The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R30hedron

Re: The Shipyard

Postby R30hedron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:24 pm

I was asked by BrenTenkage to help splice together a ship, and in the process I also made a reversed Mantis Scout ship. Contains gibs, but no ship glow or cloak image:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ppwzs45oluyzas/mantis_fighter_inverted.zip

As you approach the beacon, you find yourself behind a parked mantis ship. You consider jumping away before they notice you, only to find weapons firing at you! The mantis reconfigured their ship to fly and shoot backwards!

And if anyone else wants to use or modify the ship hull that Bren asked me to help with, you can find them here; the .zips has gibs, ship glow, cloak image, shield image, and miniship:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/40swxchz6ao44oz/mantlug_croissant.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/456e9b9ehpxn3qm/mantlug_croissant_pirate.zip

Outside the protective nebula, this slug crew used damaged ship parts and a repainted hull to hide among the mantis as they seek revenge.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 am

NarnKar wrote:Image
Its signature weapon was supposed to be a Freeze Ray, a beam that crystallized rooms that it hit. Unfortunately, those don't work. Double-unfortunately, I had already made the art before discovering this.

The lesson is to always test weapons before drawing them.

You have no idea how depressed I was to find out my healing beam was useless... Or the hardcoding in the races... Or... Actually, the list of reasons why I quit FTL modding goes on and on...
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
AI41

Postby AI41 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:46 am

RAD-82 wrote:'snip'

https://imgur.com/qw123X8
A purple and gold ship for you. Even if it is very late.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J5bY7NsDLfdF5fHb2i5-o7FzDwbnoGuK
Last edited by AI41 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am

That was almost four years ago.

The gold looks good. That purple seems to be too red-ish for what I wanted. I was looking for something more like the purple of my Dead-Tail.

I don't have any use for it now since I decided to make this Hades ship instead, but if you want someone to use it, you should consider providing the matching gibs and mini-ship for that hull.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Iridium64

Postby Iridium64 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Could I get a Fed recolour of this? (I found it in this thread, but can't remember where.)
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue May 15, 2018 1:11 am

I really loved the fighter R4V3-ON and Anthonest created in the Arcadian War project. Unfortunately the data was wiped

Here's also Xlander's reskin for me a long time ago

Would it be possible if someone could combine the colourscheme of the recoloured rebel ship with the Arcadian Fighter? Or similar to Xlander's reskin but more sleeker, something of a stealth fighter?

I'm interested in making a federation ship-pack (I know its been down many times), but in a more complete manner (i.e. enemy fighters as well as playable versions)
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
steamtex wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Um... I can take a gander at making those ships... do I have to try to make it as strict to the original art as possible or should I try to do what CE did and downscale the ship and remove/ alter/ add features?

The other also happens to be the Osprey, which means the Federation (frigate?) will have to be longer than the Fed cruisers.

I do not quite buy it that 1 of the two fleetfed ships is the osprey. I mean if it is, you got a pair of these long range lasers that ignore shields that could probably destroy the rebel flagship in just a single blow combined.
On top of that it's description mentions how it is brand new, I doubt the last federation fleet the same one that lasted for awhile has more then a bakers dozen.

Osprey miniship art (resized a lil to match the length of the fed cruiser art length) compared to unknown federation cruiser...

Notice how none of the details carry over AT ALL.

I am not trying to put a damper on your pirade, but it isn't an exact match, not by a long shot. Even the estimated front looks different. as well as the bridge, the mid section, and vaguely the engines. (looks like a 4 exhaust engine to me on the fedcruiser)

However that isn't stopping me from going to replicate both =P

How'd you get the unknown Fed cruiser image? Could you upload it?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Iridium64 wrote:Could I get a Fed recolour of this? (I found it in this thread, but can't remember where.)

right then, I'll post it here ish

what's it for anyway? own mod?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
FTL ProjCoal team

Postby FTL ProjCoal team » Mon May 21, 2018 2:46 pm

SomeFederationPerson wrote:I really loved the fighter R4V3-ON and Anthonest created in the Arcadian War project. Unfortunately the data was wiped

Here's also Xlander's reskin for me a long time ago

Would it be possible if someone could combine the colourscheme of the recoloured rebel ship with the Arcadian Fighter? Or similar to Xlander's reskin but more sleeker, something of a stealth fighter?

I'm interested in making a federation ship-pack (I know its been down many times), but in a more complete manner (i.e. enemy fighters as well as playable versions)

hey is the fighter free domain?
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue May 22, 2018 6:10 am

I believe Xlander's fighter is free domain but i dunno about the other fighter