[Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
AdmiralBilly

Re: [Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Postby AdmiralBilly » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Chopper wrote:Love this works great. But i have one bug to post. A error that says "New augment must not be null". I would provide the log but i don't know where it is. Here is a link to a screenshot. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Heya! I might be posting this a second time on accident (sorry if I do), but this afaik is caused by having a custom race on the ship that isn't in the Race list.txt, so make sure to include it there!

I plan on having it just read what Races are in the game through hyperspace.xml, but that's harder than it sounds and this current version lets you create ships for races before you've actually created the race itself heh!
Chopper

Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:06 pm

Ah ok thanks so much!!
Official_KP

Postby Official_KP » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm

AdmiralBilly wrote:
Official_KP wrote:It is saying I downloaded the wrong version of the editor for my system and that I should download the version for Windows 32-bit. My pc is 64-bit.

Sorry for responding slowly.

For some reason, java installs 32-bit by default at all times. The way I fixed this myself is installing Java (offline) for windows 64 bit from their website, because the online installers automatically would grab the 32-bit version.

That being said I'm still trying to fix the rather silly crash to begin with, but yeah, java is being weird!

I'll try that and get back to you.
Chopper

Postby Chopper » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:37 pm

I love this mod even more becosue of the custom crew working and the ships! But I actually have a bug to report this time. When loading a ship i made in the ship editor i have to add the crew and the augments again. It is sometimes annoying. But you also probably already know about this to.
Last edited by Chopper on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Official_KP

Postby Official_KP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Official_KP wrote:
AdmiralBilly wrote:
Official_KP wrote:It is saying I downloaded the wrong version of the editor for my system and that I should download the version for Windows 32-bit. My pc is 64-bit.

For some reason, java installs 32-bit by default at all times. The way I fixed this myself is installing Java (offline) for windows 64 bit from their website, because the online installers automatically would grab the 32-bit version.

That being said I'm still trying to fix the rather silly crash to begin with, but yeah, java is being weird!

It works now. :D
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:29 am

Official_KP wrote:
Official_KP wrote:
AdmiralBilly wrote:

Nice! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been doing some birthday preparations heh.

I still plan on unbreaking the other platforms because, y'know, normal Superluminal works with them, it's just not something I really know how to do yet. That and I need to have more elegant error handling for not having custom races in the list and trying to save before editing names and such. If you get any kind of "null" error, it's likely one of these things.
Official_KP

Postby Official_KP » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:09 pm

AdmiralBilly wrote:
Official_KP wrote:
Official_KP wrote:

Nice! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been doing some birthday preparations heh.

I still plan on unbreaking the other platforms because, y'know, normal Superluminal works with them, it's just not something I really know how to do yet. That and I need to have more elegant error handling for not having custom races in the list and trying to save before editing names and such. If you get any kind of "null" error, it's likely one of these things.

I wanted to mention that it would be great if you could make the program an .exe that way I can add it to the start menu. (I don't know how hard it is to do that.)
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:51 am

Official_KP wrote:
AdmiralBilly wrote:
Official_KP wrote:It works now. :D

I wanted to mention that it would be great if you could make the program an .exe that way I can add it to the start menu. (I don't know how hard it is to do that.)

It's actually something that would be done if I could properly build the app for other platforms, I just haven't worked out that entire system at all yet unfortunately.
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 am

I know I'm later than ever but I have in fact updated the program quite a lot! Take it for a spin if you haven't, and let me know what you think!

I reply here slowly, so if you want to get in contact with me I frequent the Multiverse Discord server under the same name.
Z_Ace

Postby Z_Ace » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:17 am

This tool is great!
One small thing I noticed is that it writes custom species data in lowercase in the blueprints.xml.append file. I had to go back and manually add in capitalization, because without it the game didn't recognize the species.