[Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
AdmiralBilly

[Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Postby AdmiralBilly » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:12 am

(I posted this is Mod Development since it's WIP, but it's (more or less) perfectly functional currently so I suppose this is a more appropriate place...)

Hey everyone!

I went ahead and made a version of Superluminal 2 that works with FTL: Hyperspace (and its mods like Multiverse). It saves ships as ship packs and supports custom crew, among a few other misc changes. That being said, I'm a very inexperienced coder and there are almost guaranteed to be some bugs here and there, so please let me know if you come across one!

Because of the way it works, not only can you create new ship packs, but I think you can convert old ones too; simply patch your game with the ship mods installed or use the built in mod manager to add a .ftl file with the ship, load those ships, and change things as necessary (particularly things like the blueprint name and crew limit).

Simply download the zip and extract it to wherever you want it to live. In the Resources folder, the Race List for Vanilla is used by default; to use the other ones, simply rename one of them to "Race list.txt" (or create your own!). These lists are up to date as of Multiverse 3.5.3 and EH chapter 2 0.9.1.

I'm not the original developer of Superluminal, I simply used the source code; you can find the original post here: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=24901

If anyone has the knowhow to make a better version of this please let me know! My version is functional (I hope), but reeks of amateur code.

Known issues:

Probably avoid using the layout B/C buttons: I figured out how to read the .xml finally, however parsing that particular piece of data will take a little while!

Because of the way I made the program, it's *very* likely that Mac/Linux/32-bit Windows support is broken. If not, please let me know!

BETA 2 RELEASED!
Beta 2 fixes some of the glaring issues with the program's loading mechanism, so hyperspace features should load into the editor appropriately instead of only saving, with the exception of A/B/C slot.

BETA 3 RELEASED!
Beta 3 contains a very small code fix to fix a significant bug that is due to hyperspace not being able to decide how to format ship packs :L . This should fix the bug where having multiple ship packs creates duplicates ingame.

BETA 6 RELEASED!
Yeah ok I know it's a big jump, but I've been working on it with collaboration from the Multiverse discord and have made several updates that you guys will appreciate!

BETA 7 RELEASED!
It's been an eternity but I added a small update to fix some compatibilities with MV. More things might come soon but I *am* a bit busy, so we'll see.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ALjPk ... sp=sharing (make sure to also install 64 bit Java)
Last edited by AdmiralBilly on Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yorkshire-Man

Re: [Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Postby Yorkshire-Man » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:29 pm

good work will be trying this out pronto.
MrHoody

Postby MrHoody » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 am

Just tested with windows 32 bit, it currently doesn't work there.
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:39 pm

MrHoody wrote:Just tested with windows 32 bit, it currently doesn't work there.

Oh dear...I'm pretty sure I can make *all* platforms work if I figure out how to build it properly with the right dependencies, but I haven't yet unfortunately. I'm still trying though!
MrHoody

Postby MrHoody » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:31 am

That would be great if you had the time :)
Official_KP

Postby Official_KP » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:41 am

It is saying I downloaded the wrong version of the editor for my system and that I should download the version for Windows 32-bit. My pc is 64-bit.
Yorkshire-Man

Postby Yorkshire-Man » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:36 pm

Official_KP wrote:It is saying I downloaded the wrong version of the editor for my system and that I should download the version for Windows 32-bit. My pc is 64-bit.

try uninstalling java and making sure you have the 64bit version downloaded, worked for me.
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:14 am

Official_KP wrote:It is saying I downloaded the wrong version of the editor for my system and that I should download the version for Windows 32-bit. My pc is 64-bit.

Sorry for responding slowly.

For some reason, java installs 32-bit by default at all times. The way I fixed this myself is installing Java (offline) for windows 64 bit from their website, because the online installers automatically would grab the 32-bit version.

That being said I'm still trying to fix the rather silly crash to begin with, but yeah, java is being weird!
Chopper

Postby Chopper » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Love this works great. But i have one bug to post. A error that says "New augment must not be null". I would provide the log but i don't know where it is. Here is a link to a screenshot. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Chopper wrote:Love this works great. But i have one bug to post. A error that says "New augment must not be null". I would provide the log but i don't know where it is. Here is a link to a screenshot. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Hey Chopper! As far as I know, that occurs when trying to a file and you don't have the ship's custom races included in the race list.txt.

In this case, the default Race List.txt is only vanilla races, so make sure to change it to the included MV version! (just rename the default one to Race List Vanilla or something and renmae Race list MV to "Race list.txt")

On plan on changing it to read from the files, but that's a lot harder than it sounds and this allows you to include races you haven't actually made yet as long as you just put their (eventual) id in the file.