[SHIP] Shieldless Stealth Bomber

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIP] Shieldless Stealth Bomber

Postby porcu93 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:21 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION, AS IT USES HIDDEN AUGMENTS (also edited copies of them). IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED TO BE PLAYED WITH MULTIVERSE, BUT YOU DO YOU, I WON'T STOP YOU.

You expected another ship pack with one of the ship slots as the theme, but instead you've got another thing, something inspired by R4V3-0N's Federation Defender mod, but my approach is more based on the "vanilla" side of things. This time there's only a single ship in this mod.

Lore: as soon as the Federation received the Zoltan Cruiser, many engineers tried to work on a Shields system capable of also deploying Zoltan shields, while a different group worked on improved versions of the Defense Drone II and the Anti-Drone drones in a parallel branch of development. Then the Rebellion happened, so they had to rush things. Unfortunately, the Shields system overcharged and no longer functions, and its room has been adapted to have a functional Drone Control for the two defensive drones the ship will use. Thankfully those who built the ship were bright minds and pushed for a resilience that rivals both the Rock Armor and the Titanium System Casing while also having a higher hull durability and resistance to ion blasts. The two drones worked wonderfully to complement the ship's toughness, with a faster shooting Defense Drone II and an Anti-Drone that had its weapon forcefully removed and replaced with a laser weapon which will instantly destroy enemy combat drones on a hit and, oddly enough, fires light blue lasers. Both of these drones can also dodge incoming projectiles. The ship has been outfitted with power conserving weapons, Long-Ranged Scanners and a Drone Recovery Arm that got stuck under the ship and can't be removed at all.

Enough with the lore, here are the two special drones that you definitely shouldn't sell and can't find on stores:

Anti-Combat Drone Destroyer
Power required: 1
Speed: 8
Dodge: 80%
Cooldown: 1.5 seconds
Cost: -200
Rarity: 0
Attack: laser which deals 1 damage to every incoming enemy drones, which will instantly destroy them.
Trivia: the drone's body is a mix between the Defense Drone and the Anti-Combat Drone, while the weapon is the Anti-Combat Done weapon forcefully opened and the central portion replaced with the weapon from the Defense Drone. The laser is blue because it still has bits form the ion weapon, but the shot will not deal ion damage.

Ultimate Defense Drone
Power required: 3
Speed:10
Dodge: 90%
Cooldown: 250 ms
Cost: -200
Rarity: 0
Attack: laser which deals 1 damage to every projectile and boarding drone targeting the ship.
Trivia: this is basically a stronger Defense Drone II, with a smaller body and a slimmer weapon with the lights being a bit longer.

Now, onto the ship: it has 4 gibs and starts with 5 missiles and 15 drones:

This ship comes with a hidden augment that will negate 80% of system damage and 50% of hull damage, a hidden Reverse Ion Field, an unsellable Drone Recovery Arm that uses one of the augment slots and a Long-Ranged Scanners. Because the ship can't install Shields (even if you cheat in the scrap), the HP has been increased to 45, even though you have the damage reduction augment, but trust me, this is balanced. The ship also has 4 weapon slots and 4 drone slots, but the fire power may be an issue for later sectors, this setup should be good enough for the first 2-3 sectors.
Given that you can't install Shields, I've given the ship cheaper Engines upgrade, the pricing from level 2 to level 8 is 5/10/20/35/50/70/90 instead of the vanilla 10/15/30/40/60/80/120.
Last but not least: technically the Shields system isn't installable because I've given it the install price of 10000 scrap for every single level bar and installation, but if you attempt to actually install the system by cheating in money, the game will crash because there's no room with the ID equal to -1. Don't worry, both the Shield Overcharger drone and Zoltan Shields will work as intended without crashing the game, I've tested it by having the drone deploy the supershield layer.

People who played the ships:
Rand118:
- v 1.2 Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrloRmKDpo

Other than the Engines upgrade price reduction, there's nothing else I've changed for this mod, so here's the download link, enjoy ^_^
v 1.2.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfeIlwH7HiN0lq_UWNTgDZ5IJS_2kVaz/view?usp=sharing
v 1.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Bmw1BBMPLvGyBQba3LA29cPDHuDNlJS/view?usp=sharing
v 1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N473j_a4wowQ5INVa4VKK2mWTsaTGcxd/view?usp=sharing

A big thank you to Laythe from the FTL Multiverse development team for giving me suggestions and feedback on the hull image.

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 1.2.1:
- fixed some typos plus some minor rewording in some places;
- removed the Shield Charge Booster from the pool of obtainable augments.

v 1.2:
- minor graphical changes to the hull, gibs and room images;
- 4 doors have been shifted to follow the new Weapons and Engines room image;
- rearranged some system positions;
- the mod will now show a short description on Slipstream Mod Manager.

v 1.1: fixed a blue option regarding the Ultimate Defense Drone.

v 1.0: initial release.
Last edited by porcu93 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
porcu93

Re: [SHIP] Shieldless Stealth Bomber

Postby porcu93 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 pm

v 1.1: I've just noticed I screwed up for a blue option, so I've fixed it... almost 1 month after the release.
porcu93

Re: [SHIP] Shieldless Stealth Bomber

Postby porcu93 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:38 pm

v 1.2: minor graphical changes and system layout rearrangement.