[MOD][WIP]Infinite Space 2

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [MOD][WIP]Infinite Space 2

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 am

igrekov wrote:I've already tried deleting and reinstalling the game through Steam and made sure that an unmodified/unpatched version still ran on my machine; it did. Tried re-patching but to no success. Can't even play the "vanilla" version without uninstalling/reinstalling again, it seems like this new Infinite Space version permanently overwrites the normal version.

:?: Try this: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102&start=160#p64183

If that fixes the problems with patching, then you can try version 0.5.3 again with a patch I made back in January that fixes some of the crashing issues that 0.5.3 has: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542&start=950#p65962

xlandar wrote:the version 5.3 was removed because of massive game breaking bugs. we have no idea why this is happening, and english narwhal is working on the problem. remember, Infinite space 2 is still a WIP, and it is far from completion.

You seem confused. There is no version 5.3, but there is a 0.5.3, and it wasn't removed. There is no link for Infinite Space 2, so I'm pretty sure that is the version that was removed.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:47 am

oops, sorry i mean't 0.5.3.
as for the download, english narwhal did add a version for a short period of time, but he removed it very quickly because it had massive gamebreaking bugs.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 am

I just downloaded 0.5.4 to take a quick look at it. That thing is definitely broken and won't work.

Somehow, the events.xml and sector_data.xml lost their .append extension. That's going to cause quite a bit of vanilla information to go missing.

As for Infinite Space 2, I never had a chance to see it. I don't know if this is the same reason it was broken or if something else made it more broken.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
igrekov

Postby igrekov » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'll test it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

So yes, I apparently was confused, but I'm pretty sure I was running 0.5.2 at first and it still would randomly crash (there didn't seem to be a specific trigger, whether it was in battle, traveling between sectors, or in stores). Hence why I went on a search for a more updated version, though apparently that was a bad idea with the whole WIP thing.

Definitely not complaining, just wanted to see if anybody else had the same problem. Thanks again for the help!
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:53 pm

igrekov wrote:Thanks for the responses, guys! I'll test it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

So yes, I apparently was confused, but I'm pretty sure I was running 0.5.2 at first and it still would randomly crash (there didn't seem to be a specific trigger, whether it was in battle, traveling between sectors, or in stores). Hence why I went on a search for a more updated version, though apparently that was a bad idea with the whole WIP thing.

Definitely not complaining, just wanted to see if anybody else had the same problem. Thanks again for the help!

I looked through it, and those issues you are happening are on your side, crashes and all- but I'm not entirely sure. More work will have to be done.

As for Infinite Space 2, by MASSIVE gamebreaking bugs, I mean that the game would crash on most events for no apparent reason.
gamer52599

Postby gamer52599 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

hay i got a question where can i get the latest version all i see is the legacy versions
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:48 pm

gamer52599 wrote:hay i got a question where can i get the latest version all i see is the legacy versions

The latest version will be out when I am confident that it is safe to use.
Whoopty

Postby Whoopty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 am

Quick update for those interested in the end-game meta quests in Infinite Space, I've written up most of it now, which means the dummy augmentations now have a purpose.

Still need them to be implemented, but should mean that future versions of this mod will give you a real ending if you want one.
Kastev

Postby Kastev » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:15 pm

So, this mod isn't dead is it?

Because Infinite Space was my most favorite mod for FTL.

The Captains Edition mod that had a different Infinite Space just didn't click right with me
Whoopty

Postby Whoopty » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:42 pm

No it certainly isn't. Narwhal got distracted by a new game as far as I know, but he's still working on it. I'll give him a poke and make sure he does an update shortly.

As for my end of things, I've written up the last few events so when Narwhal gets them implemented Infinite Space 2 will have a definitive end, but it's entirely optional. It's designed so that those who manage to make an impossibly powerful ship have something else to do.