Re: Calling all modders

Postby DryEagle » Sun May 05, 2013 11:06 am

they stoled my idea :x
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 am

I want to get started on some submarine designs, but had a few questions. Where would the weapon mounts be on a wooden submarine? Also can there be some metal/brass parts like the propeller/fins/railings/parascope?

Also, off topic, What about steampunk torpedos as a weapon? Too fantasy?

EDIT: Oh yea do you want the submarines to look like the classic oblong shape or have some U-boat influence?
Last edited by brothershogo on Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue May 14, 2013 5:44 am

brothershogo wrote:I want to get started on some submarine designs, but had a few questions. Where would the weapon mounts be on a wooden submarine? Also can there be some metal/brass parts like the propeller/fins/railings/parascope?

Also, off topic, What about steampunk torpedos as a weapon? Too fantasy?

Well they could be missle weapons, it would make sense
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Tue May 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Well, if we're going to have 3 factions, each with a distinct style, then one should be 'classic' kind of shape, one can be more rounded / boxy type, and one with split hulls, like catamaran/trimaran style.

All of the weapons are going to be above-water type, because it wouldn't make sense to have torpedoes being shot from the same place as cannons. So, the weapon mounts should be in such a place that it's clear they're above the water line. As for firing when stealthed... well, that's just one of the things that will need to be lived with.
ImageImageImageImage
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 pm

DryEagle wrote:Well, if we're going to have 3 factions, each with a distinct style, then one should be 'classic' kind of shape, one can be more rounded / boxy type, and one with split hulls, like catamaran/trimaran style.

All of the weapons are going to be above-water type, because it wouldn't make sense to have torpedoes being shot from the same place as cannons. So, the weapon mounts should be in such a place that it's clear they're above the water line. As for firing when stealthed... well, that's just one of the things that will need to be lived with.

What are the three factions going to be influenced by? Like European cultures or Ethnic/Asian cultures too?
ImageImageImage
ThePieman

Postby ThePieman » Wed May 15, 2013 12:46 am

U-Boat style would be pretty cool, actually. Anyone have ideas for music?
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I was thinking something like standard hulls = european, blocky hulls = oriental (reference) and maybe ome kind of viking thing for the multi-hull ships?

as for music, jazz all the way
ImageImageImageImage
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Thu May 16, 2013 8:58 am

Hello! It has been time since I visited the forums. I had some spare time today and I worked a bit on the guy with the bronze swimming suit I suggested to replace the crystal race. I came up with this image (it's tiny, try to zoom in if you can) : Image

Do you people think that this image looks good?

If you want to download it (for any reason, I don't care) here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wisidgdbuvbif5k

Have a nice day! :)
shark

Postby shark » Sun May 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Did you make your first pirate ship yet or are you fleshing out the design for things that will be somewhat improbable to see the light of day?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.