[Ship][WIP]Earth's finest

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Christop

[Ship][WIP]Earth's finest

Postby Christop » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:15 pm

So, I thought I would try my hand at making a ship. The ship was inspired by the firestorm from XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Currently I'm still making the actual image used for the ship, I haven't even got to the room layout yet or even decided what i'm going to call it, I just wanted to see what people think of how it looks so far.

Any constructive criticism is appreciated!
speedoflight

Re: [Ship][WIP]Earth's finest

Postby speedoflight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

It looks good, almost for me. I mean, for a start sprite its really neat, and if u add some shading work i dont think that ship needs more work (maybe a little textured detail).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 am

Looks really neat, but I agree that it should have more shading.
Christop

Postby Christop » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Update! Now with shading

Zremort

Postby Zremort » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:39 pm

I personally think this looks amazing. I, myself, could not create a ship graphic to save my life but you do it so well! It looks amazing, keep up with this amazing work! Would love to help with the actual interior ( Just can't set-up the shields :/ Confuses me why it doesn't show up in game)! Nice work, mate!
Christop

Postby Christop » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Zremort wrote:I personally think this looks amazing. I, myself, could not create a ship graphic to save my life but you do it so well! It looks amazing, keep up with this amazing work! Would love to help with the actual interior ( Just can't set-up the shields :/ Confuses me why it doesn't show up in game)! Nice work, mate!

Thanks for the compliments! It took me a fair few tries to get a decent looking ship.

Oh and I think I'm done, apart from a few decals that is.

Zremort

Postby Zremort » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Loving the constant updates and how gradually they're getting better. I'd say try not to overdo it, though. We don't want it looking too light-y :P.
Christop

Postby Christop » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Zremort wrote:Loving the constant updates and how gradually they're getting better. I'd say try not to overdo it, though. We don't want it looking too light-y :P.

The only reason there's so many lights in the middle is because I needed to fill the blank spaces either side of the middle ridge, the light's aren't ideal but they do fill the gap nicely.

Anyway, I added the decals and I'm going to start on the room layout. The decals are XCOM decals because I was inspired by this.

Zremort

Postby Zremort » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Sounds alright, I guess. It should be interesting to see your internals. Say, what do you use to make the ships? Superliminal?
Christop

Postby Christop » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Zremort wrote:Sounds alright, I guess. It should be interesting to see your internals. Say, what do you use to make the ships? Superliminal?

I've actually made this graphic before deciding which program/method to use to build the ship's rooms. So now updates will be a little bit slower.

The program I used to draw the graphic is Paint.NET, good tool if you can use it.