[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:28 am

Eagletanker wrote:1. Some of the character models seem to glitch out, and display as a yellow or purple square with a caution sign in it, as do some of the gibs on ships. Is there anyway to fix this or will we have to wait till the next patch

Make sure you aren't using any UI mods or texturepacks alongside MV, as they will cause this. There are multiple areas where the images are intentionally excluded, and thus MV has made the missing resource icon invisible. You'd only be able to see it if you were using another mod that adds it back.

Eagletanker wrote:Where did you get the music from? could you link the places you pulled it?

We don't get the music from anywhere, it's all made for the mod. You can find it up on youtube on this playlist; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXARrpodicQsHXiZoecojFMsoXvrTN1Hv
We also have plans to put it on spotify eventually, but only when the OST is complete.

Captain Trek wrote:Small thing I noticed while playing the Spider B - when you de-crew an enemy ship with the Queen and Giant Spiders, after you click away the rewards message, you lose control of any Spiders on the enemy ship (as if the Queen weren't there - their Control special ability still works) until you teleport them and the Queen back.

There's no actual way to prevent this on our end, you'll have to ask hyperspace for a fix.

Captain Trek wrote:Couple more issues. First, I got this missile, which was apparently not supposed to happen judging by the description:
Had the same thing with a Heavy Crystal Mk II that was on special offer to buy from an event, but I can't show the screenshot of that one because of spoilers.

Make sure you're on 4.11, all of the known YOU SHOULD NOT SEE THIS weapons should be patched.

Captain Trek wrote:More importantly, it would appear that Augmented Lanius are quite happy to suicide their own ship in order to use their special ability (i.e. they'll still use it even when they're at 1 hull). I kinda feel like that shouldn't be the case...

This is entirely intentional, and is meant to be their core weakness as a faction.

DemonFusionGamer wrote:Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i'm having launching the updated game. When i try to launch 4.10.4 alongside the newest hyperspace, the game freezes at the last letter of the loading screen, but will still make the menu sound. I've been trying for hours to fix it but so far nothing has worked. For reference i downloaded the game through epic games, and older versions of the mod have worked just fine.

Try applying opengl to your game using the following steps;

Code: Select all

make a shortcut of FTLGame.exe
right click
properties
at the end of the target textbox, after the quotation mark
type space and -opengl
then run the game using the shortcut

Undisclosed wrote:I have played your mod for a few days now and you have done some splendid work.
However i have a bug to report during the Slug merchant's quest involving the Hektar corp enslaving his peaceful anti-tech native friends. I must have given the wrong answer to the aliens after defeating Hektar. Now my ship is being boarded by two aliens called "Tree Lizard Thing". They are unkillable

This hopefully should be fixed in the 4.11 release.

lehman93 wrote:Was the gatling gun removed from normal loot and shops ? I have not played in a long time , and now that i installed the new version i havent seen a single gatling gun ,having unlocked the first 2 pages of ships, only place i saw gatling gun was the ace cruiser i unlocked

The gatling gun was never in stores/random drops. It can only be crafted by obtaining all 3 parts from the Earth quest in the Civilian Coreworlds.

Captain Trek wrote:I had a fight with a multiverse cruiser based on the Engi ship that's split in half. This seems to have been more than the crew AI of enemy ships can handle, as they all just stood there allowing my borders to take them down one-by-one, only "waking up" so to say if I entered a room one of them was in and then left it. They had an anti-personnel drone that functioned normally when I teleported into the side of the ship it was on, though.

This is actually just an AI issue with the split ship gimmick. There's not really a fix on our end, so only hyperspace could patch it. It's not a terribly huge issue though so I'm not too worried about it.
Captain Trek

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby Captain Trek » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:16 am

The Prime Reaper's special ability seems to activate continuously while he's in certain rooms (namely sensors, doors, clonebay, and weapons. Haven't had the chance to test with medbay, teleporter, drone control, or mind control), allowing him to heal your crew even when not in combat.
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:57 pm

Immediate issue with the new update: Because the Orchid cruisers are now called "Floral" cruisers, they don't work for unlocking the Revolutionary cruiser.

