Fight Stations: No engines/piloting?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: Fight Stations: No engines/piloting?

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 pm

oh boy, can't wait
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:12 am

Sleeper Service wrote:The mod will not get a solo release, but will instead be incorporated into a big mod compilation that will also include Balanced Arsenal (b), New Enemy Classes and other lore friendly mods that are free to use, like Diversity Mod Graphical. I plan to extend this compilation further within the future, maintaining all my mods in one big compilation.

You're going to make the biggest, best FTL mod to date! Balanced Arsenal and New Enemy Classes have already given me a dozen good hours and I'm still not tired of them. All you need is some kick-ass name for the mod and you can take home all the awesome.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Oh well I'm flattered. :D Forgot to mention: it will be called "FTL - Captains Edition".
(In honor to this, a mod that gave me hundreds of hours of great, immersive game-play. In a completely different game.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Im waiting for this as well, i just want more and more enemies lol.

Btw, good job there, it looks like this is getting somewhere really fast. Btw, wat i dont like is the aspect of that mantis station, it doesnt look like a space station... its just a big mantis cruiser for me. :) anyways, its cool, so it doesnt matter.. :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah that's up to everyone’s individual taste. I'm not completely happy with all the designed either. But theres only so much I can do. Some things limited how far I could go here:
-my inability to recreate the factions hull styles from scratch, just did this for the federation station, all others are spliced
-limited availability of existing ship parts to splice
-no concepts of how stations could actually look like
-perspective and symmetry rules of the different factions, some seem to like symmetric ships some not, tried to incorporate this

To set the stations apart I tried to make them look bulkier than ships and less streamlined. But, yeah, don't expect too much here, I think I got the shading right to make them look organically build, but to some extend it will be visible that the stations are pieced together from existing graphics. :roll:

circle station final
shark

Postby shark » Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 pm

People here generally aren't cool with people releasing 'compilations' containing their work. I know, i almost got banned for it.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
966socho

Postby 966socho » Tue May 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Yeah, a prominent modder I won't name got really irked when all I did was provide a temporary mirror. :? AFAIK no ad revenue was involved either. I understand that you want to be given credit for your modding work, but at the same time you've released something whose source can be easily extracted to the Internet of all places.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 28, 2013 5:56 pm

I will of course only include mods that are free to use or whose authors have agreed to be part of this compilation. And of course all the included mods will be listed with giving credits to the authors.

Right now I only planed to include the visuals only variant of the diversity mod (which is free to use), but I mainly thought about incorporating some lore friendly event mods, which else would probably be incompatible with this mod. The whole compilation idea was mainly about compatibility.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Thu May 30, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Wed May 29, 2013 5:01 am

Glorious.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
shark

Postby shark » Wed May 29, 2013 7:22 pm

You've got permission to use any of my stuff as you please, for sure :) when I did it, Kieve got really butthurt. then again, i wasn't as nice about asking for permissions as you are.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.