[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sortavala94

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby sortavala94 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:55 pm

a have a problem, maybe this is bug. ancient b cant use artirely, artilery just charging and.. dont shoot.
sorry for my english
JerC

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)+hotfix]

Postby JerC » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:51 am

sortavala94 wrote:a have a problem, maybe this is bug. ancient b cant use artirely, artilery just charging and.. dont shoot.
sorry for my english

Download the latest version, this issue was fixed.
sortavala94

Postby sortavala94 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 pm

JerC wrote:
sortavala94 wrote:a have a problem, maybe this is bug. ancient b cant use artirely, artilery just charging and.. dont shoot.
sorry for my english

Download the latest version, this issue was fixed.

i have version 4.11 rus translate(machine translate). translation affects text files, how can it give a bug to the mod engine? although the English version I have the same minor bugs as the loading screen, but the ancient one did not check. perhaps this is due to a weak computer, for a long time before the latest updates, the hyperspace engine did not work for me, either in multiverse, or in the arsenal +
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:41 am

what happened to randomly finding weapons' in space? that was a nice feature in vanilla FTL. also, with the latest 4.11 MV, it seems harder to get to the Ancient Questline with the real ending. it was easier to get that quest around 4.5 MV
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:43 am

sortavala94 wrote:i have version 4.11 rus translate(machine translate). translation affects text files, how can it give a bug to the mod engine? although the English version I have the same minor bugs as the loading screen, but the ancient one did not check. perhaps this is due to a weak computer, for a long time before the latest updates, the hyperspace engine did not work for me, either in multiverse, or in the arsenal +

MV has no separate text files from the events, so anything that changes the text also changes the events. Any later releases for hotfixes or actual updates will undoubtedly edit these events as well, and thus translations will override them and cause problems.

gerrykomalaysia22 wrote:what happened to randomly finding weapons' in space? that was a nice feature in vanilla FTL. also, with the latest 4.11 MV, it seems harder to get to the Ancient Questline with the real ending. it was easier to get that quest around 4.5 MV

Finding random weapons can still happen but is inherently less common because MV has more events. However, MV has a lot more equipment drops in general than vanilla, so it shouldn't matter much. The true ending questline is about as rare as it used to be, if not actually being more common now as it can spawn in liberated sector harmony links.
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:05 am

i want to ask if the rebel delay is brought forward in the next sector? For example, in Sector 3 at the exit, i choose to delay the rebel fleet by 2 turns with mine bomb, when i get to Sector 4, will the rebel be delayed by 1 turn? or will things just reset to zero no matter how fas ahead of the rebel fleet in the previous sector?

is there a chance to buy an augment or in the menu, pay to increase number of crew?
SpaceFinn

Postby SpaceFinn » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:26 am

Hello, liking the Multiverse mod so far (great job!), but having issue activating the "Custom Start" -addon as no customization options is available at the start of the game. Game starts as vanilla Multiverse. No errors are given during mod activation or in-game.

Heres what I have done:

1) I have the EPIC Store version of FTL
2) Have downgraded FTL to 1.6.9 version
3) Installed Slipstream
4) Installed Hyperspace 0.7.1
5) Installed Multiverse 4.11
6) Installed Custom Start

Mod Activation order:
(Hyperspace 0.71.) Tested both with and without this
Multiverse 4.11
Custom Start

Could anyone help how to troubleshoot this? Thank you.

EDIT: I validated the Custom Start mod via Slipsteam's validate button and it gave the following message:
@ MV Addon - Custom Start.zip:
----------------------------

> data/hyperspace.xml.append

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <!-- No other dashes should touch. -->
! Fix this and try again:
org.jdom2.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 4362: The element type "mod:findLike" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</mod:findLike>".
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
</FTL>
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dunno if this has to do with it?
SpaceFinn

Postby SpaceFinn » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:26 am

SpaceFinn wrote:Hello, liking the Multiverse mod so far (great job!), but having issue activating the "Custom Start" -addon as no customization options is available at the start of the game. Game starts as vanilla Multiverse. No errors are given during mod activation or in-game.

Heres what I have done:

1) I have the EPIC Store version of FTL
2) Have downgraded FTL to 1.6.9 version
3) Installed Slipstream
4) Installed Hyperspace 0.7.1
5) Installed Multiverse 4.11
6) Installed Custom Start

Mod Activation order:
(Hyperspace 0.71.) Tested both with and without this
Multiverse 4.11
Custom Start

Could anyone help how to troubleshoot this? Thank you.

Custom Start works fine + all above is right and correct. This was another user end dilemma...and partially less well clarified addon description :)

Activating Custom Start Addon: At the start of the game player chooses (press Random ship button) ship with only pilot visible and start game from there -> Custom start kicks in with it's vast ship customization options.

How I found help? Visited Multiverse Discord server where lead designer Admiral Billy helped sort this rather simple issue out. Thank you once more!

PS. ATTENTION: On Weapons selection, Billy warned howering mouse over weapons which has no weapon icon. This results in crash. Other than this, Custom Starts addon works beautifully and adds tons of flair and variety to vanilla start. Highly recommended!
Ashnal

Postby Ashnal » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:37 am

Small thought on the Overclock upgrade for Zoltan:
45 hp means they will instantly die to ABS system shots. I find this frustrating when playing without a clone bay.
While I get that you could just use a clone bay , I'd rather see an adjustment so the hp is 50, instead of 45. This prevents ABS one shots, while still being vulnerable to 60 crew damage weapons. The ABS one shots feel a little unfair since there's no way you can react, prevent, or defend from them. It's just a random dice roll if it strikes the room with your overclocked Zoltan.
meltingpot

Postby meltingpot » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi! Just want to preface this by saying that you guys did such an incredible job with this mod! It has completely revitalized my love in one of my favorite games of all time :D
One of my hard drives recently died and I unfortunately lost all of my ship unlock progress. I don't really want to have to grind through all the ships I've previously unlocked, but I also really don't want to use the SHIP ALL function. I've gone through pretty much every thread/post that explains how to unlock specific ships, but I cannot get it to work for the life of me. I've gone into the APPEND files and tried literally every possible combination I've seen/ can think of (e.g "SHIP SHIP_CUSTOM_ID"). I've also paid super close attention to my capitalization and restarted the game a bunch of times, but I still cannot get a single ship to unlock. Would anyone be able to respond with the exact command I would need to enter to unlock a ship (literally anything will do)? Sorry for being so inept lol I just spent like an hour trying to figure it out last night and got super frustrated.