Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
axisforwood
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby axisforwood » Sun May 20, 2018 6:49 pm

The latest version of slipstream is V1.9.1, not 1.8.
If that wasn't a typo you should consider downloading the latest version.

Yeah, it was a typo. I've fixed it now. Thanks
axisforwood
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby axisforwood » Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm

I fixed it!
I took all the files from Slipstream out of their folder and mixed them in with the normal FTL files. The Slipstream guide on the mod homepage on the Subset Games website is misleading.
I hope this helps.
Vhati
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Vhati » Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 am

axisforwood wrote:I fixed it!
I took all the files from Slipstream out of their folder and mixed them in with the normal FTL files.

Bizarre. But congratulations???

Slipstream ought to work from *any* location, and I don't see how FTL's folder would be special.

Another reason Slipstream can fail to find its own location: Merely double-clicking an exe inside the archive without extracting everything to a real folder first. But you said you "copied the folder inside the unzipped one to my FTL game folder". So that wasn't your issue. I'm puzzled. :roll:
ytphantomofficial
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby ytphantomofficial » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:28 pm

When I try to patch, and then verify, I get this:
@ FTL Captains Edition 1.308.ftl:
-------------------------------

> data/.dropbox
! Junk file

> data/anaerobic_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/anaerobic_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/autoBlueprints.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <!-- No other dashes should touch. -->
! <pilot..."max="3"...>

> data/blueprints.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <!-- No other dashes should touch. -->

> data/ce_boss_3_fleet.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/circle_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/circle_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/circle_cruiser_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/crystal_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/crystal_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/energy_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/energy_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/energy_cruiser_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/events.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_boss.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_crystal.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_engi.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_fuel.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_imageList.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_mantis.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_nebula.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_pirate.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_rebel.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_rock.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_ships.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_slug.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_zoltan.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/fed_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/fed_cruiser_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/jelly_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/jelly_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/jelly_cruiser_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/kestral.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/kestral_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/kestral_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/mantis_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/mantis_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/mantis_cruiser_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/newEvents.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/rock_cruiser.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/rock_cruiser_2.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/rock_cruiser_3.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/sector_data.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/sounds.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/tb_anaerobic_assault.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/tb_anaerobic_bomber.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/tb_anaerobic_broodship.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/tb_anaerobic_instiator.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/tb_anaerobic_interceptor.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/tb_anaerobic_scout.xml

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <gib1>...</gib2>

> data/tooltips.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

@ CE Infinite Addon 1.301b.ftl:
-----------------------------

> data/autoBlueprints.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <mind..."room="8"...>

> data/blueprints.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <!-- No other dashes should touch. -->

> data/events.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_boss.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_crystal.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_engi.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_mantis.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_nebula.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_pirate.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_rebel.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_rock.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_slug.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/events_zoltan.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

> data/sector_data.xml.append
~ LF line endings (CR-LF is safest)

@ CE Resource Pack 1.308.ftl:
---------------------------

> fonts/JustinFont8.font
~ The *.font files introduced with FTL 1.6.1 won't work in FTL 1.01-1.5.13, which used TTF fonts.

> img/stars/bg_nebula_asteroids_1.png
~ Type: RGB w/8bit channels (Usually RGB+Alpha w/8bit channels)

> img/stars/bg_nebula_asteroids_2.png
~ Type: RGB w/8bit channels (Usually RGB+Alpha w/8bit channels)

~ This mod doesn't append. It clobbers.


FTL itself can tolerate lots of XML typos and still run. But malformed XML may break tools that do proper parsing, and it hinders the development of new tools.

Slipstream will try to parse XML while patching: first strictly, then failing over to a sloppy parser. The sloppy parser will tolerate similar errors, at the risk of unforseen behavior, so satisfying the strict parser is advised.

and when I run the game, it's just vanilla FTL.
Vhati
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Vhati » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 pm

ytphantomofficial wrote:When I try to patch, and then verify, I get this:

The Validate button is diagnostic info for mod developers. Those messages are non-fatal pedantic warnings.

ytphantomofficial wrote:when I run the game, it's just vanilla FTL.

Select mods. Click the "patch" button. Run FTL. You should see a difference in-game.

If there are errors during patching, messages should appear in the GUI.
Check Slipstream's logs immediately afterward to be sure?

If you have multiple FTL installations, the log will mention which location is getting patched.
You can also check via the menu "File-Preferences..." for ftl_dats_path.

Clicking "patch" with no mods selected will restore a vanilla backup. The next time FTL runs, there will be no mods.
ytphantomofficial
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby ytphantomofficial » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 am

Vhati wrote:
ytphantomofficial wrote:When I try to patch, and then verify, I get this:

The Validate button is diagnostic info for mod developers. Those messages are non-fatal pedantic warnings.

ytphantomofficial wrote:when I run the game, it's just vanilla FTL.

Select mods. Click the "patch" button. Run FTL. You should see a difference in-game.

If there are errors during patching, messages should appear in the GUI.
Check Slipstream's logs immediately afterward to be sure?

If you have multiple FTL installations, the log will mention which location is getting patched.
You can also check via the menu "File-Preferences..." for ftl_dats_path.

Clicking "patch" with no mods selected will restore a vanilla backup. The next time FTL runs, there will be no mods.

I use the "Patch" button, yet nothing changes. All mods are checked. I also have only one FTL install.
Vhati
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Vhati » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

ytphantomofficial wrote:I use the "Patch" button, yet nothing changes. All mods are checked.

Attempt to patch, with mods selected.
Then open "modman-log.txt" and copy-paste its contents into a reply here between [ code ] [ /code ] tags.
.
.
* No spaces around "code". The tags, when typed without spaces, will embed any text between them inside a scrollable text area.
Kotli
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Kotli » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:20 pm

The program wont work for me says cant find data.data and according to what I can find this file no longer exists. Oh NM turns out its FTL.data but the text on the find the file box not been updated.
austinape9
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby austinape9 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 pm

im having trouble getting SMM to recognize mods, i believe its because they are in text document instead of FTL, but how do i convert them? ive read somewhere that you just rename and change the end to .FTL, but that doesnt seem to be working. can one of yall give me a hand?
Vhati
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Vhati » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:00 pm

austinape9 wrote:getting SMM to recognize mods, i believe its because they are in text document

I don't understand. Text document?
Where are you getting mods from, and how are you downloading them?

Can you provide an example mod with the exact steps needed to cause the problem?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests