[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RilvX

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.3 Order and Chaos

Postby RilvX » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:41 pm

I downloaded slipstream, hyperspace, and multiverse. I just ran the Multiverse EVE file and it installed and ran the game. This completly ignored hyperspace and slipstrea, am I missing something here?

Postby 2910 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:04 pm

I wonder if there is a solution to my question:

I met a red Distress Beacon, that told me about Thest (Judge). I destroyed it and talked to Thest about it. He told me about Sylvan in a heart of a storm and that I need „someone close to him“ and „something detecting anomalous signatures“.

So i ran some „Salt Man“-Ship runs (someone close to him) with Aether-Sensors (to detect anomalies), but with no luck.

I play the latest version and have almost every ship unlocked (except those, that need a specific person talk about a specific item, what I don’t understand at all.)

Hope someone can help me about this. And btw thx to the Multiverse Crew! It’s a great addition. Really appreciate your work and wish you all the best!

edit:
I killed Sylvan in sector 8 in the same run (first time ever), but just got lots of loot.
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:53 pm

Woah, I haven't been on this forum in a hot second. I am glad this mod came out, really made me nostalgic for my early teenage years, and single-handedly got me back into playing FTL.
CutestMorning

Postby CutestMorning » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:59 pm

encountered a bug in my first time playing this mod (today) in which crew cannot be deselected until warping to a new node, which has resulted in a few unfortunate deaths. Other than that, a really fun mod, if not a bit overwhelming seeing 17 pages of ships and so many new features.
TheBlob

Postby TheBlob » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:05 pm

Hello!

I just installed Multiverse on another computer and realized that the save file doesn't appear to be shared. Is there a way to share the save file between multiple computers, like in vanilla, or do I need to manually copy and paste the save files from one computer to the other? If that is the case, where can I find these files?

Cheers!
JerC

Postby JerC » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:01 pm

TheBlob wrote:Hello!

I just installed Multiverse on another computer and realized that the save file doesn't appear to be shared. Is there a way to share the save file between multiple computers, like in vanilla, or do I need to manually copy and paste the save files from one computer to the other? If that is the case, where can I find these files?

Cheers!

Save progress is stored in Documents/My Games.
BriteShadowWolf

Postby BriteShadowWolf » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:59 am

So...has there been a change in the spawning of the ancient questline? Ever since 5.3, I haven't seen the start of it regardless of how many engi sectors I visit. I even hit 4 engi sectors in 1 run a bit ago, but all that's been waiting for me are mantis or seperatists depending on the type of sector. I suppose it's possible that I've just been that unlucky but it's got be somewhere near 20-ish sectors in a row and it's kind of frustrating so I just wanted to check if maybe the spawn chance was lowered or if it was altered in some other way that hasn't been mentioned or posted somewhere before I curse my luck outright and give up.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 am

A new Data version is available to download which corrects many gameplay issues, coinciding with Hyperspace's own releases that corrects issues as well adding QoL features. Hyperspace version 1.3.1 is required to use it.
The Renegade Collection also was updated for bugfixes, and Scrap Starvation is now available on the addon page.

Code: Select all

HS fixes:

-Pinpoint aiming overhaul + length fix
-Run stability now properly seeded on first run of a session
-Resolved issues related to crew teleportation and Super Shields

MV fixes:

-Ability to use a lightspeed augment after picking a CURA task
-Toned down anomaly effect with a placeholder replacement
-Transport C unlock and crates fixed
NOTE, that due to how long it has been glitched and how notorious the issues were, it was decided that Sylvan Transport unlock be reset; you must unlock the layouts again.
-External Emergency Generator can now be properly installed
-Kernel Greenhouse properly unlocks lightspeed fuel option
-Fixed detergent and odd rerouting behavior at S8
-S8 Rhymer Redemption fix
-Fixed portal Sylvan missing his surges. What, you thought that was normal?
-Ruwen's exit reward can no longer be repeated
-Fixed bosses having non-enemy bombs
-Fixed Suzerain Jailer not having drones to use
-Fixed Sylvan music lingering if fleeing
-Royal Overwatcher now properly counts as Aether Tech
-Challenge/Extreme Salt now properly uses invasion AI
-Fixed Leech Renegade missing in mission report and not allowing Renegade boon usage
-Fixed Renegade Chaos loot being replaced by normal variants if jumping and returning
-Turzil's quest and the Guild Pheromone factory are no longer removed by quests
-Fixed ships with special rewards being replaced by random drops (Dynasty Salvager, Stealth quest, KoN/WI guard, Ion Auto, MFK Leah)
-Fixed visual issues with Wallace event
-Fixed ruins issues related to Wastelands, and Crystal/Engi ruin events
-Fixed missing achievements trigger (Devorak, Jerry, Leah, Chaos boon)
-Fixed Anurak, Symbiote, Metyunt and Drag Queen missing essential tag
-Fixed ProtoMV C augment bypassing major events, is now locked
-Fixed missing Tony Sr dialogue
-Fixed odd interactions with Quarp Juice + Parasite Dependencies, New Order + Overclocking, Respirators + Anatomical Gyroscopes, and SSLG Lockdown + Geodification

BriteShadowWolf wrote:So...has there been a change in the spawning of the ancient questline? Ever since 5.3, I haven't seen the start of it regardless of how many engi sectors I visit. I even hit 4 engi sectors in 1 run a bit ago, but all that's been waiting for me are mantis or seperatists depending on the type of sector. I suppose it's possible that I've just been that unlucky but it's got be somewhere near 20-ish sectors in a row and it's kind of frustrating so I just wanted to check if maybe the spawn chance was lowered or if it was altered in some other way that hasn't been mentioned or posted somewhere before I curse my luck outright and give up.

The chances have not been recently tweaked in the slightest, other than requiring 3 total visits to the Last Stand before Guardian vessels at the Link can spawn.
KeithLaster

Postby KeithLaster » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:40 am

First, I agree with the opinion that FTL is an incredibly addictive game that requires the player to think tactically and make quick decisions. I often play it when I want to relax after a hard day, and I always find something new in the gameplay. I also want to point out that I don't agree that FTL is a game only for professionals. I think anyone can enjoy this game if they are willing to take the time to learn its mechanics and strategies. Yes, the game can be challenging, but that only makes it more fun. Finally, I'd like to know what you think about the possibility of a sequel to FTL? I would love to see new ships, weapons and mechanics in this wonderful universe. Who knows, maybe Subset Games is already working on FTL 2? I couldn't wait to find out more about it.
TheBlob

Postby TheBlob » Sun May 28, 2023 12:28 pm

JerC wrote:
TheBlob wrote:Hello!

Cheers!

Save progress is stored in Documents/My Games.

Thank you for the answer :)

Another two quick questions:

In Multiverse, when I defeat a ship there's no animation showing the ship blowing up. It just disappears, with some explosions. Is this normal?

Also, I sometimes lose the "connectivity grid" in a sector. Any way to fix this?

Long live Multiverse.