Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Nemo Jr.

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Nemo Jr. » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:01 pm

Nemo Jr. wrote:Hello! Technical question about advanced tags (...)

In case anyone's wondering, I ended up doing it the hard way; sort of a mix between brute force and micromanagement. It's not ideal, but it's tidy. You can see the results in two mods I'll publish soon.
DRKblade1983

Postby DRKblade1983 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:51 pm

I have installed the Slipstream MOD Manager into the FTL Directory , I can run modman without any issue up to the point of needing to manually locate the Data.Dat file, which i am unable to find
Nemo Jr.

Postby Nemo Jr. » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Edit:
Turns out I was trying to patch an already patched file (I thought XML Sandbox always used a "fresh copy" as the reference file - nope).
You can disregard the rest of this post. I'm leaving it up in case someone else does the same silly mistake and comes a-looking.
(Why is there no spoiler tag on this forum grr)

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="droneBlueprint" name="DEFENSE_2" panic="true">
   <mod:findLike type="target" panic="true">
   <mod:selector>LASERS</mod:selector>
      <mod:removeTag/>
   </mod:findLike>
   <mod-overwrite:cooldown>750</mod-overwrite:cooldown>
   <mod-overwrite:speed>10</mod-overwrite:speed>
</mod:findName>

When I plug the above code into the XML Sandbox (with or without mod:selector) I get this error:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: <findLike> was set to require results but found none (/wrapper/findName(DEFENSE_2)/findLike).
Does the panic argument only work for top-level searches?

Also, when I remove the panic arg, the code executes, but <mod:selector> doesn't seem to do anything... It removes the <target> tag regardless of what I put inside the tag (where it says LASERS). Am I using it incorrectly in this case? Or is it because there is only one <target> tag so the selector is ignored?