Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
MeGusta90

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby MeGusta90 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Guess we gotta wait for an update
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm very sorry guys for the massive delay.

As for the compatibility, I've had issues with non windows os. Since I only have a windows machine it's pretty much impossible for me to narrow down what the issue is without help from you guys.

When I tried to run the mod in the latest version 1.03.3 it crashed after clicking Start. So I've started going through each file and each event to find the problem. This is time consuming, but mostly I just haven't dedicated enough time to work on this. I figured with FTL Overdrive this mod would become obsolete, so I wasn't sure how much more time I wanted to put in. However, I would like to at least get one more working version out that includes the final events that Whoopty worked on.

FYI, the mod isn't completely dead, and I will do my best to get the next version out sooner than later.
eevpix

Postby eevpix » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:04 pm

I can get the mod to run without the high res backgrounds on Windows 7. Not sure if this is relevant, but on the initial chat box once it has started, the part that says "Drone Artwork" says "New Drone Artworkt" then is followed by a rapidly changing random set of characters. Not sure if this is intended or not.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 pm

DrkTemplar wrote:I'm very sorry guys for the massive delay.
(...)
FYI, the mod isn't completely dead, and I will do my best to get the next version out sooner than later.

Nice to hear that, no need to sorry, and enormous "thank you" for awesome work on this great idea.

As for the compatibility, I've had issues with non windows os. Since I only have a windows machine it's pretty much impossible for me to narrow down what the issue is without help from you guys.

DrkTemplar wrote:When I tried to run the mod in the latest version 1.03.3 it crashed after clicking Start. So I've started going through each file and each event to find the problem. This is time consuming, but mostly I just haven't dedicated enough time to work on this. I figured with FTL Overdrive this mod would become obsolete, so I wasn't sure how much more time I wanted to put in. However, I would like to at least get one more working version out that includes the final events that Whoopty worked on.

Pelase, don't discard this mod due to Overdrive - while I'm also very positive on that little beast, there is still no guaranty, that it will ever be finished to completed state. I hope so, but it would be silly to lose TWO great projects, in case ONE of them fail to deliver.

/Estel
Psykfall

Postby Psykfall » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Downloaded and installed this mod yesterday. It is almost scary how addictive this game is together with infinite space. Anyways, I got this (SPOILERS) Water Generator. It does not have any description and I wonder what I am supposed to do with it.
Thanks for the mod btw :D
civilizedAustin

Postby civilizedAustin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 pm

How did you get it to work without crashing on START ?
Domo91

Postby Domo91 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:33 pm

I hope this Mod is up and running soon. I only got to play it a few times before FTL updated :( Such a fun MOD. DrkTemplar, you rock!
Tobias Is Queen

Postby Tobias Is Queen » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 am

Hey, I just made a profile to post here because of how awesome this mod is! Very challenging, but in a good way. I've never felt it necessary to accept so many surrenders during the normal game! I hope you continue to work on this DrkTemplar, it's really great!

I did have one bug today. It was the same as Lewis1264 where I tried to wait in line and it kicked me out. Sad face. Still, I'm glad I know that I can get around that by not waiting in line.

Anyways, I'm not gonna let a crash keep me from playing this awesome game!
MeGusta90

Postby MeGusta90 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:34 pm

What sick type of sorcery did you people do to get this mod to work?

Damn you FTL UPDATE!

*shakes fist in air* DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUUU!
Jaiden

Postby Jaiden » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:27 am

Crashes whenever I click start. I've been told FTL updated recently. Are we waiting on a hotfix?