[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JerC

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.2.3

Postby JerC » Tue May 31, 2022 6:25 pm

Foreman wrote:hello, how do I change Morphs into other crew? as my morph isn't given options to become a new crew type.

Also on a side note sometimes Admiral Trully doesn't give me options he meant to give when I reach sector 8

Are you on the latest version? There was a previous issue 2 or 3 versions back where the Tully check was skipped if you had positive (as in done good deeds) general notoriety. It has been fixed for a while now.

For Morphs, you need the template crew: want to transform into a Rock, you need a Rock crew. Transformations are done in the storage check menu. Ghosts and Zoltans aren't considered valid choices due to their energetic/gaseous nature.
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:52 pm

JerC wrote:
Foreman wrote:hello, how do I change Morphs into other crew? as my morph isn't given options to become a new crew type.

Also on a side note sometimes Admiral Trully doesn't give me options he meant to give when I reach sector 8

Are you on the latest version? There was a previous issue 2 or 3 versions back where the Tully check was skipped if you had positive (as in done good deeds) general notoriety. It has been fixed for a while now.

For Morphs, you need the template crew: want to transform into a Rock, you need a Rock crew. Transformations are done in the storage check menu. Ghosts and Zoltans aren't considered valid choices due to their energetic/gaseous nature.

I believe I'm a bit behind, well I have to finish my current game before updating
RNGesus Hates me, change my mind
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:22 am

Suggestion, have the Sylvan type C have the sans Sylvan as captain, I'd think it be cool. Oh, somebody should make a mod
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:15 am

is the renegade collection hard coded in 5.2.3? with the option available to be prompted in each new run?
Foreman

Postby Foreman » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am

gerrykomalaysia22 wrote:is the renegade collection hard coded in 5.2.3? with the option available to be prompted in each new run?

I believe you have to find the mysterious beacon first but once you used it you can use it every run afterwards
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:03 pm

so i dont need to put the renegade collection mod into the game?
JerC

Postby JerC » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:32 pm

The Renegade Collection addon is completely unrelated to the mysterious beacon that can be activated on each run.
(said beacon makes it so other "secret" Renegade enemy cruisers can spawn, but currently due to a bug, only one of them currently spawns)
Exengo

Postby Exengo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:37 pm

I wrote a guide for getting Multiverse working on Linux since none seemed to exist. It should be applicable to all reasonable distros. Here it is if anyone is interested. Feel free to link to it alongside the other guides if you deem it good enough.
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:34 am

Error code: MinGW Assertation, whatever that means.

I can't get Multiverse to run. I'm on Windows 10, and I have all the newest files. I'm also getting conflicting information from the OP. It says Hyperspace.ftl is not required, but it also says the Hyperspace mod is required. Not sure what's going on with that. I've tried running the game with and without Hyperspace, even tried running Hyperspace first followed by Multiverse, and the opposite.

I couldn't tell you what this error message means. It doesn't give me any useful information. Note that I'm having the same issue as another user from 2020.
Links:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35332&p=124452&hilit=MinGW%5C#p124452
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35332&p=124453&hilit=MinGW%5C#p124453

I keep seeing awesome videos of Multiverse popping up but it's frustrating I can't play it. I have 160+ hours clocked in FTL and would like to increase that further. Any help would be appreciated :)

Here's an FTL.log file, if that helps.
https://gist.github.com/9c8bbe7d8d56175 ... 7a70c722a5

Edit: I solved the problem via searching the Discord. Herp.

1. Download all the stuff mentioned in the OP. MV, Hyperspace, 1.9.1 mod manager.
2. Extract the windows or linux versions of Hyperspace into your root FTL directory next to FTLgame.exe
3. Run the downgrade.bat file
4. Patch Multiverse only, not the Hyperspace.ftl file
5. Set launch options in Steam settings to -directx, like so: https://i.imgur.com/K7SNJLv.png
Done.

Hope that helps other people.
SanicK

Postby SanicK » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:19 pm

Continuing a saved game file crashes FTL and cannot continue my game after multiple attempts :(