[MOD] Gumpmod (Rebellious Rebels with some extra scrap)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ForrestGump

[MOD] Gumpmod (Rebellious Rebels with some extra scrap)

Postby ForrestGump » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 pm

This is my first mod and its a simple one.

At the start of the game the rebel fleet will be delayed by 10 turns and you will get a sub-space radio message flavor text explaining the situation. You will also find a ruined ship at the start of the game and harvest it for materials.

At each sector end that is not within a nebula and not already occupied by the rebel fleet you will find a ruined ship and harvest it for materials (this bonus basically only triggers at sector exit beacons that are considered 'empty space').

At the start of regular civilian sectors (not including engi or any ally sectors, only sectors named 'Civillian Sector') the rebel fleet will be delayed by 10 turns and you will get a sub-space radio message flavor text explaining the situation. You will also find a ruined ship at this point in time.

So basically, once in a while (average 2-3 times per full playthough) you will get a 10 turn bonus delay on rebel fleet progress. You will also find a few extra empty ships at the above-explained locations that you will harvest for materials.

The intention of this mod was to make the game a little more forgiving. Its still very playable. I did not want to "break" the game itself, simply allow further exploration of some sectors and grant some extra scrap/materials once in a while. I feel I found a good balance with the way I did it here.

Again this is just my first mod, something simple to get me into it.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions.

Download(v2): http://fgnet.org/dk/thegumpmodpubv2.ftl

Install: Install this mod using GMM.

Compatibility: This mod appends to events.xml, adding changes to "START_GAME", "START_BEACON" and "FINISH_BEACON". This mod may not be compatible with other mods that append changes to these events.

Changelog:
v2:
- Added shipwreck at sector end points that are in otherwise empty space
- Modified rewards to be materials and scrap instead of just scrap

v1:
- Initial release
StormySunrise

Re: [MOD] Gumpmod (Rebellious Rebels with some extra scrap)

Postby StormySunrise » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 am

Can you add mediafire Download? when i click the DL Link all that pops up is a page with your mod Script on it
ForrestGump

Re: [MOD] Gumpmod (Rebellious Rebels with some extra scrap)

Postby ForrestGump » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 am

StormySunrise wrote:Can you add mediafire Download? when i click the DL Link all that pops up is a page with your mod Script on it

Strange, works for most people just fine.

Try right clicking and saving the file using the context menu.

Guess it depends on what internet browser you're using.