[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Vhati

Re: [Tool] Yet Another FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - u6-2-

Postby Vhati » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Pumpkins10 wrote:k, the new bundle gives the message "You can't open the application Superluminal because it may be damaged or incomplete"

Doh. I forgot the "Contents/" directory, "Resources/" and "MacOS/" belong inside that.
(I've updated the tree in my earlier bundle-construction post)

How's this one?
Edit: Link removed.

Pumpkins10 wrote:If applications aren't runnable then they won't have the icon, just a prohibitory symbol over the generic app icon
Good to know.

Pumpkins10 wrote:inside the bundle looks slightly different to other applications I have, there is a folder called _CodeSignature in the contents folder of all my other applications, it contains the file CodeResources - not sure what it does, but it looks important
That's an optional thing for bundles that are signed to prove authorship and thwart tampering.

Pumpkins10 wrote:none of the other apps have jar files directly in the resources folder either, the minecraft launcher has launcher.jar in a folder called java which is in the resources folder. - I don't know how important that information is, but it's worth a shot
Nah. The bundle's plist points to the runme script. And the script knows where to find the jars. I've done that before successfully.
Last edited by Vhati on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pumpkins10

Postby Pumpkins10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 pm

@Vhati

this one has the barcode icon loaded, but still doesn't run.

It starts to open, but then shuts down straight after. i'm getting this in the the console :

Code: Select all

08/02/2013 16:24:00.707 com.apple.launchd.peruser.503: ([0x0-0x22f22f].com.kartoflane.superluminal[47633]) Exited with code: 1
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

I guess that Vhati's package is working correctly, since the app starts to run, but crashes shortly after...
Assuming that Vhati used the old 6-2 version, it's probably the same issue as with LordOfHam earlier - try downloading the fixed mac64 version, then place it inside Vhati's package. Rename it to superluminal_mac64.jar. You'll have to delete/move/rename the old jar first.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Pumpkins10

Postby Pumpkins10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

@Kartoflane

hmm, that does the same thing, It tries to run but gives up
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Well, damn me. The Mac VM is working. Feels kinda weird writing on a qwertz kezboard...

@Pumpkins10
No idea then. The "exit 1" means that some sort of error occured (duh), but I dont know how to get it to say exactly what happened.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:35 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Assuming that Vhati used the old 6-2 version, it's probably the same issue as with LordOfHam earlier - try downloading the fixed mac64 version
Yeah, I used the old one. :oops:

Pumpkins10 wrote:this one has the barcode icon loaded, but still doesn't run.

It starts to open, but then shuts down straight after. i'm getting this in the the console :

08/02/2013 16:24:00.707 com.apple.launchd.peruser.503: ([0x0-0x22f22f].com.kartoflane.superluminal[47633]) Exited with code: 1

Okay, this time more direct, instead of letting the bundling mechanism obfuscate error messages behind launchd.
Edit: Link removed.

What happens when you do this, in a terminal, in the "Superluminal_mac_x64_6-2-13" directory?

./Superluminal.app/Contents/MacOS/runme
cat ./debug.log
or
./Superluminal.command
cat ./debug.log

Either should amount to this.
java -classpath "./Superluminal.app/Contents/Resources/superluminal_mac64.jar:./Superluminal.app/Contents/Resources/swt.jar" -XstartOnFirstThread -Xdock:icon="./Superluminal.app/Contents/Resources/appIcon.icns" com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.Main >debug.log 2>&1
Edit: Added cats above as both commands are supposed be dumping messages to debug.log in that folder.
Last edited by Vhati on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 pm

I think we can call partial success, it runs on the VM.
Pumpkins10

Postby Pumpkins10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

@Vhati

still no luck, both ways of opening it react the same, It tries to run the program and then gives up.

debug.log gives me this;

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/kartoflane/superluminal/core/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm

@Pumpkins10
That's exactly the problem I've been struggling with for the past two hours, until I finally figured it out
Write java -version in the terminal and press enter -- it'll probably print out 1.6. You need 1.7 to run the app.

How I got it to work:

1. Go here and download the JRE1.7 (or newer) for Mac, if you haven't already.
  2. After downloading and installing, if Superluminal still doesn't run, open the Java preferences panel:
    1. Click on Apple icon on upper left of screen.
    2. Go to System Preferences
    3. Click on the Java icon to access the Java Control Panel.
    Alternatively, you can go to
    Library > Java > JavaVirtualMachines
    and double click on jre1.7.0_##.jre.
    If you can't find Java folder in your Library, try checking inside
    System > Library > Frameworks > JavaVM.framework

3. A new window for Java preferences should pop up. Deselect all other Java environments you have installed, so that only the newest 1.7 will be selected. Exit the window and try to run Superluminal again.

If despite doing that, the editor still doesn't work, try uninstalling ALL versions of Java from your Mac, and then downloading and installing the newest version from here
Last edited by kartoFlane on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:48 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@LordOfHam
Yes, those are all bugs. The door tool turned out to be my fault, I've began laying down groundwork to rewrite the painting system and apparently messed something up. Fixed.
System operation tool, on the other hand, I've no idea what could be wrong... What exactly is happening? Keep in mind that they can only be placed in man-able systems - weapons, engines, shields, pilot and medbay (as occupied slot)

As for the ship browser, this is an expandable tree; once you've selected both paths, ships should be loaded and the three basic categories should become expandable to reveal selectable ships. If that doesn't happen, then this means that the autoBlueprints.xml and blueprints.xml files were not read correctly...

Well, I'm going to try the OSX VM now

In regards to the system operator placing thing, I might just be doing it right and it doesn't look as I had expected. It just places a blue rectangle on the square I clicked on. For the expandable trree, when I put the incorrect path, the choices are grey. If I do the correct one, they become black but do not expand. Also you said you fixed the door thing... Where do I get it? Also while in properties, I can't select weapons or drones. It seems the drop down menus aren't working. Also what does the define weapons/drone explicitly or preset mean?