FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Knightmarez

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby Knightmarez » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 am

More references to the Vindicator Artillery beam weapon, and blue options.

E.g. the 'malfunctioning defense satellite....lets just beam it from affar.

You see a guy in the nebular at long range

- shoot it with vindicator artilery...
Chance you hit their engines, they take engine subsystem 'jamming' as a result.
Chance you miss in the nebula

Chance you CAUSE an ion storm with the beam (lol!) and both you and the target are now in a storm.
....also....
Attempt to Cause an ion storm, break artillery this fight! (jammed)

Pirate/slug station attacks you, blue option to 'aggressively negotiate'.
They back down, offer some scrap, but you can choose to attack anyway.
=========================
Use vindicator beam to carefully cut out pirates from asteroid.....it doesn't work, they explode from a safe distance

==============

Fuel station, buy Huge amount of fuel, but it rebel fleet advances.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:19 am

=====Slug Nebular ideas=========

Real 'psyhics' (as in real-world-con-artists) use the techniques of 'cold reading' and 'hot reading'. We could make a series of slug-encounters where the slug coms aboard the ship (say yes or no) and gives 'readings'.

The events could be used to take the piss and be a humorous insight into not only the lore of the slugs, but the BS artists in the real world.

for example..
....the slug strokes the spherical creatures carapase, rolls its eyes back and and hums....

'''you....are on a sssspecshial missssion yessssss?....for the federatsssssssionn?''

bascially take the piss out of this

http://www.wikihow.com/Cold-Read
RedAbsol0

Postby RedAbsol0 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 am

Event idea:

A medium sized rebel ship hurtles towards you. Without thinking you man your weapons and prepare to fight!
(Battle with a rebel fighter or elite fighter depending on sector)

(At 75% of it's hull health)
The ship attempts to hail you, however you know this could be a trick.
1. Hail the ship
2. Ignore it and continue fighting

1a. You attempt to contact it. "I'm glad you finally accept our hails, just because we're Rebels on my ship doesn't mean we're going to instantly destroy you. We need a bit of help you see. Some of our AI ships have been malfunctioning, can you fix them out?"
1. Agree
2. Decline

1a. (Adds three quest markers to the map)
(First marker you go to) As you go to the beacon you see a small AI ship. Before you can destroy it from afar it spots you and attacks! (Fight an AI scout)
(After beating AI scout) The ship tears apart in a violent explosion.
(Reward: Normal AI scout drops)
The rebel ship teleports next to your ship. "Thank you," it says "now we need to find the other two." (Reward: Med scrap, 2 drone parts)

(Second marker you go to) As you go to the beacon you see a small AI ship. You fire a shot at it's hull but it notices you and fires it's own shot. (-10 from your hull)
The ship then flies up to you and attacks! (Fight an AI scout)
(After beating AI scout) The ship bursts into flames violently, and falls onto a nearby asteroid. You recover it's parts and mine the asteroid while you're at it. (Reward: Normal AI scout drops, meteorite drops)
The rebel ship once again teleports near your ship. "We have one left, this one's a bit more powerful however." (Reward: Med scrap, two drone parts, one fuel)

(Third marker you arrive at) (Inside a nebula with a plasma storm) You fly into the nebula without much doubt, but a plasma storm kicks up. A large AI ship flies to you, apparently unaffected by the storm. "DESTROY FEDERATION, DESTROY FEDERATION, DESTROY FEDERATION, DESTROY... REBALS. DESTROY ALL." Then, the ship suddenly attacks you! (Fight AI assault)
(After beating it) The ship's power systems turn off, and the lights stop glowing. The ship just floats there, until it disappears into the nebula. After a long rest, you hear a large explosion, and debris flies towards you. (Reward: High scrap, random weapon or drone schematic, normal AI assault drops)
a. As it did the other times the rebel ship teleports to you. "Thank you for doing this. Take these." (Reward: Very high scrap, med fuel, med missiles, med drone parts)
b. Once more the ship teleports to you. "I'm glad you would do this for even me, a rebel. Take this." (Reward: Rare weapon or rare drone schematic)
c. The ship teleports to you, and to your surprise connects with your ship. "I've decided something. I would like to join your crew. Being a Rebel isn't the best course of action, I see it now. Destroy our flagship, and then we can work on joining the galaxy together with peace, not war." (Reward: Human crew member, Gun preheater augment.)
(If a or b) The ship ftls away, and you wonder where it could be going.
(If c) You scrap the ship, with the help of your new ally. (Reward: Non fleet rebel fighter / elite fighter reward)

1b. You try to contact the ship. "I'm very sorry to do this, but I need to fight you. I do regret this, I promise". (Continue fight but with different 25% hull reward)

2a. "No wait, ple..." Is all you hear as you turn off the com channel. (Continue fight)

(At 25% of the ship's health) (If 1b happened) Please, don't kill me. I was just trying to do my job!
1. Accept
2. Decline

1a. Thank you so much! (Reward: Low scrap, low fuel, low drone parts)

2a. " I thought you'd understand..." (Continue fight)

(If 2 happened) Spare me, please.
1. Accept
2. Decline

1a. "Thank you..." The ship says as it jumps away (Reward: Low scrap)
2a. "Now I understand why the rebellion happened!" (Continue fight)

(After defeating ship) The ship blows up In a beautiful fireball. You feel sorry for the young rebel who captained the ship, bit you try to ignore the feeling. War is war. (Normal non-fleet rebel fight or elite fighter drops)
Last edited by RedAbsol0 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am RedAbsol0, of Pokemon Hacking "fame".
Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/redabsol0
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:27 am

The Rebels are extremely homocentric. You will not see a non-human performing any action on a Rebel ship - except maybe as slaves used for entertainment and labor nobody would want to perform.

