Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
AbbaJesus

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.6 (2014-10-25)

Postby AbbaJesus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:29 pm

meklozz wrote:The main CE errors are normal, they shouldn't break anything.

Can you look into the log file (modman-log in the same directory as the file to launch the manager) and copy it here or somewhere? And is the game still refusing to run, or is it just the validate? I don't actually have the most recent CE resource pack at hand, so I'm not sure what could be wrong there. You could just try redownloading for starters if it's having a real problem.

http://pastebin.com/m3GBJ2C6

I havent tried to start the game. Just validating and not running

EDIT: Just tried to patch it and got this error Patching failed: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:43 pm

AbbaJesus wrote:

Can you look into the log file (modman-log in the same directory as the file to launch the manager) and copy it here or somewhere? And is the game still refusing to run, or is it just the validate? I don't actually have the most recent CE resource pack at hand, so I'm not sure what could be wrong there. You could just try redownloading for starters if it's having a real problem.

EDIT: Just tried to patch it and got this error Patching failed: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Unexpected end of file is usually corrupted file, redownload the resource pack.
AbbaJesus

Postby AbbaJesus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 pm

meklozz wrote:
AbbaJesus wrote:

Unexpected end of file is usually corrupted file, redownload the resource pack.

It works now. Thank you very much :D
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Gidoza wrote:Got a weird bug of sorts here. So I've been playing Captain's Edition ... fine. Then I try to return everything to Vanilla, so I follow the instructions and check no items at all, hit "Patch," and wait...and when I start things up, most things of Captain's Edition aren't loaded, but some are, anyways. I've even gone so far as to remove them from the mods folder or delete them entirely, but CE wants to hang on for dear life and refuses to give back Vanilla no matter what I do. What the heck is going on? :o

it seems that uninstall the game is the only way to effectively remove the bug.
However, if you downloaded the game via Steam, you could just delete resource.dat and data.dat, then "verify" your installation: Steam will download the basic version of those files.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Keep in mind you'll need to update SMM's backups after you've reinstalled FTL. Just copy & paste the original data.dat and resource.dat into SMM/backup
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
thecakeisnotapie

Postby thecakeisnotapie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:28 am

I tried searching if other people had this problem, and I didn't see answer so if I missed it then my bad.

But anyways whenever I try to launch the mod manager, even with admin it just closes immediately.

Any help?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:25 pm

See this post. The batch script linked therein will stop the console from closing immediately, allowing you to see the error message.
thecakeisnotapie

Postby thecakeisnotapie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Got it working, thanks
iantlopp

Postby iantlopp » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:39 am

I've been tying to get SMM to run on my Linux machine for the past couple of days with no success. I've searched the forums for my specific issue, also without success. So I hope I'm not posting something that HAS been solvedand I'm just blind. That being said:
I've downloaded the latest version of SMM for Mac/Linux, and tried running modman.command. Doubleclicking it opens it up in a text editor. I have to open a terminal, go into that directory and "sudo ./modman.command" to get it to run. Once that happens, it pauses for a few seconds, then gives me a full screen error, describing a lot, and explaining very little.

The error is in the screenshot:

And the log file for the error is at this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B91BmuDDAogfUHJYbWlOLUZxdjA
or
http://pastebin.com/ZweqyapZ

I thought maybe it was the version of Java Runtime Environment I'm running, but it looks like I have 9.0 which *should* be the latest, right?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 pm

This is a crash of the entire Java virtual machine -- it's not something an application like SMM can do (without deliberately trying to do this)

I thought maybe it was the version of Java Runtime Environment I'm running, but it looks like I have 9.0 which *should* be the latest, right?

That's almost certainly the problem.
As far as I'm aware, Java 9 hasn't been released yet. What you're using is a preview version, intended for developers of software, not end users. This version likely isn't very stable (as you're experiencing).
Or, it could be a faulty install. Either way, uninstalling version 9 and installing version 8 instead will most likely fix this.