[MOD][WIP] FTL textos en español, BETA 5

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
tonxabar

[MOD][WIP] FTL textos en español, BETA 5

Postby tonxabar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm

FTL Spanish localization finished HERE!!
¡¡Traducción española FTL terminada AQUÍ!!

INTRO
Anyone interested in a Spanish translation? ;) This is my homage to a lovely game that has sunken so many hours in it. Now I'm going to use this post to upload my text translation work, and try to ask for help.
¿Tenéis interés en una traducción al castellano? ;) Éste es mi homenaje a un juego encantador en el que he empleado montones de horas. Ahora voy a usar este post para subir el trabajo de traducción de textos, y para intentar pedir ayuda.

-"Choose your own Adventure" Style: choices are written in first person.
-"Elige Tu Propia Aventura": Las elecciones están escritas en primera persona.

-Neutral Gender: Are you a Captain She? No problem! You won't notice the game referring to you as male or female... Every phrase was written thinking as if my girl was playing it, so, feel it! Be attached to your crew! Enjoy the Captain's Chair!!
-Género Neutro: ¿Eres una Capitana? ¡No hay problema! No notarás que el juego te habla como hombre o mujer... Todas las frases fueron escritas pensando que mi chica lo estaba jugando, así que, ¡disfrútalo! ¡Tómale cariño a tu tripulación! ¡Disfruta de la Silla del Capitán!

FILES / ARCHIVOS
The Spanish L10n has moved to this post (v.FINAL):
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14476

PROBLEMS / ¡¡¡#*@%€~!!!
I'm having difficulties with the new version of Grognaks' Mod Manager (V1.7), the previous one (v1.6) let me to mod the game without problems :?
Tengo dificultades con la nueva versión de Grognaks' Mod Manager (V1.7), la anterior (v1.6) me dejó modificar el juego sin problemas :?

First thing, UTF-8 error. I saved again the files as ANSI, but the error is still there!
Help??
Primer error en GMM: UTF-8. Salvé de nuevo los archivos codificados como ANSI, ¡pero el error sigue ahí! ¿Ayuda??

Does someone know how/where to modify the name extension zone of installed weapons?? The spanish names are longer...
¿Alguien sabe cómo modificar la extensión del campo del nombre de las armas instaladas?? Los nombres españoles suelen ser más largos...

Translated game's text files / Archivos de texto traducidos (21/21):
* achievements.xml
* autoblueprints.xml
* blueprints.xml (¿fallan parte de los acentos? raro, problema de codificación del juego)
* events.xml NEW!!
* events_boss.xml
* events_crystal.xml
* events_engi.xml
* events_fuel.xml
* events_mantis.xml
* events_nebula.xml
* events_pirate.xml
* events_rebel.xml
* events_rock.xml NEW!!
* events_ships.xml NEW!!
* events_slug.xml NEW!!
* events_zoltan.xml NEW!!
* nameEvents.xml
* names.xml
* newEvents.xml
*sector_data.xml
*tooltips.xml

-TODO / Por hacer:
* Investigate how to use ".append" files.
Investigar cómo usar archivos ".append".
* Wrong size of installed weapons and enemy ship types names.
Tamaño incorrecto de nombres de armas instaladas y de tipos de naves enemigas.

Please, if you have anything to comment, criticize, or give me an advice, drop me a line here!
Por favor, si tenéis algo que comentar, criticar, o aconsejar, ¡dadme un toque aquí!

Code: Select all

<!-----------------
Changelog / Cambios
------------------->
BETA 5: ¡¡Todos traducidos!! Ahora, a limar asperezas...
BETA 4: Añadido events_rock.xml.
        Próxima frontera... EVENTS.XML, el archivo más tocho y enorme de textos en FTL!!!
BETA 3: Añadidos events_ship.xml + events_slug.xml.
BETA 2: Corregidos varios fallos señalados por VANVAN. (Gracias!!)
        Añadido events_zoltan.xml.
BETA 1: Versión inicial.
<!-----
English
------->
These are the game texts localized in Spanish for the "FTL" game, currently for the v1.03.1.
It contains all the translatable text files from the original game.
This is my homage to a lovely game that has given me so many hours of joy.

How to use:
1. You need to have installed the "Grognak's Mod Manager" (GMM v1.6).
2. Put this .ftl file into the /mods folder (Windows/Linux), or into the ~/Documents/FTL Mods folder (Mac OS X).
3. Install it opening GMM, select it, and hit the button labeled "Patch." Select other mods that you want, too.
<!-----
Spanish
------->
Éstos son los textos del juego traducidos al castellano del juego "FTL", actualmente para su versión 1.03.1.
Contiene todos los archivos de texto traducibles del juego original, traducidos.
Éste es mi homenaje a un juego encantador que me ha dado tantas horas de deleite.