Also, happened upon this odd circumstance during the flagship fight on the run where I discovered the above issue:

In the first phase, I hacked the teleporter to keep the riff-raff off my ship, meaning there was a huge number of them still alive come phase 2. As with the split Engi MV I posted earlier, the crew never moved, staunchly refusing to respond to that damaged engine, or anything else for that matter. I'm guessing this is probably related to the issue with the split Engi ship in some way, though even more curiously this wasn't a problem during phase 3.
lehman93

Postby lehman93 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:17 am

Thats odd i recall using gattlin guns like a year ago in multiverse last version i had was like 4.sumtin, when elite ships were part of a seperate module, maybe i had something else that made them accessible,but i recall gatlins that rewed up shooting faster and faster unlike the ones i can get now which rew up a bit and then just mow down enemies, then again pre igniters were a bit more common back then too, might have been the eldritch horrors mod. Brings a bit of frustration when i sometimes see it on enemies with no way to get that sweet sweet gun outside of killing sylvan as i discovered today(and if i can kill sylvan its already redunant at to get it at that point), but cool to know earth quest gives that too ive had it only once never got to complete it due to finding core worlds too late, btw theres a ship that mentions a certain traveling merchant would know about it, but i have never had the option for this quest sylvan(i asume this is the merchant hinted at)always just tells me about lizards or the pre igniter, is there some pre requisite to get it ?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:32 am

Thats odd i recall using gattlin guns like a year ago in multiverse last version i had was like 4.sumtin, when elite ships were part of a seperate module, maybe i had something else that made them accessible,but i recall gatlins that rewed up shooting faster and faster unlike the ones i can get now which rew up a bit and then just mow down enemies, then again pre igniters were a bit more common back then too, might have been the eldritch horrors mod. Brings a bit of frustration when i sometimes see it on enemies with no way to get that sweet sweet gun outside of killing sylvan as i discovered today(and if i can kill sylvan its already redunant at to get it at that point), but cool to know earth quest gives that too ive had it only once never got to complete it due to finding core worlds too late, btw theres a ship that mentions a certain traveling merchant would know about it, but i have never had the option for this quest sylvan(i asume this is the merchant hinted at)always just tells me about lizards or the pre igniter, is there some pre requisite to get it ?

Gatling guns certainly were never in the loot pool, nor do enemies ever use them. Are you sure you aren't getting it confused with the vulcan? That's a vanilla weapon that works somewhat similar, but its nowhere near as strong. The vulcan can still be found in stores.
Sylvan gives specific quests in certain sectors;
-Lizard quest (Zoltan Capital)
-Preigniter quest (Slug Homeworlds)
-Morph Unlock (Shell Science Center)
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:40 am

it would be nice if all the sectors 1 to 7 has a hidden boss on any of the stars. if you find him, he will drop a good weapon. the catch is, it will be twice as powerful and usually you need to run to survive it. the boss doesn tneed to be Svylan Merchant difficult, just maybe twice as difficult as the enemies in that particular sector. this will make the run more exciting and scary. if you try to kill the level boss, u get good rewards, if you run, you get nothing
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:04 am

Something similar to that already exists. They randomly spawn in sectors 4+ and use the color schemes of B/C type cruisers, and each one has a unique weapon or drone they drop (100% on crew kill, 50% on destruction). In sector 7 one is guaranteed to always spawn.
lehman93

Postby lehman93 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:55 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:

Gatling guns certainly were never in the loot pool, nor do enemies ever use them. Are you sure you aren't getting it confused with the vulcan? That's a vanilla weapon that works somewhat similar, but its nowhere near as strong. The vulcan can still be found in stores.
Sylvan gives specific quests in certain sectors;
-Lizard quest (Zoltan Capital)
-Preigniter quest (Slug Homeworlds)
-Morph Unlock (Shell Science Center)

I think you are right about the vulcan part, funny enough have not seen it even once in loot nor shops :/ Ive unlocked the first 5 pages of ships but i dont recall finding a single vulcan just alot of chain weapons that work kind of similar, thanks for claryifing the sylvan quest part,just now finished a run where i was in shell sector got him to talk about slimes, that i need to speak the language or clear the ship out sadly my ship couldnt meet the 2nd part, but a quest to meet ooj was set , and i had found the scientist who if im not wrong took part in making them, so color me suprised when having said scientist did not help at all in comunicating with them, and i had no way of geting ooj couse the morph ship had spawned at the start of the sector while ooj spawned at the end of it :/
Last edited by lehman93 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:16 am

Found another one - in a Leech Controlled sector, I got a quest where a Zoltan asks you to rescue members of the Zoltan embassy to the Leeches from Tiiikaka slavers. I used a blue upgraded weapons option to drive the slavers away and got rewarded for completing the quest... but the ship still fought me anyway... After blowing them up, I got the quest reward a second time.

EDIT: Also, in the previous version, rescuing Freddy didn't unlock the Free Mantis Cruiser. Is that fixed in this version?
lehman93

Postby lehman93 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:27 pm

Btw whats the deal with that ice planet in rebel sector where i fight a mothership with a countdown ? I cleared the crew but then almost got blown up by some kind of explosion, was it part of an event or was i realy just meant to run away, and multiverse nexus is something secret to unlock like the true end ?