Edit: Oh, and it's a weapon pre-igniter, not a gun pre-heater. ;)
Last edited by dalolorn on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedAbsol0

Postby RedAbsol0 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 am

dalolorn wrote:The Rebels are extremely homocentric. You will not see a non-human performing any action on a Rebel ship - except maybe as slaves used for entertainment and labor nobody would want to perform.

Fair point. I'll edit my post and remove the stuff about other races :P
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:51 pm

I like the idea of a rebel ship being full of federation spys, and then sending you off to kill auto-ships in a sector, however it wouldn't begin fighting.

Perhaps make it an event where sometimes they are lying about being spys, ...50% chance for the them to get a few shots off whilst you are talking.

BUT if you have long range coms/long range scanners/federation contraband/ you get the codes to confirm they arn't spys so you get 100% chance for the the quest chain to happen.

They also give you some fuel and scrap in advance (only a little) if you do the quest....

BUT make the 3rd auto scout an auto-terminator, something Nasty that could straight up end your ship.
RedAbsol0

Postby RedAbsol0 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Knightmarez wrote:I like the idea of a rebel ship being full of federation spys, and then sending you off to kill auto-ships in a sector, however it wouldn't begin fighting.

Perhaps make it an event where sometimes they are lying about being spys, ...50% chance for the them to get a few shots off whilst you are talking.

BUT if you have long range coms/long range scanners/federation contraband/ you get the codes to confirm they arn't spys so you get 100% chance for the the quest chain to happen.

They also give you some fuel and scrap in advance (only a little) if you do the quest....

BUT make the 3rd auto scout an auto-terminator, something Nasty that could straight up end your ship.

Yeah, this was all kind of based off of something I wanted to make myself :P
In the mod I'm making there's a working ship called the Auto Destroyer. If it has all systems and, even worse, has them on full power you're essentially dead. It has great drones, good weapons, etc.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:25 am

quest based bosses are great because you know there is going to be an evil boss there, you can chose to navigate around,.....most of the time. It's pretty low probability it would be guarding a choke-point. not to mention you could just refuse to accept teh quest.

I was thinking about this idea btw, and how about this

Marker 1 is a tough auto ship.
marker 2 is an auto-terminator
Marker 3 is a new Auto-Construction yard positioned near a sun!, equiped with a teleporter , and upon entering the fight when it hits 75% health an event triggers that makes 8 ghost crew appear on your ship, when they get low health they teleport back to the auto-construction yard and repair any breaches.
Auto-construction yard is a auto-station...no oxygen....lots of guns shields and defensive drones only.

The good ones too, no light missile defense drones. Only sys repair, anti-personal, defense and defense II drones.

this would make it different from the usually high-damage low-health auto-ships, instead make it a tanky self-repairing -resistance to boarding-action ship....cleverly taking advantage of its natural resistance to the sun.
HOWEVER it cannot move as it is a station, and if you fail to stop it's FTL drive from self destructing you take 30 damage.

yes that's fight, you get NUKED
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:17 am

On that note, it would be good to get AI crew members from Auto- ships that ask for a surrender now and again.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 am

Just got a crash when the AI Avatar generator made two 'children' and i already had 8 crew members. instead of offering to dismiss 1 it just crashed......i'll have to modify it so that instead of giving 2 at once, it gives 1 and then another as two separate events.

Ok i fixed it.

Basically ...this....

<event>
<text load="CE_HOLOGRAM_HAPPY_BIRTHDAYS_TEXT"/>
<item_modify>
<item type="scrap" min="1" max="1"/>
</item_modify>
<crewMember amount="1" class="ghost"/>
<choice req="AE_HOLOGRAM_GENERATOR" hidden="true">
<text>(AI Avatar Generator) Bring a sentient hologram crew member into existence. [ Scrap: -1 ]</text>
<event load="CE_HOLOGRAM_BIRTH_LIST"/>
</choice>
</event>
<event>
<text load="CE_HOLOGRAM_FAIL_TEXT"/>
<item_modify>
<item type="scrap" min="-1" max="-1"/>
</item_modify>
<boarders min="2" max="8" class="ghost"/>
</event>
</eventList>
<textList name="CE_HOLOGRAM_HAPPY_BIRTHDAY_TEXT">
<text>You are undisturbed here and can give the AI some time to create one of its avatars. The partial holographic being greets you friendly and reports that it is ready for service.</text>
<text>Another AI avatar is born. "Hello captain, pleased to meet you. What is the my purpose here?" You send the hologram to it's station.</text>
<text>The new born hologram greet you friendly: "Hello captain. Please state my duty on board."</text>
<text>The avatar generator spawns another hologram. You wish it a happy birthday and the entity is quite happy about that. It goes to work immediately.</text>
</textList>
<textList name="CE_HOLOGRAM_HAPPY_BIRTHDAYS_TEXT">
<text>You are undisturbed here and instruct the AI to create another of it's avatars. "Please take good care of my children, captain. ^_^ " </text>

You know where it goes.
The idea is that in general it costs 1 scrap. (this is much better balanced, 15 scrap was WAY to high).
HOWEVER sometimes you get 2-8 traitors
HOWEVER, sometimes you get twins!, the +1 scrap is just incase the player had only 1 scrap left....spawned AI....got the 'happy birthday S' event, and then didn't have 1scrap to continue.....