first properly spliced ship

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
xlandar

Re: first properly spliced ship

Postby xlandar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Ora_unit_SR388 wrote:So this splice seems to be going great! The only problem I have with it new is the fact that it seems so unbalanced. The engines just kinda look big. Still your work with the cockpit looks nice.

i've made a few major changes that i believe makes it look better, but the engines do look really big. unfortunately, i've done so much work on this already there is not much i can do. :( i might try and extend the front out a bit more, but we'll see.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 pm

alright, here it is. i believe this is going to be the final version of the ship, with a few possible color scheme changes (and a type B). hope you guys like it!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 pm

I definitely do! Looks really fast now. Great job! :)

(oops, glow outlines of the recently changed hull parts are still there, you might want to remove these and add a new glow for the entire ship. Drop shadow in gimp works well for that... ;) )
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am

oh yeah... oops. i'll do that. gonna start work on a type be and some gibs now! :D
What type of ship do you guys think this should be? it's going to definitely have lots of engines and a teleporter ( i will explain why) but what do you think it should have in the form of weapons?
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:13 pm

xlandar wrote:oh yeah... oops. i'll do that. gonna start work on a type be and some gibs now! :D
What type of ship do you guys think this should be? it's going to definitely have lots of engines and a teleporter ( i will explain why) but what do you think it should have in the form of weapons?

It could be an Infiltrator-like ship. Cloak, quickly get behind enemy lines, cause distruptions harmless to the ship and take it intact etc. And for that it should mostly have Ion weapons and custom no-hull-damage weapons like RAD-82's shield piercing, system damaging "Hacking Beam". You could also make a CE version of the ship, I'd love to spam effectors on my foes!
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:46 pm

an Infiltrator is a good idea actually, i don't think i'm going to do that for the vanilla ship, but i will make a CE version with effectors.
_Leguan12_

Postby _Leguan12_ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:08 pm

You could do an Ion beam (based on glaive beam) that ionizes most of the enemys systems for about 4 seconds :D
(recharge time 10sec)
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 pm

_Leguan12_ wrote:You could do an Ion beam (based on glaive beam) that ionizes most of the enemys systems for about 4 seconds :D
(recharge time 10sec)

Ion beams go through shields no matter what.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 pm

agigabyte wrote:
_Leguan12_ wrote:You could do an Ion beam (based on glaive beam) that ionizes most of the enemys systems for about 4 seconds :D
(recharge time 10sec)

so? why should that matter?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 pm

xlandar wrote:
agigabyte wrote:
(recharge time 10sec)

so? why should that matter?

Balancing, they also ionize all layers of shields.