Cómo usarlo:
1. Debéis tener instalado el "Grognak's Mod Manager" (GMM v1.6).
2. Pon el archivo .ftl en la carpeta /mods (Windows/Linux), o en la carpeta ~/Documents/FTL Mods (Mac OS X).
3. Instálalo abriendo GMM, elígelo y pulsa el botón "Patch." Elige también otros mods que quieras usar.
Last edited by tonxabar on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:00 am, edited 15 times in total.
tonxabar

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL en español

Postby tonxabar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Strange thing... I've updated the game to v1.03.1 and there are many buttons that don't show as in v1.01...

The images are the same as before (i.e. EASY button on and off, NAME, etc), I've copied the content from the old file, and pasted inside the "new" one, but with no luck.

Any advice? Thanks!
boa13

Postby boa13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:28 am

I you have modded the game before you upgrade FTL, then the game data file can get corrupted when you install mods in the new version. The mod manager uses data from the old data files and injects it in the new data files, which is incorrect.

You have to make sure that everything in the FTL directory is totally clean before you upgrade FTL, and then you can start installing mods again.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
tonxabar

Postby tonxabar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi, boa13, More Strange Things!

v1.01 was installed in D:\Faster Than Light (and is still working... I use to install my modded games in new directories, to be extra careful)
v.1.03.1 was installed in brand new D:\FTL, working visually bad with the mod, but doing perfectly when uninstalling it...

Even I checked via the "resource.dat-unpacked" folder the name, extension, image type and size, and picked from the whole new folder a couple of files as test subjects, but with the same problem.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I approach the modding stuff incorrectly? This is what I did in first place:

-I took this folder: "D:\FTL\resources\resource.dat-unpacked\img" and made a backup copy to work with it. When I finished, I used winrar to pack it as a .zip file (normal compression) changing the extension to .ftl . That is entirely managed by Grognak's Mod Manager.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with 1.03.1 (?)
Specs: XP Pro SP3
Thanks for your fast responses.

P.S. I could make a non-working files list to post if this helps someone to solve the problem...
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am

Having not used mods myself, I'm afraid I cannot help you on those specific questions.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
tonxabar

Postby tonxabar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:45 pm

I made it!!

Solution to images not seen: the image weight (in kb) must be the same (more or less) than the original.
(My image software was in automatic saving, and thus reducing the kb size of resulting image, not in 32 bit).

I'm going to paste again those wrong images and update the .rar file! :mrgreen:

BTW, I started the translation on the xml files. :)

Some of them use the c&cnew font, that includes the expanded characters (áéíóú ñ) and a strange ¿ (it is not a ? rotated 360º, its an inverted ?...). Those are OK.

Some of them still use the JustinFont# 7 to 12 that doesn't include them, so I'm going to ask the developers to support them in the next patch. Hope they'll heed my plea... :cry:
cloudsefi

Postby cloudsefi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm

wow amazing !!

I'm await for the version 2.0 thanks for the job !!
Vanvan

Postby Vanvan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:23 am

En el último sector, si vas al mapa tienes la opción de esperar y "pasar un turno", el botón de "espera" solo se ve si pasas por encima el puntero del ratón. ¿No sería mejor que se viera siempre?

Muchas gracias por el curro y animo con la parte que te falta.

Un saludo
tonxabar

Postby tonxabar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Ok, Vanvan, tomo nota de ello... es un error en la codificación de la imagen (debería estar en 32bits de color, ya me pasó antes con muchas imágenes y me dio quebraderos de cabeza).

Sigo trabajando en la traducción simple, aunque tengo un escollo con los archivos ".append", no he comprendido cómo funcionan todavía.

Saludos a todos.

EDIT: El botón al que te refieres creo que es el original WAIT, también se ve cuando te quedas sin combustible y esperas turnos para que alguien te llegue a rescatar o vender combustible. La versión original pesa unos 3Kb, la que yo incluí (ALTO) 1,48Kb. Como dije, ahí está el error... Lo subsano en seguida.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Really good job there, muy buen trabajo!! me alegra ver que la gente se anima a realizar traducciones a la lengua de Cervantes xD. ¿O es español-latino?

Solo me queda animarte para que sigas con la traducción, si necesitas algun consejo (por si no sabes la traduccion de alguna palabra u otra cosa) aqui somos varios los que hablamos español.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage