[SHIPS] Lanius' Experimental Weapons and Cruisers

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIPS] Lanius' Experimental Weapons and Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:01 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION, AS IT USES HIDDEN AUGMENTS (also edited copies of them). IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED TO BE PLAYED WITH MULTIVERSE, BUT YOU DO YOU, I WON'T STOP YOU.

Yes, I'm still alive and I intend on releasing even more work, it's just that I took an unexpected break. Also this is the first time I've animated something with moving parts. This time I present you some new Lanius cruisers with new weapons that (ab)use some AE mechanics.
More details about these ships: all three ships come with no installable O2 and all your crew will never suffocate, excluding that rare 1 HP loss when starting the game. They also have an installable Artillery system if you use my Artillery Enabler mod (the link will take you to my post with everything I've made so far), so feel free to try them.
I've mentioned new weapons, here's what I've made so far:

Chain Laser Charger
Power required: 3
Cost: 65
Rarity: 3
Attack: 1-3 lasers, dealing 1-3 damage each, 10% fire chance.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Basically a beefed up version of the Laser Charger, other than having an extra chargable shot, it also increases the damage dealt the more it fires.

Heavy Chain Laser
Cost: 70
Rarity: 3
Attack: 2 lasers, dealing 2 damage each, 30% fire chance, 30% beach chance, 20% stun chance.
Cooldown: 16/13.5/11/8.5/6 seconds.
The union between a Chain Laser and a Heavy Laser II, with an extra chain step mixed in.

CoolChain Ion Blast Mark I
Power required: 2
Cost: 50
Rarity: 2
Attack: 1 ion blast, dealing 1 ion damage, 20% stun chance.
Cooldown: 10/8/6/4 seconds.
My approach on a Chain Ion weapon, instead of focusing on the ion damage dealt, I took the speed approach. Also it will fire at the same rate as the Ion Blast II once full chain is reached.

Chain Flak Mark I
Power required: 2
Cost: 75
Attack: 3 large debris acting as decoys plus 2 medium and 1 small debris all fired at once with a radius of 42, each medium and small debris deals 1 damage.
Cooldown: 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds.
Imagine improving a trash launcher so that it drowns the enemy with trash faster every time it fires. And this isn't even its final form.

CoolChain Ion Blast Mark II
Cost: 80
Rarity: 4
Attack: 1 ion blast, dealing 1 ion damage, 20% stun chance.
Cooldown: 13/10.9/8.8/6.7/4.6/2.5 seconds.
Yes, I've made an Ion Vulcan. Yes, it becomes faster than the Ion Blast II. Yes, it isn't the only Vulcan-styled weapon, but I got lazy and cut on 3 other Vulcan-styled weapons.

Chain Flak Mark II
Cost: 40
Attack: 5 large debris acting as decoys plus 3 medium and 2 small debris all fired at once with a radius of 48, each medium and small debris deals 1 damage.
Cooldown: 13/10.7/8.4/6.1/3.8/1.5 seconds.
Behold: the Flak Vulcan! It also has something in the weapon animation that makes it look like a shotgun, which is actually what the Flak weapons in the vanilla name are actually named as in the code itself.

And now onto the ships, all three of them start with 5 missiles and 5 drone parts.

Basically a Lanius cruiser made by the Federation, hence the hull color and lights. Also the Artillery is a beam that will deal more damage the more it fires. There's not much to say about the ship.

It's just an upgraded version of The Kruos, the name and the loadout of the ship shows that. Nothing else to say, other than the fact that the Artillery is a Burst Laser III that will deal more damage the more it fires (I know, so original).

What better way to destroy enemies than using two Flak weapons that gets faster and faster? A Flak Artillery that is just a Flak II that will deal more damage in systemless rooms, even though I wanted to make it fire faster, but the game said "Nope".

People who played the ships:
Rand118
- 1.0 Lanius C Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqkY9vaLGIo
- 1.0 Lanius A Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVMdSDWcuy8
- 1.0 Lanius B Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spRXYSFgSE

This time around nothing else changed, so here's the download link, GLHF ^_^
v 1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xxgwVJJ1RMN9OQjX1AOk3cJtlaMf5gF3/view?usp=sharing

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 1.0: initial release.