[SHIP] Millennium Falcon

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Teodor

[SHIP] Millennium Falcon

Postby Teodor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi everyone!
Skärmavbild-2013-03-02-kl.-16.12.56.jpg

I started making this ship with the superluminal ship editor, but I can't seem to make it work so I gave up. But if anyone wants to pick it upp and finish it I thought I'd upload it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl4ch39vmle91 ... lcon.shp?m
EchoesofOld

Re: [SHIP] Millennium Falcon

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:13 am

My advice would be to DOWN SIZE THE DAMN THING! I mean, 12 slot teleporter? You really should shrink your image down to a more manageable size
The Rebel Flagship: The only ship to make the DemonStar look like a pansy.

Be ye wary of the ship with the demon airlock...
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:04 am

I didn't know the Falcon had a teleporter to begin with....
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01 pm

This is a pretty unique ship, I like it! I kinda agree with the teleporter being to OP though.
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
FrostWyrmWraith

Postby FrostWyrmWraith » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 pm

It might be that size in order to fit the pilot seat into the outrigger cockpit.
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

FrostWyrmWraith wrote:It might be that size in order to fit the pilot seat into the outrigger cockpit.

that IS a fair point, but ive seen smaller images that work perfectly

speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 pm

The problem is, i dunno if that size of rooms are supported by the game. I guess not. I dunno if the teleport can manage more than 2x2 rooms. And air vents will not work in those style rooms. They need to be 1x1, 2x1, 1x2, 2x2. Anything else than that.. will not work as intended. And teleport needs to be out... we are talking about star wars.. lol.

Anything else, its a good idea. Round ships are very good to mod, since u can distribute the rooms easily. But u need to make em smaller.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
FrostWyrmWraith

Postby FrostWyrmWraith » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 am

Speed of light:
A six space teleporter has been done in the Starcraft conversion, so it works.
Rooms can be bigger than 2x2 and venting will work fine. It won't display correctly, as the stripes won't appear, but the room will indeed vent. I tested it before I posted my own mods, and even though you can't see the stripes in the entirety of the room, crew can indeed suffocate when not on the spaces covered by them.
As to not putting in the teleporter just because it's Star Wars, I see no reason not to. This isn't intended to be a Star Wars conversion, just modding a Star Wars ship into FTL. It's essentially a cosmetic mod as most ships are.
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:44 am

FrostWyrmWraith wrote:Speed of light:
A six space teleporter has been done in the Starcraft conversion, so it works.
Rooms can be bigger than 2x2 and venting will work fine. It won't display correctly, as the stripes won't appear, but the room will indeed vent. I tested it before I posted my own mods, and even though you can't see the stripes in the entirety of the room, crew can indeed suffocate when not on the spaces covered by them.
As to not putting in the teleporter just because it's Star Wars, I see no reason not to. This isn't intended to be a Star Wars conversion, just modding a Star Wars ship into FTL. It's essentially a cosmetic mod as most ships are.

I agree. Even still, 12 slots is kinda overkill, as you have an 8 crew maximum. But that's entirely up to the dev, i suppose. sorry OCD...

Teodor

Postby Teodor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 pm

FrostWyrmWraith wrote:It might be that size in order to fit the pilot seat into the outrigger cockpit.

That was the idea. But I see how the gigantic teleporter looks a bit to much. Maybe reduce it and make room for some corridors.
I know there are no teleporters in Star Wars... But this isn't a Star Wars mod. The Falcon is just a good looking ship imo :). Would be fun to play it.