[SHIP] Star Wars Venator-class Star Destroyer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jord8

[SHIP] Star Wars Venator-class Star Destroyer

Postby Jord8 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:55 pm

The main Republic cruiser
An impressive and massive ship as replacement for Kestrel (A).

Yes the ship is a bit unbalanced. It's a god-damn CRUISER!

The ship has:
    - 40 HP (It's a god-damn CRUISER!)
    - 10 reactor power for start
    - Animated gibs (destruction parts)

Download link version 1.0

Known errors: The walls are a bit bugged (parts missing) but the automatic wall creator makes horrible ones, so I will have to make them by hand (will take a while). Also need to repair the cloaking. The Ship itself cloaks but an error image appears. Adding an image for hangar and score preview is on the list too.

Overall the mod should be working smoothly, I managed to finish the game with it quite easily (I recommend AE Hard difficulty).

Star Wars universe overhaul mod!
As I now got your attention. I am currently starting a whole mod placed in the Star Wars universe. This ship is just a survey. If people would be eager for such a modification. I have many ideas and my modding skills are getting better every day. I did some research and got some things prepared:
- Yes I know there is already a Star Wars mod (I made a post there recently). So you can read my aspirations there.
- I would like to come out of the original Star Wars mod made by The Swarm Lord. I tried to contact him, and now I am waiting for a response (he got some rly good features there especially the drones).
- I have prepared almost full list of player ships I would like to work on (It's going to destroy your OCD a bit sry for that). It goes from large → medium → small. Also, republic era → both eras → rebellion era (or at least it tries).
- I have some blank spots, and some ships might change too (here you can come in with ideas).
- I would like to expand the mod:
    - Make a better ship designs (I was given a contact on a rly good artist whom I would like to ask for permission to use his art).
    - Make a Death Star boss fight (so the mod made sense).
    - Make custom weapons and crews (this is currently the peak of my abilities).
    - Make custom events (At this point I would consider the game a full overhaul).
    - Make custom sound effects and visuals (just a bit of sprinkles on the top of the cake).

If you would like to see the new Star Wars mod give me a shout of encouragement in this thread. If you have some good ideas even better throw them onto the table! But the best of all would be if you would like to join me on this project! If then just message me or comment this thread... I can arrange everything and I can organize a group project. Any help is welcomed.

I will be awaiting your answer dear reader (even the negative ones) :) .
And this is just the begining!
maymoToTheBone

Re: [SHIP] Star Wars Venator-class Star Destroyer

Postby maymoToTheBone » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 pm

I've been hoping someone would make a new Star Wars overhaul! I don't have time to try the Venator right now unfortunately, but I will play it when I have the chance. I will watch your career with great interest!