[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Michlo

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.91 18th Dec] Open sou

Postby Michlo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Oops, it isn't part of the original Kestral floating nearby, it is the ship's weapons.

Cheers.
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm trying to select the folders where my data.dat and resource.dat are extracted (Grognak's mod manager already unpacked those for me, so I don't need FTLDat). However, I have no clue how to set them. When I go to the options screen. I can browse to them or even paste the paths, but there is no way I can accept that, the only two other buttons are meant to donwload and use FTLDat, and closing the window cancels my selection. It's really frustrating to be honest. Is there no way to manually specify those folders?
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 pm

After you've chosen the path, just close it. Have you chosen the file the extracted files are in or have you selected the extracted files? Because you need to do the latter.
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:51 pm

DCChuckles wrote:After you've chosen the path, just close it. Have you chosen the file the extracted files are in or have you selected the extracted files? Because you need to do the latter.

I have selected the path where the extracted files are (there's many files, obviously; for example, in the decompressed data.dat folder has "achievements.xml", "animations.xml" and so on). No matter what folder I select, if I close the window and try to do anything the program complains that it can't find the files in the default folder (i.e. FTL Ship Editor/Data/Blueprints).

At this point I'm tempted to copy the entire folder where the default path is, it might be easier.
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:55 pm

DCChuckles wrote:After you've chosen the path, just close it. Have you chosen the file the extracted files are in or have you selected the extracted files? Because you need to do the latter.

I have selected the path where the extracted files are (there's many files, obviously; for example, in the decompressed data.dat folder has "achievements.xml", "animations.xml" and so on). No matter what folder I select, if I close the window and try to do anything the program complains that it can't find the files in the default folder (i.e. FTL Ship Editor/Data/Blueprints).

At this point I'm tempted to copy the entire folder where the default path is, it might be easier.
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Hmm :/ Not sure what the problem is then. To do it I just click the data.dat-unpacked and resource.dat-unpacked folders and click ok, and that usually works.
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:32 pm

DCChuckles wrote:Hmm :/ Not sure what the problem is then. To do it I just click the data.dat-unpacked and resource.dat-unpacked folders and click ok, and that usually works.

There IS no OK button in the settings dialog for me. Or do you mean in the folder selection screen? It does work, but does nothing once I close the settings screen.
I ended up just copying the folders to where the editor expects them by default, and that worked.
Tekidek

Postby Tekidek » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Installed this, loaded data and resource, when I click to Load/Create ship, look what happens:

There's no buttons lol, please help me :cry: :oops:
Kaelik

Postby Kaelik » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm

No matter what I do, every time I attempt to open any ship blueprint of any kind, the program immediately encounters a problem and shuts down.
lavajci

Postby lavajci » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm

I have a suggestion, one I feel would be unbelievably beneficial for everyone; someone whom can use this program well should make a video tutorial (maybe a little series of them) showing how to edit existing ships, make customs, put them in game, edit the files by hand, etc.