder and then put said content in a .zip file.
Augustus Strix

Postby Augustus Strix » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 am

Thank you for your return,

I did what you suggested, by extracting the content of Hyperspace.ftl and archiving it in a .zip file using 7-zip with standard parameters, then changing the .zip extension by .ftl, and the error changed to :

Code: Select all

> fonts.png
~ Extraneous top-level file.
FTL itself can tolerate lots of XML typos and still run. But malformed XML may break tools that do proper parsing, and it hinders the development of new tools.
Slipstream will try to parse XML while patching: first strictly, then failing over to a sloppy parser. The sloppy parser will tolerate similar errors, at the risk of unforseen behavior, so satisfying the strict parser is advised.

Also, if I try to launch the game, I get the following warning message :

Code: Select all

Wrong version of Hyperspace detected. Please check that Hyperspace is installed correctly and you are using the correct version of Hyperspace for all of your mods. You can continue, but mods may function incorrectly.

Whereas Hyperspace is the only mod installed. So, I tried to delete the file fonts.png, and now the validation of the mod by Slipstream return "No problems", but I still get the message above, regarding the wrong version of Hyperspace. Plus, I don't know what is the impact of deleting this file...

Again, thank you for your help,

Augustus
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:20 pm

If you're using Multiverse, there is no need to use hyperspace.ftl with it. Just install hyperspace's dll files and downgrade FTL, then patch Multiverse through slipstream. Using hyperspace.ftl can even cause errors, such as the wrong version error, if patched anyways.
Augustus Strix

Postby Augustus Strix » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi TheMultiverseTeam,

Indeed, there was no need to use hyperspace.ftl, my understanding of the installation of Multiverse was incorrect, and I feel a little bit ashamed of it, as it is clearly stated in the main page of Multiverse...
I have been able to start the game and do some exploration properly, and I must say that I am impressed by the quality of this overhaul, it is truly amazing !

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you so much for the help you provided, as much as for your great work,

Augustus
LadyDeath1138

Postby LadyDeath1138 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:38 am

Hey! New to FTL modding and I am having a little trouble with slipstream. I've followed the instructions and placed the Slipstream file in the directory with the game files. However, it still tells me to manually find data.dat. When I try to do so, I can't find it, despite it being in the main FTL folder. Can anyone help me out?