[SHIP] Project Eight Arms

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIP] Project Eight Arms

Postby porcu93 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:24 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION, AS IT USES HIDDEN AUGMENTS (also edited copies of them). IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED TO BE PLAYED WITH MULTIVERSE, BUT YOU DO YOU, I WON'T STOP YOU.

Well then, another single ship mod by me, this time it's all about having lots of weapons at your disposal in a ship smaller than usual, so small you can have at most 5 crew on the ship. And for this ship I don't have lore or stuff like that, but the ship has some interesting quirks thanks to Hyperspace. Anyway, here's the ship:

This small craft starts like a mini-mirror version of the Flagship, in terms of weaponry, and can support up to 8 weapons if you manage to get the scrap and enough reactor power for them (so pray RNGesus). Also, ignore that "ghost" crew, he's there just so I don't make this an auto-ship. All this extra weaponry, however, comes at the cost of having some system levels capped to a lower point, but you should be able to do some extra crew quests (Kazaak). And given that the ship has lots of 1x1 room, beams and flak may be a pain to deal with, so the starting 5 crew you'll receive will have all skills at level 1, plus you get a free 100% shield recharge boost and a free 100% FTL drive jump boost, with 45 HP on the ship. You can't install Hacking because you have guns, Drone Control because you have guns, and Teleporter because you will need the crew on board of your ship. Also, the weapons 5 to 8 are meant to not move when powered, it's not a bug.

Now, here's a more detailed list of the changes I've made:
- the Weapon Control system can be upgraded to level 16, the upgrade costs from level 5+ are 10-15-20-25-30-40-50-60-75-90-105-120, and remember to not autofire slots 5 to 8 or the game will crash;
- the Drone Control system can't be installed, has been given a cost of 10000 (plus whatever the game decides to add) and if installed will crash the game;
- the Teleporter system and Hacking system have been given a rarity of 0 to avoid finding them in stores;
- the augments Drone Recovery Arm, Hacking Stun and Reconstructive Teleport have been given a rarity of 0 to avoid finding them in stores and/or receiving them as rewards;
- the Engines system has a level cap of 5;
- the Shields system has a level cap of 7, which means the ship can have at most 3 shield layers with an extra hit point;
- the Backup Battery subsystem has a level cap of 3, with the second upgrade costing 70 and the installation costs being 30;
- the ship has 45 HP to counter the various 1x1 rooms problem generated by beams and flaks and comes with a 100% shield recharge boost plus a 100% FTL Jump drive boost, both as hidden augments;
- via the starting event, your starting crew will be a Slug, a Zoltan, a Rock, an Engi and a Mantis, all with every skill at level 1, you decide were to place them.

People who played the ships:
Rand118:
- v 1.1 Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIa3dG6QH30

And with all the boring explanation done, here's the download link, enjoy ^_^
v 1.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19WEMTK3x4HhNpFn-a1Op5Dgn-hkBbLUK/view?usp=sharing
v 1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1-77ngFTV3wiweR_e8ngdJ9Ff6R_0oK/view?usp=sharing
v 1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aZfTarijgqJgOFXnzNjaU6OUvLw1Shc7/view?usp=sharing

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 1.2:
- fixed some typos plus some minor rewording in some places;
- increased the Backup Battery level cap to 3;
- changed the way the starting crew is given to avoid event cheesing if you don't fire the Ghost crew, the event chain now will use an augment.

v 1.1:
- redrawn the ship's hull, with the gibs and the miniship icon changed accordingly to the new hull;
- Mind Control and Oxygen have their level cap restored to 3;
- switched the Medbay/Clonebay and Mind Control systems position;
- the ship now starts with a Scrap Recovery Arm to help you gain more scrap for the weapons and the upgrades;
- the mod will now show a short description on Slipstream Mod Manager.

v 1.0: initial release.
Last edited by porcu93 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
porcu93

Re: [SHIP] Project Eight Arms

Postby porcu93 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:58 am

Finally took the time to update this one, I really didn't like the hull image, so I remade it. Also more changes, more info in the changelog.