[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Blowingupstuff89

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby Blowingupstuff89 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:39 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:
Blowingupstuff89 wrote:Maybe that's because I used a Shield Jammer combat augment which doesn't actually do anything to the flagship.

I believe you might be mistaken on this one? Obviously whatever happened on your end happened on your end, but from all my testing it does seem work, and it is intended to work. Are you sure you had the shield jammer on-hand? There's two combat augments that don't work on the flagship (and they do explicitly say they don't) and that's the targeting jammer and EMP Generator.

Yeah, I used the blue option for the Shield Jammer with the Emergency Generator, and the ship still ended up having 4 shields. Maybe that's what did it?

I am fighting the Flagship again now and I just noticed that it charges up a fifth shield, so I guess it must have done something on that first try, though I was expecting 4 shields to 2 so I was dead shocked lol.

Can't give enough props though. This is a great mod. Breathes so much more life into the game.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.11 [Leech Update (sort of)]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:20 am

Yeah, I used the blue option for the Shield Jammer with the Emergency Generator, and the ship still ended up having 4 shields. Maybe that's what did it?

If your Flagship only had 4 shields, that means its working. The flagship has 5 shields now in Multiverse, to compensate for the overall higher shield popping power the player usually ends up having in MV.

Also, glad you're enjoying the mod!
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:21 am

barrel and base in the 4 storage, disappeared when save and exit at Spider Universe, sad
Blowingupstuff89

Postby Blowingupstuff89 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:

If your Flagship only had 4 shields, that means its working. The flagship has 5 shields now in Multiverse, to compensate for the overall higher shield popping power the player usually ends up having in MV.

Also, glad you're enjoying the mod!

Okay, that's fair, I was looking at it wrong then. :( I had a bad feeling about my ship that run when I noticed how much harder the flagship was than the enemies in sector 7 and 8.

Still, there was a silver lining. That run unlocked the artillery cruiser and I scored a win! https://i.imgur.com/lJ5DqGF.png

Multiverse is everything I ever wanted out of my post-Hard win FTL experience. I've been recommending MV to get people to reinstall and revisit the game. All these choices and added complexity make the game feel so much more alive.

Do you guys have a Patreon or a PayPal or anything for us to throw some monetary appreciation back at you?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:21 pm

gerrykomalaysia22 wrote:barrel and base in the 4 storage, disappeared when save and exit at Spider Universe, sad

It's unfortunately a vanilla bug involving zero power weapons. Hopefully hyperspace can fix it, but at the moment we can't do much about it.

Blowingupstuff89 wrote:Do you guys have a Patreon or a PayPal or anything for us to throw some monetary appreciation back at you?

Though I'm honored you're even suggesting it, currently we don't take any sort of donations. That's more of a personal philosophy thing (this being kix talking here), but there isn't anything stopping the other devs from setting one up. Afaik though, currently none of them have. Just having people enjoy the mod is enough for me to keep on going.
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 am

that means i have to assemble the gatling gun after getting all 3 items. reason i wanted to save and quit is because i feel refreshed enough to play the game again the next day to enjoy the loot. sometimes playing the game for 1 hour drains away my stamina. what are the chances of getting the ability to upgrade to get more storage slots (not only 4), or get more Maximum power (instead of relying on Zoltans) or making overall weapons system have more than 8 power limit (limit it to 12)
Blowingupstuff89

Postby Blowingupstuff89 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:45 am

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:
Blowingupstuff89 wrote:Do you guys have a Patreon or a PayPal or anything for us to throw some monetary appreciation back at you?

Though I'm honored you're even suggesting it, currently we don't take any sort of donations. That's more of a personal philosophy thing (this being kix talking here), but there isn't anything stopping the other devs from setting one up. Afaik though, currently none of them have. Just having people enjoy the mod is enough for me to keep on going.

Well, let me just say then, it has been a very enjoyable experience. This mod got me addicted to FTL all over again! :mrgreen:
gerrykomalaysia22

Postby gerrykomalaysia22 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:02 am

i wish that there would be a way to make the gatling gun and access the spider universe without a teleporter. it can be done but extremely extremely hard
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:25 pm

All you need to do those questlines are crew kills - there's many, many ways to do crew kills without a teleporter, even in vanilla. Fires, taking out oxygen, etc, are all very effective. MV also has a much larger range of specifically anti-bio weapons that can assist you. The gatling one is very hard, and intentionally so, but the entry event to the spider questline isn't terribly hard considering spiders repair slow (making them vulnerable to a damaged oxygen system/breaches) and take much more damage from fire.
torbenbeta

Postby torbenbeta » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:35 pm

Hello, i have a question.
Is there a list of commands avaible via the command prompt? If yes, where?
With regards.