[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.4 [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Release]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun May 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Foreman wrote:Is the Engi B from base game a Separatist? Also MV bosses are way to hard, I felt like he should have been at least 2 sectors ahead of me

The Separatists were indeed inspired directly from Engi B, though their cruiser has a completely different sprite.
The MV Bosses were added with the intention of spiking difficulty, and depending on the challenge level you select they get harder or easier. If you select casual, they just won't spawn at all (with no penalty to score either.) So far I havent really heard any complaints about their difficulty other than when people trigger a somewhat troublesome bug from reading the Atlas's in-game "wiki" pages, which increases the internal sector count trigger and can cause MV bosses to spawn much earlier than intended. There's unfortunately no proper fix for this at the moment.

Near the end of my run I went down the new tree lizard questline and ended up with some boarders of that species but they must be bugged - they would be practically invincible as their healing was so high until they switch form and are killable for maybe 10 seconds. It was a huge effort involving detonating my Zoltans in the room as soon as their form switched to actually have enough DPS to kill them. I would advise people to avoid this questline until its fixed as in most situations it would be a game over.

Yeah, this was a funny bug, though also a fairly annoying one. The easiest solution, obviously, is to just not pick the option that makes them board you, since there's one option that's always correct and one option that's always incorrect. If you do pick the wrong one, you can use the KILL command on the console to get rid of them.
Eagletanker

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.10.4 [Multiverse of Merchants Forums Release]

Postby Eagletanker » Sun May 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Hello, I have two questions

1. Some of the character models seem to glitch out, and display as a yellow or purple square with a caution sign in it, as do some of the gibs on ships. Is there anyway to fix this or will we have to wait till the next patch

2. Where did you get the music from? could you link the places you pulled it?
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Sun May 23, 2021 9:38 pm

Ranakastrasz wrote:Hardcoded questions/requests
Not sure these are possible, but still requesting.

Always show all Beacon paths, instead of just when hovering.

Just because you said it Hyperspace has now implemented it! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/701801787002323054/846139303305936916/2021-05-23_17-35-07.mp4
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Mon May 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Small thing I noticed while playing the Spider B - when you de-crew an enemy ship with the Queen and Giant Spiders, after you click away the rewards message, you lose control of any Spiders on the enemy ship (as if the Queen weren't there - their Control special ability still works) until you teleport them and the Queen back.
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 am

Couple more issues. First, I got this missile, which was apparently not supposed to happen judging by the description:

Had the same thing with a Heavy Crystal Mk II that was on special offer to buy from an event, but I can't show the screenshot of that one because of spoilers.

More importantly, it would appear that Augmented Lanius are quite happy to suicide their own ship in order to use their special ability (i.e. they'll still use it even when they're at 1 hull). I kinda feel like that shouldn't be the case...
DemonFusionGamer

Postby DemonFusionGamer » Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 am

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i'm having launching the updated game. When i try to launch 4.10.4 alongside the newest hyperspace, the game freezes at the last letter of the loading screen, but will still make the menu sound. I've been trying for hours to fix it but so far nothing has worked. For reference i downloaded the game through epic games, and older versions of the mod have worked just fine.
Undisclosed

Postby Undisclosed » Tue May 25, 2021 8:10 pm

Hello team!
I have played your mod for a few days now and you have done some splendid work.
However i have a bug to report during the Slug merchant's quest involving the Hektar corp enslaving his peaceful anti-tech native friends. I must have given the wrong answer to the aliens after defeating Hektar. Now my ship is being boarded by two aliens called "Tree Lizard Thing". They are unkillable. Their regeneration is so high that even in a room without O2 they regenerate faster than they take damage. 4 elite crew members at once can not kill the two aliens. My cloning bay is at lvl 4, so i have an endless flood of soldiers, but after several minutes, the enemy is still unkillable.
Interestingly enough, this specific alien race is not even noted in the Multiverse wiki, so i must have encountered a very rare quest
AdmiralBilly

Postby AdmiralBilly » Wed May 26, 2021 5:01 am

DemonFusionGamer wrote:Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i'm having launching the updated game. When i try to launch 4.10.4 alongside the newest hyperspace, the game freezes at the last letter of the loading screen, but will still make the menu sound. I've been trying for hours to fix it but so far nothing has worked. For reference i downloaded the game through epic games, and older versions of the mod have worked just fine.

Sounds like you might need to try using -opengl on a shortcut of the game! MV's discord has a step-by-step on how to do that in its install-help channel, but to quickly summarize, just create a shortcut to the exe and after the "ftlstuff" in the target textbox, add -opengl and launch the game using that shortcut.
lehman93

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby lehman93 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:29 am

Was the gatling gun removed from normal loot and shops ? I have not played in a long time , and now that i installed the new version i havent seen a single gatling gun ,having unlocked the first 2 pages of ships, only place i saw gatling gun was the ace cruiser i unlocked
Captain Trek

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby Captain Trek » Mon May 31, 2021 10:36 am

I had a fight with a multiverse cruiser based on the Engi ship that's split in half. This seems to have been more than the crew AI of enemy ships can handle, as they all just stood there allowing my borders to take them down one-by-one, only "waking up" so to say if I entered a room one of them was in and then left it. They had an anti-personnel drone that functioned normally when I teleported into the side of the ship it was on, though.