[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-6-1

Postby speedoflight » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:46 am

That is a common bug that in words of KartoFlane is almost impossible to figure it out the cause. It happens since the very first versions of superluminal. I always leave loading the shield to the last step of the ship creation, and once i have the ship done, i really dont bother about the shield position, since i use manually editing directly into the files once i have the hard work of the ship done (room layout and system layout). Basically i use superluminal to obtain the .txt file where the rooms layout is located (and the shield position as well, but after the first try i already have the txt file with the right shield position, so it doesnt matter anymore) , and the blueprints.xml.append file where the ship blueprint is located.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:41 am

Well, it's not that it's impossible to figure out the cause, it's just not obvious. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, there seems to be no pattern to it that I could track.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-06-15

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Alright, I've worked on the editor over the last few days, and a new update is ready. It's a pretty big one, too.

Changelog:
  • Fixed:
    • Fixed a crash with augments/weapon/drone lists in ship's Properties
    • When loading a project, gibs that failed to load their images (for example if the files couldn't be found) will now be removed, instead of crashing the editor
    • Calculate optimal offset now moves the anchor, should it end up outside of the editable area after the operation
    • Fixed a bug that caused enemy crew random spinner to have no effect at all
    • Mounts now no longer are offset to match their old position once moved, if hull was moved beforehand
    • Numeric shortcuts to graphic options (1,2,3, etc) should now be disabled while editing gib properties
    • Took a blind guess at fixing the elusive shield offset issue when loading a project
  • Removed:
    • — Removed crewMax and random spinners from player ship section of crew tab, since they don't really do anything
    • — Removed load shield/floor/system graphic options
  • Changed:
    • ~ Hull now is not displayed at all when viewing cloak image
    • ~ In ship browser, pressing cancel during selection of a ship will now return to the ship browser, instead of closing it
    • ~ Ship browser now stays open after loading a ship, allowing you to quickly view ships - in order to start editing the ship, you have to dismiss the ship browser by pressing "Close" or hitting Escape
    • ~ Small changes in the way room borders are drawn - closer to what they're like in-game.
    • ~ The archive unpacking window can now be dismissed (the editor will be unusable until the archives are unpacked)
    • ~ Import Room Layout moved from File to Edit menu
    • ~ Pinned down objects now have yellow-ish selection, instead of the obscure (and often hard-to-notice) pin image
  • Added:
    • + Available/unavailable rooms now have their color refreshed immediately after exiting the properties window
    • + Stations can now also be hidden, View > Show Stations (or by pressing 7)
    • + Weapon mounts now return to default images if their assigned weapon was removed (may be buggy)
    • + Hull image is now being shown below the gibs, at 33% opacity while Gib Editor is selected
    • + Added shortcut to Hide Gib button - H
    • + Added some tooltips to Gib Editor toolbar button
    • + Gib layers in the Gib Editor can now be freely renamed
    • + The Gib Editor window can now be resized
    • + Gibs can now also be deleted like other objects, by pressing shift+D or Delete
    • + Selection is now cleared when switching between tools
    • + Added tips window displayed on startup (can be turned off)
    • + Layout name is now also autosuggested when loading hull image, if its field was blank
    • + The editor now warns you when you try to close an unsaved project
    • + FUCKING FINALLY implemented undo/redo functionality. Covers almost every tool operation, but not things like Ship Properties, system properties, etc. Traditionally available via Ctrl+Z/Y, or via Edit > Undo/Redo

Dropbox Download Directory: Superluminal 13-06-15
HerrDoktor

Postby HerrDoktor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Hello, I have to thank you for the editor, also the new versions features are great (undo, redo), but I have encountered a crash. Here's the log file:

Code: Select all

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.kartoflane.superluminal.undo.UndoableRotateEdit cannot be cast to com.kartoflane.superluminal.undo.UndoableMoveEdit
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.painter.PaintBox.registerUp(PaintBox.java:250)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.elements.FTLMount.registerUp(FTLMount.java:510)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.elements.FTLMount.mouseUp(FTLMount.java:518)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.MouseInputAdapter.mouseUp(MouseInputAdapter.java:169)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.Main.open(Main.java:729)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.Main.main(Main.java:420)

EDIT: to make it a little easier for you, I right-clicked a gun mount with the selection tool.

Again thx, and good luck!
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 am

kartoFlane wrote:Well, it's not that it's impossible to figure out the cause, it's just not obvious. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, there seems to be no pattern to it that I could track.

Actually it happens to me everytime i load a project.. ;) but as i said, its a bug that dont bothers me.
ImageImage
Kit

Postby Kit » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 am

HerrDoktor wrote:Hello, I have to thank you for the editor, also the new versions features are great (undo, redo), but I have encountered a crash. Here's the log file:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.kartoflane.superluminal.undo.UndoableRotateEdit cannot be cast to com.kartoflane.superluminal.undo.UndoableMoveEdit
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.MouseInputAdapter.mouseUp(MouseInputAdapter.java:169)

EDIT: to make it a little easier for you, I right-clicked a gun mount with the selection tool.

Again thx, and good luck!

I just got the exact same crash doing the exact same thing; I right clicked a weapon mount with the select tool and instantly crashed.

Crash aside, I've liked everything I've tried in the new update so far. I'm honestly amazed at how fast you managed to pump out an update this big.
The new room outlines helped me realize my floor image was too large, which is nice. Probably better to find that out mid-process than in-game after everything's been patched in.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:15 am

Got it fixed, it was simple enough. Updated the 13-06-15 download directory.

@Kit
I'm glad you've liked it :)

@speedoflight
Well, it doesn't happen to any of my projects. That's what I mean when I say there's no pattern to it. It's really strange.
Kit

Postby Kit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 am

So, I feel bad... I broke your tool again.

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.ui.PropertiesWindow$4.widgetSelected(PropertiesWindow.java:145)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.Main.open(Main.java:699)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal.core.Main.main(Main.java:390)

I was editing the starting level of my weapons system when it happened. I believe I clicked outside the little widget window, on an empty square with the select tool active, possibly deselecting the weapons room just before clicking back on the widget window.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, honest!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 am

Yeah, the deselection was exactly what caused the crash. I forgot that the properties window doesn't disable the main window...
Fixed it either way, updated 6-15 again.

Kit wrote:I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, honest!

http://download.ultradownloads.com.br/w ... 80x800.jpg
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Lol man, i really love the way u solve the problems here and there, just a couple of minutes and u already fixed it and uploaded the fixed version. Its really good to see the effort u are putting in this editor. Wat will happen to the ftl modding community without your editor and all your efforts :p i cant start to imagine it. :lol: ;)
ImageImage