[Unsolved] Image Issues

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: Mod Issues

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Thunderr wrote:
speedoflight wrote:Maximum reactor power is the maximum quantity of active bars u start with (so this is wat u want), not the maximum a ship can handle...

Really? I set it to six and it gave me six bars maximum and six bars to start. I'll play around with it and see if that's right.

Maybe i explained it wrong, lets see. If u put a maxpower ammount = 10. U will have 10 power bars (total, between used and not used) so if u turn off every system, u should have those 10 powers bars available for use. If u turn on the medbay that requires 1 power bar, then u will have 10 power bars, 9 of em available. And so on.. thats is how it works, almost that is wat i think, maybe im wrong.. i really never put too much thinking on that..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:41 am

What shark meant is that we don't really know how it works, on the inside. A value of 10 may be corresponding to 100% chance to ignite fires, but that doesn't let us conclude whether the code interprets, say, 100 as 1000% chance, or just rounds it down to 10. (since we can't tell the difference). It may have an effect we don't know of.

Though looking at how FTL is done so far, I think that the former is most likely.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:36 am

kartoFlane wrote:What shark meant is that we don't really know how it works, on the inside. A value of 10 may be corresponding to 100% chance to ignite fires, but that doesn't let us conclude whether the code interprets, say, 100 as 1000% chance, or just rounds it down to 10. (since we can't tell the difference). It may have an effect we don't know of.

Though looking at how FTL is done so far, I think that the former is most likely.

The values are from 0% to 100%. Its not so hard, a value of 1 means 10% chance to ignite fire. And so on. As far as i can tell, a value of 10% means 100% but in-game u will not always ignite fire. But that is not because its not 100% chance, thats because its how ftl works, is intended that the fire chance will never be 100%. There will be always a really little chance to fail ignite fire. As i said, a value of 100 is useless, it will be automatically picked for "10" by the game. Almost this is wat i experimented, besides u will not see values greater than 10 on any vanilla weapon (actually, i think there is not even a value of 10 in one of em).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage