[MOD IDEA][WIP]starting with augs

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Harachai

[MOD IDEA][WIP]starting with augs

Postby Harachai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 pm

In wartime there are always entrepreneurs. and one such person felt for what the federation was looking to achieve and decided to help them. but even with the good of federation in mind. the bills had to be paid somehow, with the federation willing to pick up the cost for their valiant messengers, that scrap has to come from somewhere...

undoable it seems.
I had thought of an idea where if you could 'buy' augs at the start except for the scrap aug and ship repair aug, from some kind of interface before you started out. or maybe once you started. and since you didn't have a lot of scrap at the start i thought (if it was possible) you could go into negative scrap, until you got enough to counterbalance it

but after looking through the files i haven't found a way to add another interface part to the ship select, or how to manipulate the starting scrap.

==========
===EDIT===
==========
I have created an mod!
heres whats in it.

when you start the game you will get a the option to see an augment dealer or just fly on.
they have the drone recovery arm, the long range sensors, and the Adv. FTL Navigation.
since there isn't a built in option for a menu sort of system or anything i just used ALOT of choice fields like beginning with scrap mod. when you pick on then next screen won't have it available, and so on. Also i have set it so that those three items are at 0 for shop rarity, they probably won't turn up. i will add more items to the list this is just a test.

Now! the thing i am wondering is a way to only get the aug dealer option once, currently when you jump into an area that comes up as 'starting beacon' you'll get this option and it does have the chance too, once you have them all, pick them again for the scrap.

Pictures will be added shortly

Download link : Augment Dealer
Last edited by Harachai on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonfon

Re: [MOD IDEA]starting with augs

Postby Jonfon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Have a look at the mod which comes with the Mod Manager. That manipulates the starting scrap via an Event.

Basically you want to create your own events.xml.append similiar to that. However I'm not if you can do more than take a fixed amount of Scrap and give a random Augment in return. You also can't go into negative scrap as far as I know.
Harachai

Postby Harachai » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am

I have found that i can give 1 aug using the one that comes with the mod manager, next i want to try either having... something... that's constantly checked and when/if you get scrap so that it can be subtracted from a total.

if i can't do that i'll need to find another way of balancing the ability to get the augments so easily... maybe making the other augments cost much more.... OR! make no augments appear in the shops! and maybe cause repairs to start at 3 or 4 instead of 2
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

From what I've seen in my own testing it's not possible to get negative scrap. E.g. if you have 15 scrap, and do something which is -25 scrap, you end up only with 0, not -10.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
Harachai

Postby Harachai » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

Added a file to download