[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Thunderr

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-06-15

Postby Thunderr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:43 am

kartoFlane wrote:FUCKING FINALLY implemented undo/redo functionality. Covers almost every tool operation, but not things like Ship Properties, system properties, etc. Traditionally available via Ctrl+Z/Y, or via Edit > Undo/Redo

PRAISE THE LORD!
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Unfortunately, my screen is too small for me to press the buttons, and this is at max res.
timstarwars7

Postby timstarwars7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:51 pm

i downloaded and installed the newest java, and i can't find any debug files. im using the 64 version and whenever i try to open Superluminal.bat , it says it's unable to access jarfile superluminal_win64.jar .
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:01 pm

@agigabyte
Yeah, never thought it'd be an issue. I guess I'll reposition some elements of the UI to allow for a smaller size, though it'll look fugly as hell...

@timstarwars7
Well, that's weird. This sort of error appears when the .jar is not in the same directory as the .bat / .exe files.
Have you tried moving one of the files out of the folder? (tip: you shouldn't do that)
Generally, after unpacking the zip, don't move the unpacked folder's contents anywhere - you can move the folder wherever you want, no problem, but everything inside of it has to be left exactly the way it is.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
timstarwars7

Postby timstarwars7 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 am

kartoFlane wrote:@agigabyte
Yeah, never thought it'd be an issue. I guess I'll reposition some elements of the UI to allow for a smaller size, though it'll look fugly as hell...

@timstarwars7
Well, that's weird. This sort of error appears when the .jar is not in the same directory as the .bat / .exe files.
Have you tried moving one of the files out of the folder? (tip: you shouldn't do that)
Generally, after unpacking the zip, don't move the unpacked folder's contents anywhere - you can move the folder wherever you want, no problem, but everything inside of it has to be left exactly the way it is.

yes, i tried that. and i'm also trying to make a ship mod, and after trying other editors, i watched VoV's video, and found that superluminal is my best bet. i must get it to run :x
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 am

Really odd. Since you've managed to run the .bat file, I take it you're using a Windows OS. I also take it that since you're using the .bat script, the .exe doesn't work either?
Other than missing jarfile, it could also be a rights issue... Try executing the .exe as administrator, or move superluminal elsewhere (for example C:\superluminal)
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am

The offset on the image is not correct anymore :(

And for some reason the doors to med and oxygen room arent rightly connected. If I send my dude through it crashes. If I try to send him into the med bay it looks like it is a room that is not connected and that he cant reach.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:16 pm

That one had me really confused for a while, but I think I've got it figured out. It may be caused by the undo functionality I've implemented, and the editor not applying the change to hull images.
Open the project in superluminal, modify the ship's offset, and then manually change it back to its old value (ie. without using the undo/redo)

That doesn't fix the issue with doors, but I'd imagine it's caused by the same thing (undo/redo)... Gotta look into it.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Sweet update! Nice to see that the editor is supported so well.

I encountered some problems when loading enemy ships, already since the last version: Systems stations are not loaded and the editor crashes on station placement and on pressing the properties button.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Systems stations not being loaded on enemy ships is intended - stations are random on enemy ships (spawn either on slot 0 or 1, facing random direction - with some restrictions, can only face a door-less wall), and "loading" them in the editor was, in fact, just randomizing them based on these conditions - which would, in turn, cause the stations to be fixed once you've exported your enemy ship.

I didn't know about the bugs you've mentioned though... Gotta get to identifying and fixing them. Good timing too, I was about to release a new update :P