[Challenge Mod] Oniomania: Gear Roulette

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Challenge Mod] Oniomania: Gear Roulette

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm

What is Oniomania?
"Compulsive buying disorder (CBD), or oniomania (from Greek ὤνιος ṓnios "for sale" and μανία manía "insanity"), is characterized by an obsession with shopping and buying behavior that causes adverse consequences."

Now whilst you won't be buying all that much in this challenge, there will be potential adverse consequences. In this challenge mod, gear will be coming and going at a fast pace.
Here are the rules:
1. Make an effort to visit stores. You don't have to go to them on discovery or when it means you have to get caught by the fleet, but the challenge is more interesting the more stores visit.
2. Buy all gear (weapons, augments, drones) and crew from stores. You're free to spend your scrap on consumables, repairs and systems.
3. You must equip what you bought. Oldest gear gets sold first if you need room, oldest crew dismissed first when you need room (top to bottom). If you buy more gear than you have slots, you're free to pick what to equip. (Like buy 3 drones, but only 2 drone slots.) Gear you find along the way counts as bought in last store for convenience. Cargo needs to be empty when leaving a store!
4. Buying Drone control is optional, but makes things more interesting.

Needless to say, these rules can't be enforced in any way so it's up to you to play by them. (Much as it might pain you to sell that Pre-Igniter for a Repair Arm. ;) )
A quick reminder of the rules is given at the start of the run.

Why the mod?
I hear you say. Along with the comment "but that's way too expensive!" and "this can all be done without downloading a mod!"
Well, you're not wrong. Hence why this mod changes the price of gear and crew to 0.
This means you'll never spend scrap on the gear you're buying. But it also means you don't get scrap for selling it. So keep that in mind when accepting that surrender offer that comes with a Pegasus or Hull Repair drone! Easy come, easy go.

Compatibility
The way the mod is coded is that it searches for any weapon, drone, augment and crew and overwrites the cost to 0. So not individual blueprints. This means the Oniomania mod should be perfectly compatible with overhaul mods and ship mods alike!
Just make sure this mod is loaded at the very bottom in Slipstream!

Downloads
Normal: Dropbox Mediafire
Easy(*): Dropbox Mediafire

(*) The easy version comes with cheaper systems, handy if you're playing on hard difficulty since you do lose the scrap you would gain from selling gear you find. Or if you just want slightly less of a challenge.
Keep in mind the cost for these systems was based on vanilla prices. So keep that in mind when playing an overhaul that messes with system prices. Pick the normal version in that case.

Runs
Rand118 Hard difficulty, normal challenge.

If you record a run, let me know and I'll add it to the list. (As soon as I notice the message...)
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.