[MOD][WIP] FTL : Experimental Warfare

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL : Experimental Warfare

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:46 am

so there were 5, and you removed the 5th, that makes 4.... so where is number 3 and 4? (and also for that huuuuuuuuge ship you have.... can you edit a black line down between engine 2 and 3 so it doesn't look conjoined? unless that's what your aiming for)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:41 am

I'm remaking the other two ships, they were very similar to eachother and thanks for pointing out the mistake, I'll have a look at it. :idea:
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Here are some weapon pics:
:twisted:
:twisted:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Dude.... once you finish this mod, it will most likely be the best ship mod ever for me. (FotF atm is at my heart but you know how not finished that is.... 5 hull scout up against a rebel cruiser on CE...)

Seriously, your ships get me hyped, your weapons make me look like a squirrel on coffee and it is all in Federation colours. Amazing.

An Idea for 1 of your ships is to be Ai controlled

(and for it to have a useless augment that engages a quest at the start beacon for it to get crew, so the ship is ai operated but you can still have crew, meaning you can FTL without someone in the helm, you can auto repair slowly, etc)

Just an idea for the Ai controlled ship, seeing it's Experimental Warfare, a high tech navigation and pilot system would be nice and fitting :)

And would it be safe to expect B variants of these ships? if you use gimp or what ever you can just select all the paneled areas and invert colours (still leaving black lines and also things that shouldn't be inverted) or value invert.

you will have to vertically flip a image to make the shadow on the right spot though.

I will stop 'spamming' on your thread now, sorry =3 to hyped for this mod.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Don't worry, I love feedback, negative or positive. :) There will not be Type B, the second type will be a completely different ship, so an experienced player will have a large variety of various ships to try out, each one with it's own weapons and loadouts. :P
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 am

Update: Added more pics.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:33 am

it... looks... AWESOME!!!

That 'not finished' one. the 4th one, It looks cool, but the cockpit glass seems to small, you can remove the divider in the middle (or the bar or line or what ever words you wanna use).
That and also some parts look a bit 2D, to make it look flat (I think that is what your aiming for, flat or thin) without making it 2d, maybe ad a pixel or 2 of shadow on a side or light? idk.

but it does look interesting. You got me very curious, if only I got a PayPal or a card or what ever I wish I could pay you. I am so happy I started posting on this thread earlier and bring it back from the dead.

Edit: is the 4th ship gonna be an Ai ship?
I think you should make an Ai ship part of your Experimental Warfare, I want it in Fed style though, I do not want a tiny auto-scout or auto-assault recolored (well that is okay, but the usual follow up is...) and rooms over crowding and some sticking out and etc.

I think I may have said that before.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 pm

I do what I do because I enjoy doing it and I don't want anyone to pay me and yes I'm trying to make the WIP ship (<-- that rhythmes) a wee bit bigger and add more details, it's supposed to be a Recon ship after all. Also, about the AI ship, I think that a dive-bomber space-edition sounds pretty neat. :)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Space Dive bomber? The concept won't work with FTL 'bombs' due to the fact they teleport and that fact means the dive is not needed (translation, Level bombing/ High speed bombing master race)

but no matter how 'technical' I am going right now, I really LIKE the idea, me being a WWII fan and the golden age of dog fighting, the idea of a dive bomber in the future.

Maybe a bomb similar to a ftl missile or a Captains Edition (a popular mod atm) mine launcher?
Dealing intense hull damage and half to system.

Anyway enough jibber jabber from me.

I got a question, I am making a mod ship atm and it is my first (publicly posted) mod ever, and I am I only got a digital art program the day I started making the mod and stuff and I am wondering if it's good (looking) and some other stuff, can I ask if it looks good and isn't OP from a quick glance? (under the image there is a link to hanger/ rooms image for both A and B), link to it in my signature.
And do you like the B variant colours? (not vanilla) or a vanilla colour like the Kestral or Fed Cruiser B?

I am asking because the concept of that mod is really similar to this, it is a really late reb-fed war and post war ship, a really light fast mobile artillery as the concept, tons of engine and no weapons (the b got weapons), by weapons I mean non, at all, no system (does create a UI bug), relying on drones and artillery to kill.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:53 pm

I took a look at your mod and I got to say that it looks very promising! It's not OP and it can be challenging. But the Type B is a bit too strong in my opinion. Remove two drones and it will be perfectly balanced. :)

About the dive bomber concept, the idea is that bombs that can be teleported are small in order to fit in rooms, so having a "bomber" with the ability to carry a very heavy payload bigger than ordinary, small teleporting bombs seems resonable to me. :roll:

Here is what I mean by saying heavy payload:Image