The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
AgentTHeKat

Re: The Shipyard

Postby AgentTHeKat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:17 am

Jimli_ wrote:In honor of my new account, time to post some incomplete hull images that'll ill probably never use. I'll remove them if I change my mind, so these are all up for grabs.

One of my early attempts. Shading techniques are primitive and the color scheme is boring, but not too bad otherwise.

Hey, I have no idea if you're still active or what, but since you've given the go-ahead for anyone to use this, we're using it in an overhaul called FTL: Multiverse. Since the ship was a bit unfinished, and since it uses mantis parts (which we'd rather stay away from) I overhauled the sprite. I figured I'd post it here in case you saw it and wanted to use it or something. To anyone else, you're free to use this as long as Jimil_ keeps them up.

RAD-82 wrote:Thanks for trying. Someone might be able to use that hull, but I'll need to edit that federation bomber front back into it so my rooms will fit.

Someone is in fact, able to use this hull. As with the first user, no idea if you're still active here but just in case you are, I've also fixed up some shading on here. Though it doesn't fix the issue you were having, that didn't really matter for our mod...as stated before, this hull is free for anyone to use as long rad-82 maintains that his original hull is.
It's me, one of those Multiverse Devs!
Do you have a ship sprite you aren't sure about? Do you think it could be better, but aren't sure how?
Contact me on discord (AgentTheKat#1953), and I'll see what I can do! It's kind of my thing.
Xeridan.exe

Postby Xeridan.exe » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:11 pm

steamtex wrote:Quick little hack together I did of the Kestrel and Federation cruisers. Comes in Federation Boring and Federation Blue. Maybe a cruiser, maybe a cargo ship.

All images including gibs download

I did get a bit lazy with the gibs, so there are only three, but hey.

Hey! I'm new here and I hope no one minds me reviving this old thread again, but I made a background for my computer using photoshop and steamtex's ship here. Just wanted to share it and maybe get into some ship art.

Here's a link to my forum post where I shared it. steamtex I hope you don't mind my using your sprite.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36181&p=124762#p124762
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:32 am

Was bored today so I spliced a couple of ships together. Feel free to use just PM me <3

A small Rebel ship, perhaps an interceptor or something.

A larger Rebel ship, though far from a cruiser. A bomber maybe.|
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:46 am

Even more rebel hulls

Larger Rebel Rigger. Could be some sort of cargo carrier or drone mothership.

Long Rigger of some kind and Medical Transport
Image Image

Large Rebel ship. Could be a cargo freighter or a warship idk.
Luszor2

Postby Luszor2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Question, has anyone ever tried making the bottom fleet ship into actual hull for playable ship while not downscaling it to the size of a cruiser that it isn't? I plan to make one for my mod and I might start working on it, but maybe someone with much better skill in hull making would be able to do it better and be interested in making such a ship?