And That's It For Now.

>Download Closed FOR NOW!<

Bye- :roll:
MinegamingIIPro Mod Maker
Kieve

Re: [Mod-WIP] FTL Upgraded

Postby Kieve » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

MineGamingIIPro wrote:This Mod IS In Dev ... You Are Free TO GIVE IDEAS! :P

Idea: Post specifics about what you plan on "upgrading" or improving, what adjustments you're making to existing content, and how you plan on implementing your changes.

MineGamingIIPro wrote:+ More Ships
+ Texture Packs
> Weapon Textures

+More Enemy ships or more player ships? You can replace player ships in the hangar but can't create new ones beyond the 18 available. Hardcoded limitation.
+Texture Packs for the GUI, or something else? Be forewarned, there's a lot of fiddly little textures that make up the GUI - more now that they have a 'color-blind' mode in v1.03 - and it's very time-consuming work changing them all. Perhaps more ambitious than you realize
--Of course, if you mean for backgrounds and ships, this is significantly easier. There's already two very high-quality mods that replace background graphics, and ship recolors aren't difficult at all. What are you bringing to the table that sets your mod apart from theirs?
>Weapon Textures... changed, if I'm reading your post's key right. Changed how? New sprites, different colors? Again, there's already a mod that does this - I'm not saying that's a reason not to continue, but show us why yours is different | better.

My sincerest apologies if this seems excessively harsh.

I'm not here to tear you down, and there's quite a few folks on the board now who're quite capable of helping you out with ideas, debugging, fixing graphical issues, shipbuilding - you name it. There's also a healthy chunk of stuff (like augment functions and crew racial abilities) that are hardcoded into the game itself and can't be changed by current modding methods. The lack of any specifics, suggestions, or content in your post suggests to me that your current idea is "make something big and impressive," and that you have no clue what is/isn't possible.

My only current suggestion for you is, edit your OP, beef up the post, and show us that you have some ideas of your own beyond vague brain-vapors.
MineGamingIIPro

Re: [Mod-WIP] FTL Upgraded NEWS

Postby MineGamingIIPro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Development Update For 3/1/12

Both The Player And Enemy Ships.
Textures Are Changing The UI.

> Changed The Music Theme (Soundtrack is not for download :| )
!NOTICE!
FTL Modders Needed

To Apply

Post With

Name:

That's it for now.
Bye!
------------------
Tim (MineGamingIIPro)
Mod Developer
MineGamingIIPro

Postby MineGamingIIPro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Kieve wrote:
MineGamingIIPro wrote:This Mod IS In Dev ... You Are Free TO GIVE IDEAS! :P

Idea: Post specifics about what you plan on "upgrading" or improving, what adjustments you're making to existing content, and how you plan on implementing your changes.

MineGamingIIPro wrote:+ More Ships
+ Texture Packs
> Weapon Textures

+More Enemy ships or more player ships? You can replace player ships in the hangar but can't create new ones beyond the 18 available. Hardcoded limitation.
+Texture Packs for the GUI, or something else? Be forewarned, there's a lot of fiddly little textures that make up the GUI - more now that they have a 'color-blind' mode in v1.03 - and it's very time-consuming work changing them all. Perhaps more ambitious than you realize
--Of course, if you mean for backgrounds and ships, this is significantly easier. There's already two very high-quality mods that replace background graphics, and ship recolors aren't difficult at all. What are you bringing to the table that sets your mod apart from theirs?
>Weapon Textures... changed, if I'm reading your post's key right. Changed how? New sprites, different colors? Again, there's already a mod that does this - I'm not saying that's a reason not to continue, but show us why yours is different | better.

My sincerest apologies if this seems excessively harsh.

I'm not here to tear you down, and there's quite a few folks on the board now who're quite capable of helping you out with ideas, debugging, fixing graphical issues, shipbuilding - you name it. There's also a healthy chunk of stuff (like augment functions and crew racial abilities) that are hardcoded into the game itself and can't be changed by current modding methods. The lack of any specifics, suggestions, or content in your post suggests to me that your current idea is "make something big and impressive," and that you have no clue what is/isn't possible.

My only current suggestion for you is, edit your OP, beef up the post, and show us that you have some ideas of your own beyond vague brain-vapors.

I Agree and you weren't harse.
MineGamingIIPro

Postby MineGamingIIPro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

News:

None

(taking a 3 week break :oops: )
shark

Postby shark » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:06 pm

...... :lol:

oh my god, this thread is pure gold. so we have to SEND IN A RESUME before posting? Don't mind if I use this instead of emailing a CV draft :oops: , after all, I have to look professional for you. 8-)

Which part of mod development will you be tackling? :) Promotion/marketing? You're gonna make a website for it?
Lemme tell you something Red Alert 2 modding taught me - just because you pretend you're a business and have bureocratic steps in your recruitment and have the will, the drive and the talent to make the website your team will congregate around - doesn't make you a mod developer at all. :cry:

You even made a LEGEND to further explain what these release notes mean. :roll: Release notes for... the future release I presume? :) You didn't even went the route most of us did - which was to try out shit, and roll out a mod around a few changes. This sounds like a start of a community mod, and most if not all of them are doomed to fail because it's gonna be a mod made for the most vocal in the community and not the ones that spend the most time playing the game.

You do not become a mod developer by saying "i'm making a mod, gimme ideas" ... you become a mod developer by having the idea so great that it powers your strive and hunger to find the place where it happens and solve it and make it happen. By clawing thru the game until you find the spot you were looking for, misfigure it beyond recognition and appreciate the beauty some people will see in it. These people will likely be your core following community and you should try to cater to their needs as well, even if it borderline breaks some of your ideas. The rest that say it's a misfigured abortion that should never had happened is just "the rest of the community" and you should grow a thick skin towards those.

*felt obligated to use all these different smileys to keep consistent with my resume.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:55 pm

Sure, shark, everything you just said is correct.

If we're gonna keep things professional, though, don't necro just to be a dick.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 am

Alright, I think this nonsense has about run its course.