The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: The Shipyard

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am

That was almost four years ago.

The gold looks good. That purple seems to be too red-ish for what I wanted. I was looking for something more like the purple of my Dead-Tail.

I don't have any use for it now since I decided to make this Hades ship instead, but if you want someone to use it, you should consider providing the matching gibs and mini-ship for that hull.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Iridium64

Postby Iridium64 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Could I get a Fed recolour of this? (I found it in this thread, but can't remember where.)
SomeFederationPerson
Location: 1st Federation elite stealth fighter squadron, 10th federation elite strike fleet

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue May 15, 2018 1:11 am

I really loved the fighter R4V3-ON and Anthonest created in the Arcadian War project. Unfortunately the data was wiped

Here's also Xlander's reskin for me a long time ago

Would it be possible if someone could combine the colourscheme of the recoloured rebel ship with the Arcadian Fighter? Or similar to Xlander's reskin but more sleeker, something of a stealth fighter?

I'm interested in making a federation ship-pack (I know its been down many times), but in a more complete manner (i.e. enemy fighters as well as playable versions)
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
steamtex wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Um... I can take a gander at making those ships... do I have to try to make it as strict to the original art as possible or should I try to do what CE did and downscale the ship and remove/ alter/ add features?

The other also happens to be the Osprey, which means the Federation (frigate?) will have to be longer than the Fed cruisers.

I do not quite buy it that 1 of the two fleetfed ships is the osprey. I mean if it is, you got a pair of these long range lasers that ignore shields that could probably destroy the rebel flagship in just a single blow combined.
On top of that it's description mentions how it is brand new, I doubt the last federation fleet the same one that lasted for awhile has more then a bakers dozen.

Osprey miniship art (resized a lil to match the length of the fed cruiser art length) compared to unknown federation cruiser...

Notice how none of the details carry over AT ALL.

I am not trying to put a damper on your pirade, but it isn't an exact match, not by a long shot. Even the estimated front looks different. as well as the bridge, the mid section, and vaguely the engines. (looks like a 4 exhaust engine to me on the fedcruiser)

However that isn't stopping me from going to replicate both =P

How'd you get the unknown Fed cruiser image? Could you upload it?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Iridium64 wrote:Could I get a Fed recolour of this? (I found it in this thread, but can't remember where.)

right then, I'll post it here ish

what's it for anyway? own mod?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
FTL ProjCoal team

Postby FTL ProjCoal team » Mon May 21, 2018 2:46 pm

SomeFederationPerson wrote:I really loved the fighter R4V3-ON and Anthonest created in the Arcadian War project. Unfortunately the data was wiped

Here's also Xlander's reskin for me a long time ago

Would it be possible if someone could combine the colourscheme of the recoloured rebel ship with the Arcadian Fighter? Or similar to Xlander's reskin but more sleeker, something of a stealth fighter?

I'm interested in making a federation ship-pack (I know its been down many times), but in a more complete manner (i.e. enemy fighters as well as playable versions)

hey is the fighter free domain?
SomeFederationPerson
Location: 1st Federation elite stealth fighter squadron, 10th federation elite strike fleet

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue May 22, 2018 6:10 am

I believe Xlander's fighter is free domain but i dunno about the other fighter
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 am

Rebel Remnant Interceptor (Concept for Project Coalition - to be fixed) - Based on the mod Federation Strikes back 2.0
Markus_McCloud

Postby Markus_McCloud » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:29 am

steamtex wrote:
NarnKar wrote:fleedfed_1_med looks vaguely like an Osprey, viewed from the side. Big ol' tube with thrusters and a large front.

The problem is that fleetfed_2_med.png looks exactly like an Osprey, viewed from the side, albeit with the red (salmon?) stripes in a different position. The solution is to make a new ship for fleetfed_1_med.png and fleet_1_med.png, obviously. The second problem is that I'm lazy. I would imagine that the fleetfed_1_med.png craft would look something like this:

Terrible, I know, but you only have to look at a small part of it while flying it thanks to the floor image.

Terrible? I beg to differ! ^^
Can I make this a mod, please? I have an idea to make it a destroyer.
Last edited by Markus_McCloud on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're called MISS-iles for a reason.
Markus_McCloud

Postby Markus_McCloud » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:49 pm

So has anyone made a sprite for an Elite Rigger yet? Just wanna know if I'd be wasting my time if I made one. :|

Edit: Too late. See the next page.
Last edited by Markus_McCloud on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
They're called MISS-iles for a reason.